UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iunno.. he got KO'ed playing around and in the rematch he lost by freak accident. So I don't think at this point that his chin is shot/his career is over. Especially since Silva's loss to Weidman is the first time he ever got knocked out. All his other legit losses were by sub/decision. Liddell on the other hand got KTFO badly 3 times in a row before throwing in the towel. And that last one by Franklin was a baby tap and Chuck still went night-night. :lol

Now If Diaz KO's Silva THEN I would definitely say it's a wrap cuz I've only seen him KO one person in his entire career and that was Robbie Lawler. Which is weird when you think about it.. with all the bombs Lawler has absorbed and walked through.

you don't remember when Silva looked like he almost got KO'd in the second fight? I think they were in a clinch situation and Weidman hit him and his legs gave out, he recovered in guard, but I thought he almost got KO'd from a relatively light looking punch. We will see, maybe I am not remembering that punch correctly, but it seemed like a small shot ala Liddell-Franklin.

you don't remember when Silva looked like he almost got KO'd in the second fight? I think they were in a clinch situation and Weidman hit him and his legs gave out, he recovered in guard, but I thought he almost got KO'd from a relatively light looking punch. We will see, maybe I am not remembering that punch correctly, but it seemed like a small shot ala Liddell-Franklin.

I remember but he was just off balance. Silva was in the middle of throwing a knee (so he was on one leg) when Weidman landed that right hand behind the ear. And when Silva tries to plant his right foot down afterward he's leaning so far back at that point + Weidman's momentum, Silva completely loses balance and falls down with Weidman on top of him. I don't think he was hurt at all TBH. But it's possible that he was loopy from the punch (since shots like that CAN mess up your equilibrium). Regardless.. that has nothing to do with his jaw and him still being able to take a punch.

I think Silva should give it more time for his chin and leg.

He's like 38-39.. he doesn't have time. :lol

since GSP out struck Diaz in their last fight, I would be surprised if Diaz would even stand a chance. Will be a exciting match for sure though. Everyone will want to see if that broken leg messed up his psyche.

You guys catch that jones/Cormier brawl? Unlike some of the boxing ones in the past, that looked legit. Jon tossed Dana to the side. That's gonna be a crazy fight.

I personally think Anderson is to big for Nick. Im pretty sure Anderson will beat Nick. Its still a cool fight to watch but I just don't think the Diaz style lends well
against Silva. I mean most guys have figured out as long as you don't walk straight in the Diaz brothers have problems.

As for the DC/Jon scuffle, Dana wasn't there, but I know what youre saying. Jon landed a punch on someone and by the end you see Jon in DC's guard.
Jon said on twitter something to the affect of "put some ice on your face cause you have a lot more interviews tomorrow" so he must have landed a shot or 2.
It'll be an interesting fight for sure. Im also curious as to how much they'll be fined.

haha no harm no foul man. Yeah regardless its going to be an awesome fight. If anyone is looking for fights WSOF is on NBC this Saturday night.
Just to get your fight fix for the weekend.

Metamoris 4: Sonnen vs. Galvao
Spoiler Spoiler:

Metamoris 4: Barnett vs. Lister
Spoiler Spoiler:

I really didn't want to click on the spoilers, but I know the videos prolly aren't on YouTube yet??? And I figured I would hear about the matches at class next week. How about Keenan /vinny? That's crazy he got tapped, but it happens to the best in the world. I wouldn't even consider him one of the best in the world though , he just hasn't been tapped in forever. Never heard of a scarf choke, though I've prolly seen it. Will look it up when I get a chance. Thanks for the spoiler tags anyways

How about Keenan /vinny?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Never heard of a scarf choke, though I've prolly seen it.

You have.

Spoiler Spoiler:

First time I remember seeing it was when Mark Coleman defeated Dan Severn with it. It's usually just called a Neck Crank. Even though it's not. :lol

No wonder it's rarely seen, very old school and neck cranks usually aren't allowed in jj tournaments. He must be crazy strong to have been able to finish that, I know he was desperately trying to get on his side or break his hand grip by pushing away , surprised he couldn't do either.

The biggest difference between a Scarf choke and a neck crank is, it's not pain that makes the person tap (which is the case with a neck crank). A Scarf choke cuts off the oxygen supply (your chin pushed toward your chest + your opponent LAYING on top of your chest). There's also variations, one looks like the Million Dollar Dream/Cobra Clutch move from Pro Wrestling. And another is the same position Barnett was in except instead of a headlock you use your left arm and jam it forearm down into the throat while laying on top of your opponent. But in all three cases none of them are targeting the neck to apply pain like a crank.

Well I've never been choked like that, so I couldn't comment too much on that particular submission. Usually in that spot, would just get on my side, chest out, but there's a Ezekiel choke from there too if hand grips don't change, harder to get in no gi. I know I haven't seen that variation in person, I'm surprised lister fell to it since he's prolly familiar with that old school move.

^ I think by that point in the match Barnett had worn him down quite a bit and was being very aggressive with his sub attempts. Sometimes when you're tired and the other guy is stronger, you can't stop even the stuff you see coming.

True, I haven't seen any of the fights yet, so can't comment. Xiande was super close to subbing lister when they fought at metamoris.

Back