1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Workshop Accessories Collectible Set (Specs + Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here, well Patriot anyway I prefer the original WM armour

Well i like the newer WM over IP just because it shares the colours. IP is a great rebranding of the armour, but i would love to own both.
And on that subject, i received an IP light up base from a member here today, and was amazed that the footplate arms move... I am sure it's old news, but i always thought they were moulded in place, lol.

I am skint right now otherwise i would be all over WM and IP.
But it's the MK42 i don't really care for, lol.

Its just not warmachine...

WM is supposed to be a bigger more heavily armed suit hence the name...

MK2/IP are way too slim and are not really even armed... the one shoulder gun does nothing in the movie, and Iron Patriot was whole different beast in the comics, it was alright for the movie but definitely got too much attention

MK2/IP are way too slim and are not really even armed... the one shoulder gun does nothing in the movie, and Iron Patriot was whole different beast in the comics, it was alright for the movie but definitely got too much attention

cfxcdw4.gif

I'm not so sure what you said is entirerly accurate.

My personal view of WM MK2/IP is that if we take the original WM. That is built on the MKII armour made by Tony. Even though Tony is essentially already building the MKVI before the MKII is taken by Rhodey and customised by the Air Force, the MKII is still quite a lethal machine in it's own right. The air force need *moar* weapons, so they piggyback stuff on, and of course, WM looks amazing(Even now, it's an incredible design, i certainly love mine, especially with the new white eyes, lol).
But. It was just guns and armour piggybacked onto a Ferrari so that it was still numble but packed a punch.
Now WM MKII. It was DESIGNED by Tony from the ground up. It's what WM *would have been* had Tony been asked to make it in the first place. And rather than look like a Ferrari with armour and guns on it, it looks like a Ferrari, and functions as such. It even has all the new bells and whistles of being able to open and be attached in multiple ways like the MKVII and MK42. Not like the original MKII.
I love the original WM. But the new WM is how Tony does it.
And of course, as Rhodey got the WM MKII, Tony got the MKII back and removed all the armour the Air Force added on.

My personal view of WM MK2/IP is that if we take the original WM. That is built on the MKII armour made by Tony. Even though Tony is essentially already building the MKVI before the MKII is taken by Rhodey and customised by the Air Force, the MKII is still quite a lethal machine in it's own right. The air force need *moar* weapons, so they piggyback stuff on, and of course, WM looks amazing(Even now, it's an incredible design, i certainly love mine, especially with the new white eyes, lol).
But. It was just guns and armour piggybacked onto a Ferrari so that it was still numble but packed a punch.
Now WM MKII. It was DESIGNED by Tony from the ground up. It's what WM *would have been* had Tony been asked to make it in the first place. And rather than look like a Ferrari with armour and guns on it, it looks like a Ferrari, and functions as such. It even has all the new bells and whistles of being able to open and be attached in multiple ways like the MKVII and MK42. Not like the original MKII.
And of course, as Rhodey got the WM MKII, Tony got the MKII back and removed all the armour the Air Force added on.

That's one possibility, but at the end of the day that's all it is: "a possibility".

If you're going to try to come up with the reason for the design I suggest you look into Edition#44 that I came across. The comic goes into great detail and illustrates the design and role of Tony Starks Iron Man suits. The whole comic is worth reading, it is down to the point on almost every issue that has been dicussed in the last 10 or 15 posts.

Just as a friendly suggestion, you probably should attach some photos to support your argument.

I dont even know... obviously you dont read iron man comics... so maybe start there

In the MCU sure, you make a point, however im a die hard comic book fan and do not accept the MCU's take even on tony (a longer different and futile discussion) add to that the mess that is shane black and Iron man 3 im just choosing to forget it even happened, its terrible, and even marvel realized what a mess he made when they rectified it in "all hail the king" ...

the entire point of Warmachine originally was heavily armed, had more guns, missiles etc... IM 2 got it right and any Iron man reader will agree

That's one possibility, but at the end of the day that's all it is: "a possibility".

If you're going to try to come up with the reason for the design I suggest you look into Edition#44 that I came across. The comic goes into great detail and illustrates the design and role of Tony Starks Iron Man suits. The whole comic is worth reading, it is down to the point on almost every issue that has been dicussed in the last 10 or 15 posts.

Is that all it's called: "Edition#44"?
The above was just my own supposition based on the available data in the prequel comic and the movies.

Is that all it's called: "Edition#44"?
The above was just my own supposition based on the available data in the prequel comic and the movies.

No. Edition 44 is called "The Invicible Iron Man: The Night Phantom Lives!"

Couldn't remember the name, just the edition number.

I dont even know... obviously you dont read iron man comics... so maybe start there

Obviously you haven't read Iron Man Vol 1 #44 (or maybe it just went over your head). Try giving it a read over the next week (hopefully that's long enough for you to get through the whole thing) and then we can talk the design of the suit if you want.

Back