MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cuckoo:

Hell no, that figure is gorgeous.

Just bc this figure or some accessory pack comes with an ex from another release doesn't negate the prior figure entirely.

I get you're excited but that made zero sense. :lol

When I say worthless, I didn't mean literally $0. So ease up. I just meant that having the Unleashed MK 2, as well as this diecast, the need to get the original MK II is negated.

Perhaps I should have said "for me personally" or something like that.

Make enough sense?

I hope HT adds the ab articulation during production so this pose would be doable.

Iron-Man-in-his-iconic-Mark-III-armor-in-Iron-Man.-Photo-Credit-Jamie-Bivers.-2008-MVLFFLLC.-2008-Marvel-Entertainment.-All-rights-reserved-51-960x1423.jpg

Unlikely, given the removable armor on the abdominals. The undies are not like IP and Mark 42 as well, which allows more give for the legs. The latter concerns me too as it's possible the undies would still be rubber.

So glad I waited, much closer to the film look. Now I'll just wait for mk4 and 6 to rerelease and I'm all caught up!

Hahaha, yeah! She keeps bugging me to PO Rocket and Groot since last week!

Mark I 1.0 also drop down in value after the 2.0 came out. Same with DX02. If the new BR Joker's a regular release I'm sure I'd see people selling their old ones at a bargain.

A fellow collector messaged me on Fb, and he's obviously trying to make himself feel good about getting the old Mark III last month for almost $500. He told me re-issues doesn't always mean a devaluation of the old, giving the IM2 Mark 6 and Avengers Mark 6 as an example. Didn't want to be a pedant, but Avengers Mark 6 was so limited it didn't hurt the old release at all.

It's a regular release, that will only have the exclusive bonus item when POd at SSC in the US or Secret Base in HK.

I'm sure the cost of the Mk 3 original will flux due to this. Probably drop initially. But I was responding to a statement saying it was now worthless. It's not. If anyone has one and thinks that's the case feel free to give it to me.

The examples you quoted as price differences...any of them drop to free?

The Mk 3 is the first iconic red and gold iron man release from hot toys. It will always be collectible. It may not be as rare as the Mk vi avengers but it's still one of the rarest iron men figures. The Mk 3 bd didn't make the Mk 3 regular worthless. This new Mk 3 won't either. And the new is a complete change not an update. It's not even primarily made of the same materials. The collectibility of the original Mk 3 release will not evaporate because a new version five years later comes out. Yes it could and will effect the price, both negatively and potentially positively, but it won't make it worthless.

I am really excited to see this... I prefer the Mark VII suit (overall favourite) but the Mark III was such an iconic looking suit and comes from the best of the 3 Iron Man films (this one I still hold joint 1st in ranking the Marvel films tied with Winter Solider both narrowly pipping Avengers to the title which is also an amazing film)

I joined this game way way way too late to consider the Mark III nor any of the other suits so this is an exciting if yet wallet destroying turn of events.

Glad we're getting this, now wheres the rest?

Do I dare ask which rest you are talking about?

Mark III is the definitive armor, IMO, he can pretty much be the only Iron Man in your collection. I know I'm done buying HT IM figures once I get this guy in hand, minus promo editions.

This will be joining Silver Centurion and Python in my collection so I will have one figure in different colour schemes that I like. I would love to say with certainty that this will be my 3rd and final Iron Man but I can bet I will pre-order the Age of Ultron one (plus when typing 3rd I miss typed 43rd - not a good sign)

The XLII managed to come with battle damaged pieces, I'd think they could manage it with this release too. I guess the swappable gauntlet stuff on this guy could be seen as equivalent by HT though.

I would love swapable damage, doesnt need to be too made just skuffed and dirty face and chest plate would be good.

I'm sure the cost of the Mk 3 original will flux due to this. Probably drop initially. But I was responding to a statement saying it was now worthless. It's not. If anyone has one and thinks that's the case feel free to give it to me.

The examples you quoted as price differences...any of them drop to free?

The Mk 3 is the first iconic red and gold iron man release from hot toys. It will always be collectible. It may not be as rare as the Mk vi avengers but it's still one of the rarest iron men figures. The Mk 3 bd didn't make the Mk 3 regular worthless. This new Mk 3 won't either. And the new is a complete change not an update. It's not even primarily made of the same materials. The collectibility of the original Mk 3 release will not evaporate because a new version five years later comes out. Yes it could and will effect the price, both negatively and potentially positively, but it won't make it worthless.

I think the problem is you took the word "worthless" literally. Some of our fellow boardies love to add color and keep the boards lively through exaggeration. A few more months maybe and you'd be used to it. And quite possibly you have the original Mark III, perhaps bought it at an aftermarket price, which made it a serious matter for you easy.

Thrilled for this, but damn it we needed a BD chest plate for the Hall of Armor. BD would have been great with Iron Monger as well. Not complaining, glad they finally made good on it. :yess:

After seeing that they didn't include BD parts while they could have added them just like with Mark 42, I think a Die Cast BD Mark III 2.0 is possible. HT knows how many collectors new and old are raving for Mark IIIs.

Shoulder rocket and flares are now attach on accessories. Pretty cool. Now I can have a MKIII that fits in with the other IMs I have.

Unlikely, given the removable armor on the abdominals. The undies are not like IP and Mark 42 as well, which allows more give for the legs. The latter concerns me too as it's possible the undies would still be rubber.

I stand corrected. I missed that detail on this photo, and the undies are articulated!

We need to update the thread with more photos! :)

1908038_10203429939842106_5066333822959767249_n.jpg

Ok fellow freaks I need some advice. I am finally getting into the Marvel line. and getting an Avengers setup. I have the Cap 2 pack on order as well as the armored Thor fro, TDW. Should i go with this Iron Man, or wait for the inevitable Avengers AOU release? I am not overly picky about which armor I get, I just want one to represent the character. I(hopefully) will not be double dipping.

After seeing that they didn't include BD parts while they could have added them just like with Mark 42, I think a Die Cast BD Mark III 2.0 is possible. HT knows how many collectors new and old are raving for Mark IIIs.

Dont say that! Ah well Im never likey to own any version of a Hall of Armour so I dont need the BD... Unless I make my own (ideas :wink1:)

CTO15 said:
When I say worthless, I didn't mean literally $0. So ease up.

Well worthless usually means a value of zero, hence the confusion. I'm easin'. :)

CTO15 said:
I just meant that having the Unleashed MK 2, as well as this diecast, the need to get the original MK II is negated.

Agree to disagree.

CTO15 said:
Perhaps I should have said "for me personally" or something like that.

:exactly:

Ok fellow freaks I need some advice. I am finally getting into the Marvel line. and getting an Avengers setup. I have the Cap 2 pack on order as well as the armored Thor fro, TDW. Should i go with this Iron Man, or wait for the inevitable Avengers AOU release? I am not overly picky about which armor I get, I just want one to represent the character. I(hopefully) will not be double dipping.
Simple answer: Which do you personally like better - the Mk III or the Mk 43? :)

Ive already double dipped with Iron Man so this will be number 3, I am like you considering ignoring AoU and putting together my own with probably the Mark 33 from IM3, Cap and BW from Winter Soldier (getting the same 2 pack as you), Thor from TDW, Bruce Banner from Avengers and finally Hawkeye from AoU. The problem is I know now I will most likely then get Cap and Iron Man from the sequel too!

If you were to just get the one then you wouldn't go too wrong with the Mark III, Id go for the one you like the look of the most, good luck ;)

Simple answer: Which do you personally like better - the Mk III or the Mk 43? :)

The Mark 43 is the closest we will probably get to the Heartbreaker armor. The Mark 3 is classic. Honestly, the Mark 6 is probably my favorite. And I know they will eventually get that one done in diecast too.

Back