MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky dude!!! :) If my gf let me get the tree and raccoon boy along with han solo wannabe, I'd be happy. :gah:

:gah:.........
146_bender-fighting.gif

This is were the variety kills me because I can't afford everything I really want so I have to pick and choose. This just made things more difficult for me. Do I go with the classic armor or choose something like the 43? Because this is die-cast we know it's going to be in the $300 range.

Decisions decisions.

Mark III is the definitive armor, IMO, he can pretty much be the only Iron Man in your collection. I know I'm done buying HT IM figures once I get this guy in hand, minus promo editions.

So. ****ing. Happy.

Iron Man is such a keystone film for the MCU and this generation of superhero movies. The Mk III was just so awe inspiring to me back then. Even on a personal level, the first Iron Man brought me fully into the Marvel fold and influenced me to get an R8. Yes, automotive product placements work. I was surprised, too.

Even though the Mk VII and Silver Centurion are my favorites, seeing the Mk III again... It feels like an old friend. It feels right. So regardless of the price, I'm buying two.

I'd rather damage parts included with the figure

As would I. But since the diecast are already pretty expensive it may be away to keep individual sku costs lower but still be able to offer all the parts. Iron patriot, war machine 2, Mk 42 all cost about the same with the same amount of accesories and I'm sure hot toys is aware that the increase in cost is a topic of discussion and a reason some stayed away. If u add third or fourth arms and two chest plates, head Ect the price jumps 30-75 dollars. Instead they could make the parts and have them available seperatly, in an accessory pack, so if u don't care about them no problem. Or if u wouldn't spend 350-400 on one figure no problem. But if u do want it all it's available. I don't know that this is the case. But it makes sense given everything hot toys is currently doing.

As would I. But since the diecast are already pretty expensive it may be away to keep individual sku costs lower but still be able to offer all the parts. Iron patriot, war machine 2, Mk 42 all cost about the same with the same amount of accesories and I'm sure hot toys is aware that the increase in cost is a topic of discussion and a reason some stayed away. If u add third or fourth arms and two chest plates, head Ect the price jumps 30-75 dollars. Instead they could make the parts and have them available seperatly, in an accessory pack, so if u don't care about them no problem. Or if u wouldn't spend 350-400 on one figure no problem. But if u do want it all it's available. I don't know that this is the case. But it makes sense given everything hot toys is currently doing.

The XLII comes with quite a bit more for the price than Iron Patriot.

I'm getting that warm feeling I had when I first saw the BD Mark 3 way back in 2009, the week of my birthday, Arkham Asylum was about to come out...good times. Good work HT. Now just show Returns Bat and it'll be the best show ever.

Hope this is just the beginning of more great figure reveal at SDCC and anicom, what a crazy week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky dude!!! :) If my gf let me get the tree and raccoon boy along with han solo wannabe, I'd be happy. :gah:

Hahaha, yeah! She keeps bugging me to PO Rocket and Groot since last week!

I don't think the original Mk 3 is worthless now by any means. Nearly every toy line has updated versions of older releases and the original usually does not become worthless. Usually the opposite, even if the quality is improved dramatically. That's the nature of collectibles.

tell that to the original MMS90 Predator:(

Mark I 1.0 also drop down in value after the 2.0 came out. Same with DX02. If the new BR Joker's a regular release I'm sure I'd see people selling their old ones at a bargain.

A fellow collector messaged me on Fb, and he's obviously trying to make himself feel good about getting the old Mark III last month for almost $500. He told me re-issues doesn't always mean a devaluation of the old, giving the IM2 Mark 6 and Avengers Mark 6 as an example. Didn't want to be a pedant, but Avengers Mark 6 was so limited it didn't hurt the old release at all.

So is this a general release? No super limited release I hope. This is a day 1 preorder for me!!

It's a regular release, that will only have the exclusive bonus item when POd at SSC in the US or Secret Base in HK.

The XLII comes with quite a bit more for the price than Iron Patriot.

But nothing near what the mk7 has. This mk3 already seems to have half a dozen swappable parts. My point is that to do the Mk 3 diecast like the Mk 7 it would add probably a hundred bucks or more to cost. The diecast is already more expensive. Bump that cost up to 400 or more each figure and they loose a significant amount of buyers. But make the same amount of parts and release the additional in an accessory pack later and you lose none but may gain some.

Who wouldn't want five extra arms and three chest plates and four extra legs and ten sets of hands and five head sculpts all included for the same price. But that's just not commercially viable. But tool the main figure to accept those parts from jump and release them later to keep the individual sku costs down and both party's win(whoever wants the extras can get them, and hot toys can make money and stay in business and keep making product)

I wonder if Lipsmack is going to PO this. Wanted the Mk 3 reboot and hates Diecast :lol

:lol

I believe the HK price is $255 and all of the other IM die-cast armors have been about $310 or so. I'm expecting this one to be the same or a smidge higher in price.

$320 would be a great price, IMO as the previous diecasts were at $300-$310.

Yeah I do see why people don't like the colors, they gotta fix that man. Everything else looks great.

Let's hope so. It's just paint and an issue that's easy for HT to fix anyway.

The XLII managed to come with battle damaged pieces, I'd think they could manage it with this release too. I guess the swappable gauntlet stuff on this guy could be seen as equivalent by HT though.

Back