$ide$how tells you what you're thought of

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had forgot about X-Files. I have them too. I wanted more than one of Krycek because he could be Michael Pare' with a little work and another Skinner for my Stargate teams. But at the pricepoint couldn't justify it just for a headsculpt. Now I can't come close to one. Another Frank Black would be great for ALIeNS Bishop.
I hope, for the sake of you Star Wars fans, that $ide$how treats your line better than its others. I get the feeling that they're bilking your wallets with a few dupes and trivial [albeit pricey] "extras" to get ALL the $ they can before having to deliver the most wanted pieces.
I'd love to see them offer some of their sculpts in head/accessory sets. It could bring in extra $ for them and fulfill some collectors wants at the same time.

Buttmunch said:
To answer Ironman's question, no I don't think the line would be doing as well if we had been getting mulitiple Lukes and no Hans, Leias, etc. Although there are thoughs that argue this is happening. Now we're going to have 2 Lukes and two Leias, but no Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, etc. Instead we are getting random things like Chess sets and Endor Troops. When I look at it that way, it does seem very similar to the way PotA and Buffy were handeled (obviously not exactly, but similar). I think Sideshow needs a few more big characters like Vader soon or people really will start to lose interest in the line.

Although I didn't collect Buffy or PotA, I do feel for you guys. I was an X-Files fan and that line seem to die too early as well. What can you do right? :eek:

I agree with you, but I think what hurt the X-Files line so quick was the first Mulder paint apps. He looked like a drag queen in a suit, really hurt the kick off of the line. I don't collect the 1/6 lines any more but would get the Lone Gunmen if they were made.
The Buffy line had just to long of a wait between different characters and then Willow hit.:monkey1

pixletwin said:
I admit that I was taken for a couple seconds. If any of you say you weren't at least 1/2 wondering for a second you are liars.

Makes two of us. It had me for a bit. I was thinking man if this is real I just don't know what I would do. I have no issues at all admitting I fell for it for a bit like Pix did.

Darth Loki said:
A better joke would've been announcing a Kurgan or new PotA figure :rotfl
They wanted to but it was ixnayed by their insurance broker.
Don't *** with the kurgan krusaders!

EDIT: BTW I wonder how the Scummers took the joke ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Viking28 said:
I agree with you, but I think what hurt the X-Files line so quick was the first Mulder paint apps. He looked like a drag queen in a suit, really hurt the kick off of the line. I don't collect the 1/6 lines any more but would get the Lone Gunmen if they were made.
The Buffy line had just to long of a wait between different characters and then Willow hit.:monkey1
And that's something that I feel has really hurt their product lines as well. Regardless of whether you personally agree with the criticism of an individual sculpt or paint job or not, if there's a large enough number of fans who feel that a particular head sculpt or paint job just doesn't look good enough to buy will have a drastic consequence on the longevity of the entire line.
If there are enough people out there who refuse to buy Willow and Faith because of the end result of those figures, then that means that their Buffy collection has a Spike, Angel, Buffy, and maybe a Oz and Xander as core characters. They're still missing key Scooby Gang members. Also, they may skip on Oz because they don't want that original Willow, and skip on Xander because the head may be perceived to be too large.
Same might have killed the X-Files line because the main key character in that line Mulder, likeness was off (in addition to having a drag queen paint job).
I've also seen a large number of people criticize Sideshow's standard 1:6 head size to the point that the majority of 1:6 collectors always expect Sideshow to turn out a figure with an enormous noggin. It's become an assumption that every Sideshow figure will have a large noggin and that hurts all their lines.

That's ok. I happen to know for a fact that SS is going to even higher hieghts with the SEVENTH Star Wars line...
ROCKS, STICKS and other SUNDRY ACCESSORIES. :D
Can't wait to get that log that Yoda sat on when Luke went into the Temple on Dagobah! MAN! That's needed stuff!

OK.... :rotfl

Back