Indiana Jones The Complete Collection Blu Ray review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading the Robert Harris (a true expert) comments re: the RAIDERS blu-ray I'm not only not worried now but actually even more excited than before. :rock

But I did pre-order that kickass set from Amazon UK, so I gotta wait an extra 2 weeks. :(

After reading the Robert Harris (a true expert) comments re: the RAIDERS blu-ray I'm not only not worried now but actually even more excited than before. :rock

But I did pre-order that kickass set from Amazon UK, so I gotta wait an extra 2 weeks. :(

Isn't that the wrong region? UK is with Europe and Australia, U.S. is with S America?

I believe this set is region free.
I just watched my copy of the Raiders blu-ray and reports of the anomalies at the start are true. The intro is strangely yellow/orange and there is a noticeable blurring effect when Satipo turns around for Indy to brush off the spiders. Not sure what happened there. The restoration is not as jaw-dropping as Jaws, but I have no problem with it looking like the 30+ year old film that it is.

A question for all the Indy nuts when you watch Raiders. One of my favourite lines is "Asps. Very dangerous. You go first." When watching the blu-ray there seemed to be a different take on it, the version I remember has the emphasis on YOU (which they show in the Raiders behind the scenes special on Disc 4). In the film that emphasis seems to be missing, instead it's more of a straight reading of the line. Am I imagining things?

Still my favourite film of all time.

I hope you don't watch movies at home with your TV's out of the box brightness/contrast settings. They tend to be ridiculously high. First thing I do whenever I get a new TV is pop in the THX optimizer from the last Indy DVD release to get a much more film like picture.

Mine has been professionally calibrated. My issues aren't coming from any other place than concern; the whole film looks likes it's had a yellow wash put over the top. The contrast is too high and the color balance is overt.

A stylized grade should add to the aesthetic of the film and evoke a mood whilst never drawing attention to itself.

I picked up mine yesterday and watched Raiders and it looked great, yes there is area's that look a little brighter then I remember but nothing a little twinking with the brightness and contrast controls can't fix.

On a side note I switched the movie over to 3D on my TV and damn it looked awesome. The 3D isn't as dominate like you would get from the cinema's but it still looked great.

Ron

I picked up mine yesterday and watched Raiders and it looked great, yes there is area's that look a little brighter then I remember but nothing a little twinking with the brightness and contrast controls can't fix.

On a side note I switched the movie over to 3D on my TV and damn it looked awesome. The 3D isn't as dominate like you would get from the cinema's but it still looked great.

Ron

The Blu-Ray has some kind of 3D enhancement? Or is that just the 3D setting draws something out that regular setting doesn't?

The Blu-Ray has some kind of 3D enhancement? Or is that just the 3D setting draws something out that regular setting doesn't?

Hey mate I'm not a guru when it comes to this sought of thing but it could be a combo of both.

When I press the 3D button on the control it changes to the 3D mode and the picture is blurry like 3D and when I turn on the 3D glasses the picture has that 3D element in it.

Ron

Hey mate I'm not a guru when it comes to this sought of thing but it could be a combo of both.

When I press the 3D button on the control it changes to the 3D mode and the picture is blurry like 3D and when I turn on the 3D glasses the picture has that 3D element in it.

Ron

Hey Ron,

You back yet?

I couldn't go through the whole movie, but I just popped mine in to check this issue, and . . . . .well

Top is BluRay, Bottom is existing HDTV capture

17363294.jpg

hattc.jpg

i think I actually prefer the bluray "colors" over the dvd. I feel like they messed with the dvd release and changed how it was supposed to be originally, but the bluray brings it back to how it's really supposed to be. And the bluray has a more natural feel to it.

Hey mate, yeah have been back for about 5 weeks now slowly getting settled back in and have done a few customs but nothing indy at the moment.

Ron

Cool :clap

You happy with the DX, sir? (and the custom whip)

I've got another job for you if you've got the time?

https://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviewshd/bdreviews091712.html

A more "trusted" source. Glad I am getting this still.

May I ask why these guys are more "trusted" than I? I work in the film industry and have been for the past 25 years. My system is a reference level system, probably the same as they would be running. I actually make a living from making films, these guys are simply critics - so you might want to get your facts right before pulling out the derogatory "trusted" quote.

As I CLEARLY stated, my copy is an Australian printing which are notorious for their poor mastering. As I also CLEARLY stated, the US version use reference mastering and are the pinnacle of picture quality for video/audiophiles around the world since the Laserdisc days.

Obviously, the US version got it right...

Why would European, UK, New Zealand and Australian copies be any different from the U.S. bluray mastering? They all come from the same source and AFAIK they are not region locked.

Back