The Witcher netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhh I see, I was hoping it wouldn?t matter too much. I know the game is MASSIVE so by the time I finish the show I doubt I?ll even be past the intro haha. But as someone who has mostly no interest in this genre, the trailers and praise for the game really sucked me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three episodes in and some really poor casting decisions are keeping me from enjoying this as much as it should. Maybe the actors will grow on me.

I've read the books and played all 3 games. Not sure what to think of it just yet from watching the first episode. I kind of like Henry as Geralt but I didn't like the Cintra part with the poor CGI and how the Nilfs are portrayed in their molten rubber outfits. (And all that stabbing through plate armor, yikes). Then there's the elephant in the room with the choice of casting non Caucasians. Maybe more episodes in they'll twist the whole original narrative to have it make sense.
The alleyway fighting was great though, hope there's more of that.

Well the casting folks did almost make Ciri non white. That would be my only complaint so far is the casting otherwise enjoying it.

Love Yen so far

I’ve never played the games, or read the books. Two episodes in, and I find much of it a bit confusing. I have the bootleg Yennifer figure, and I think the casting for her is a bit... young. I feel like I’m watching Game of the Thrones with all the gratuitous graphic violence.

3 episodes in and i'm starting to like this, Cavill is perfect for this role but some other casting choices are just bad, especially Triss

Three episodes in and I'm digging it so far, the casting of Anya Chalotra as Yennifer despite my reservations seems to be the right choice, as is Cavill as Geralt (he's way too buff though) and Freya Allan as Ciri. Triss was awful though (what have they got against redheads?) and I'm not convinced with the dude playing Dandelion. The forced diversity sticks out like like a massive, throbbing sore thumb. We know you're not racists guys please turn the Virtue Signal off. Looking forward to bingeing the rest today.

When I saw a non Caucasian actor, I lol admit I cringed and thought: oh no, SJW all over again, and I hate that!

Then again, even though it looks weird and out of place in a medieval setting, I rationalized it because, after all , this isn’t earth, so, let’s cut them so slack here. But I’ve seen other movies or series, like British series Marlin, where it was a soar wound sticking out and preventing me from getting involved in the series.

Yep, I cringed also. They just have to fill those racial quotas and of course the whitest girl Ciri will be mated with a black elf Dara :pfft:

Yeah that Dara elf is confusing. So basically all that's left for those xenophobic town's folk is that they hate elves because they have pointy ears and dwarves for being short but are totally okay with everything else. I can understand those mages looking different as they're able to tweak their appearance to whatever they feel like so that isn't that bothersome. If I ignore those scenes, the rest of the show is quite solid so far. Hoping for a recast of Triss though for season 2.

The show has timeline issues.

Ep 4 has a story before ciri is born with Geralt, dealing with her mother, then we cut to scenes with Ciri. If I had not read the books, I'd be lost

And who the **** cares about casting white versus non white. Good actors are good actors

Back