Media The Silent Hill series discussion thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love them to do a SH: The Room director's cut. Of course, the rumor was that it started out as a new IP, and changed into a SH title. I'd love a version that has new levels to explore, outside the APT.

This thread has inspired me to finally give downpour a shot. I love the first 3 games but haven't really followed the series in the past couple of years.

So is anyone a fan of the first movie? Personally I think its pretty good. Defiantly the best adaptation of a video games to a film. I haven't watched the second film yet though.

I am replaying Downpour now, and gotta admit that the monster designs range from 'uninspired' to 'goofy as hell' so don't expect cool creatures, sadly. first movie was ok; I enjoyed the 2nd - its by no means a great film, but it was entertaining

This thread has inspired me to finally give downpour a shot. I love the first 3 games but haven't really followed the series in the past couple of years.

So is anyone a fan of the first movie? Personally I think its pretty good. Defiantly the best adaptation of a video games to a film. I haven't watched the second film yet though.

Same here. I'm gonna beat Homecoming first and buy Downpour soon. I know all Silent Hill games post SH3 can't never live up but I've never regretted playing them. Origins was great, and so was Shattered Memories. The only reason I never beat Homecoming was because it was riddled with bugs.

You should give Origins and Shattered Memories a try, definitely worth your time and cash.

Same here. I'm gonna beat Homecoming first and buy Downpour soon. I know all Silent Hill games post SH3 can't never live up but I've never regretted playing them. Origins was great, and so was Shattered Memories. The only reason I never beat Homecoming was because it was riddled with bugs.

You should give Origins and Shattered Memories a try, definitely worth your time and cash.
I might. I actually do still have an old Ps2 that my daughters use for a DVD player in there room. I have such a huge backlog of games I need to play though. I found downpour at Walmart for $15 so that's defiantly next on the list. Homecoming is the other SH game that came out on 360 and Ps3 correct? I don't know why I never played that one since that was when I still had plenty of free time to devote to games.

I might. I actually do still have an old Ps2 that my daughters use for a DVD player in there room. I have such a huge backlog of games I need to play though. I found downpour at Walmart for $15 so that's defiantly next on the list. Homecoming is the other SH game that came out on 360 and Ps3 correct? I don't know why I never played that one since that was when I still had plenty of free time to devote to games.

Yes, Origins/Shattered Memories were ported to the PS2 although the preferred console when playing Shattered Memories is the Wii due to the motion controls but no matter.

Both games were also on the PSP.

Homecoming is on PS3, 360 and PC although to my knowledge the PC version suffers from bugs. Heck, the PS3 version I'm playing is riddled with bugs as well, hope you fare better!

The first movie is great. The second is a rushed mess.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

For the games I am unfamiliar with numbers 5, 10 and 11.
For the record I was NOT a fan of shattered memories. Numbers 2, 3 and Origins are probably my fav.

Anybody played Silent Hill 1 recently? While I do boot it up few times a year, I haven't really done a full playtrough for nearly a decade.

I was thinking of doing a series run with SH1 on Vita, SH2, 3, 4 on PC, Homecoming on PS3, Origins and Shattered Memories on PS2 and finally I'll buy Downpour. Might be fun to do play the whole series in order again.

Woman sets Guinness World Record for largest Silent Hill collection

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...rld-record-for-largest-silent-hill-collection

jpg

Wait a sec.. I know this chick! We used to text! :lol

Back