Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + Interview (X-Wing

Waaay off topic, but it isn't quite "ludicrous" that a less advanced, less armed group could take on an Empire and have success.

Yeah, I just think it's ridiculous when I see an Ewok hit a stormtrooper with a rock and the stormtrooper just falls over and drops his gun like he's not even wearing armor. "I'll pound on your armor with my furry fists!" "Uh, okay, that wouldn't hurt even if this armor was cheap plastic."

Maybe that legion was made up of leftover clones and there was a precipitous drop in IQ and physical fortitude in the later batches. If that was the Emperor's best, then it's no wonder the Empire bought it so fast. But I digress...

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + Interview (X-Wing

Yeah, I just think it's ridiculous when I see an Ewok hit a stormtrooper with a rock and the stormtrooper just falls over and drops his gun like he's not even wearing armor.

The Stormtroopers were pretty much that pathetic in all three movies. :) It's one of my gripes with the OT, that the troopers weren't more able (to put it politely).

Yeah, I just think it's ridiculous when I see an Ewok hit a stormtrooper with a rock and the stormtrooper just falls over and drops his gun like he's not even wearing armor. "I'll pound on your armor with my furry fists!" "Uh, okay, that wouldn't hurt even if this armor was cheap plastic."

Maybe that legion was made up of leftover clones and there was a precipitous drop in IQ and physical fortitude in the later batches. If that was the Emperor's best, then it's no wonder the Empire bought it so fast. But I digress...

The Stormtroopers were pretty much that pathetic in all three movies. :) It's one of my gripes with the OT, that the troopers weren't more able (to put it politely).

If you only watch STAR WARS and ESB then everything makes sense. The other 4 movies were simply non-canon spin-offs of the core two.

True enough. Like pixel said, they weren't particularly competent in any aspect of soldiering, other than looking bad@$$ in formation.

If you only watch STAR WARS and ESB then everything makes sense. The other 4 movies were simply non-canon spin-offs of the core two.

True, the stormies only got silly from ROTJ onwards.

I'd still take a HT figure of them though, after Anakin and Han of course!

Maybe the ineffectiveness of the Stormtroopers is George Lucas's not-so-subtle commentary about the flawed nature of fascistic empires. All bark, no bite, a paper tiger, if you will. Or maybe he's just weak on the little things, whatever floats your boat.

I was hoping for some info on HT at the SW collectibles panel but they did not have any presence, Not even SSC mentioned anything about them. I read in another post that someone with "in's" to the licensing said that HT's efforts had been redirected to a possible DX from the original trilogy due to Lucas/Disney.

Overall on the panel I got the impression both from he LFL representative and the companies themselves that they were being directed into Original Trilogy releases as well as focusing on the new Rebels show (the Twilek girl and the Inquisitor both hold promise if they were done as realistic sculpts instead of the stylized CG faces they have in the show) as well as some additional stuff from the Clone Wars series (that was mostly SSC that talked about this, the other companies such as Kotobukiya are working on ANH foursome of primary heros along with things like sandwich and hard boiled egg shapers).

In the Q&A section some people had good questions for SSC reps.. such as:
Q:"Any chance we can start seeing more Stormtroopers instead of all these clones?"
A: "Yes."

Q: "Are we ever going to get back to the bounty hunters?"
A: "Definitely"

So super positive but zero elaboration on this type of thing from SSC

Absolutely ZERO mention of Hot Toys unfortunately so not sure where they fall within the SW Collectibles things since this panel was officially moderated by the licensing rep.
SSC would no longer have any info in regards to HT SW any longer as they are no direct competitors.

Maybe the ineffectiveness of the Stormtroopers is George Lucas's not-so-subtle commentary about the flawed nature of fascistic empires. All bark, no bite, a paper tiger, if you will. Or maybe he's just weak on the little things, whatever floats your boat.

I just chalk it up to budgetary reasons and the primary focus being on the core characters. From the earliest scenes in Star Wars, the troopers (and rebels equally mind you) look silly running around the corridors of the Tantive IV and posturing to shoot every so often.

SSC would no longer have any info in regards to HT SW any longer as they are no direct competitors.

SSC distribute HT, when something's coming down the pipe, they'll know before anyone else.

SSC distribute HT, when something's doing down the pipe, they'll know before anyone else.
Yes but they won't be making announcements.

Yes but they won't be making announcements.

Right. They should never be commenting on anything unannounced anyway - just like always.

I just chalk it up to budgetary reasons and the primary focus being on the core characters. From the earliest scenes in Star Wars, the troopers (and rebels equally mind you) look silly running around the corridors of the Tantive IV and posturing to shoot every so often.

Good point. Or it could just boil down to that time-tested movie trope...Cannon Fodder! Nameless, faceless, generic, largely forgettable good guys and bad guys lining up to get shot.

I personally consider the prequels to be worse movies than the original trilogy ("worse" being a relative term). I won't say they're objectively bad movies because nostalgia bias (growing up with the originals) clouds my objectivity and I have watched a LOT of crap over the years that is well and truly BAD. One could easily say that any Star Wars, even poorly conceived Star Wars, is better than no Star Wars. But I'd rather watch the originals if given the choice. Watching the prequels is more like a MST3K/Rifftrax-type event for me.

I grew up with the Prequels. While the originals were always a visable part of pop-culture during my childhood, the first time I really sat down to watch all three was around the time Episode 1 came out when I was 9. Therefore I consider myself a control in this "nostalgia bias" debate.

And id like to proudly go on record saying that I think the prequels are insanely crappy. Its a shame because underneath all the bad stuff there is the basic framework for a good story there. But awkward dialogue, bad acting, overreliance on special effects, and no humanity turned them into something almost unwatchable. Even a great architectural design built with bad materials and poor craftsmanship is still a horrible building.

Hot toys will be making PT figs it says on the announcement eps 1-7

Oh that's right. :lol Sorry about that.

Red letter media spelled out why the PT sucked and made it a fact. If you like them, though, who cares? I like all sorts of terrible crap. I even kind of dug ROTS. But not enough to toss $300 at a toy. I'm pumped about this, HT Luke kills. I think Han and Leia excite me most just for HTs amazing portraits.

Sorry but subjective opinion can never be a fact. Prequel haters with their "facts", cute.

Personally I don't like "all sorts of crap". If you think it's crap why like it? :lol

I love PT and OT equally.

:hi5:

You like what you like. Don't let anyone tell you your wrong.

If you like TPM as much as ESB though your ****ing crazy.
:lol

:lol

On the subject of TPM. I would really like to see a figure of young Anakin with a pod-racer by Hot Toys.

Therefore I consider myself a control in this "nostalgia bias" debate.

I grew up watching both trilogies at almost the same time and I love both today as much as I did then. :)

I was in high school when Phantom Menace came out. I am absolutely nostalgic about it and there is nothing wrong with that. People are allowed to appreciate these films despite differing opinions. I love the original trilogy MUCH more than the prequels, but I still enjoy them despite their shortcomings.

I wonder if this time next year we'll still be waiting for the first sneak of Hot Toys next Star Wars figure.

These are children's movies, where the bad guys are ineffective and more often than not plain silly.
I've always hated the way the Stormtroopers, and the Empire in general, are incompetent, but in the end... they're just movies for kids.

awkward dialogue, bad acting, overreliance on special effects, and no humanity turned them into something almost unwatchable. Even a great architectural design built with bad materials and poor craftsmanship is still a horrible building.

Finally, official word. And I agree. That's it. Everyone please go home. Nothing more to say.

PT will now forever stand for Poo Trilogy.

I grew up watching both trilogies at almost the same time and I love both today as much as I did then. :)

That's impossible. Even for a computer.

Back