Media What would be your 'ultimate game' no one has done or tried?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to play a game that actually takes weather conditions and seasons into consideration depending on the timezone and weather info. So if its raining outside that day, it should be raining in the game. If its autumn, the plants ingame should show it.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

A RTS/3rd person game based during the middle ages. kind of like Rome Total War except you can take control of a single person/hero/commander and fight on the frontlines if they are losing, if you want or you can drag and click the whole group the traditional way.
Its cool controlling entire armies but isnt there a lil part of you that wants to be the archer on the wall or the knight on the horse leading his men into 10,000 infantry soldiers.

First off: Green Lantern. I feel like the coming generation would be most capable to make the game, but, with tech like the Oculus Rift/Project Morpheus slowly, but steadily catching on, devices like the XBOX ONE KINECT making motion sensor technology more available to the public, and, frankly, graphical capabilities being almost photorealistic in these most recent generations, I think it'd be awesome if they gave you the power of the ring. Think of it like the Ghostbusters game. Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, Guy Gardner; the gang's all here, as well as their extraterrestrial friends like Kilowog and Tomar Re, but you are the new recruit. I think it'd be awesome if you had an entire team of developers devoted solely to constructs, and basically making as many options available as they can think of. Imagine the thousands of different possibilities, only limited by your imagination. For example: you're taking part in a first-person space battle, you're wearing a(n) Oculus Rift or Project Morpheus head set, you turn your head to the right, and all you see are Green and Yellow Lanterns tussling, surrounded by a sea of twinkling stars, you turn your head straight forward, and, suddenly, you've got a member of the Sinestro Corps. charging at you. In less than 10 seconds, you pull your fist back, as though to throw a punch, say "boxing glove" into your mic, and thrust your fist forward, completing the punch, and, on your screen, your rendered ring hand throws a punch, and it's perfectly synchronized with the ring, as the second your fist's punch is thrown, a giant green boxing glove projects out of the ring, knocking the enemy hundreds of feet away, at the same time your fist comes forward. In addition, you'd have the ability to fly throughout the entirety of Oa; exploring catacombs and the central power battery; flying between the various buildings, etc., and it would all be powered by VR, making the experience as immersive as ever.

Next up: Superman. I think that, when it comes to making a damn good Superman game, a lot of the boundaries that made it nigh impossible were technological, but I think that's only part of the equation. Do you want to see the Man of Steel zooming through beautifully rendered next-gen clouds on your screen, while his hair blows back, as the wind rushes past him? Yes. At the same time, though, I think the key to keeping things interesting is to use the right amount of finesse, when tackling the various situations he would find himself in. With that in mind, I think it'd be best if the first game were something of an origin story. Not so much that you're starting out on Kent Farm, you are Superman the moment you start playing, and it all takes place in Metropolis, but I mean an origin story, in that you're just starting out; your powers aren't fully developed yet, so, you're, basically Golden Age Superman/Grant Morrison's Action Comics Superman (that one's for you, Gaspar:lol). You can only "leap tall buildings in a single bound," and a well placed RPG will knock you on your ass. Bullets will bounce off of you, but you might get bruised if you get hit with a ton of them; point is: you can be hurt when you start out.

This is where I think it could benefit from having an upgrade system straight from the Arkham games, but with a twist. At the end of the day, Superman's powers are biological, not technological, so, I think a unique aspect of the game would be if you experienced this phenomena the same way Clark did. You know all of the moves at the start of the game, and you can check out what different powers Clark has, but that doesn't mean that they're always available. As the game progresses, you'll unlock new abilities, but you won't have the ability to choose them, and you won't know they're there until you try. There will be momentary periods of downtime/free roam in Metropolis, so, periodically, you'll have points where you don't need to worry about enemies where you can experiment and see what moves are available/master your newfound powers.

For example: flying. Let's say that you're assigned a specific button to "leap tall buildings," if you pull back on the left analogue stick at the beginning of the game, nothing will happen, but, if you pull back on it about 40% of the way through, you might just wind up flying through the clouds that I mentioned earlier. With that in mind, I think people shouldn't have to do that, if they don't want to, so, on easier difficulties, you could have the freedom to choose/moves taught to you, but I thought it would add a cool level of immersion, for people who did want to try. With that in mind, as you got more powerful, so, too, would the threats you'd face. Start out going up against Mobsters, then Soldiers, then, by game's end, you've got to put a stop to to full-blown Supervillains like Metallo and Parasite.

I'd intend for it to be a trilogy, but, while I don't have all of the specifics of it worked out, there are several things I'd want to see. For starters, an all-out battle between the likes of Superman and Bizarro, a series of "mind****" missions a lá the Scarecrow/Mad Hatter in the Arkham Games, only, instead of it taking place in your head, it's literally the work of Mxyzptlk warping reality to his every whim, a no-holds barred, fight to the death boss battle between Superman and Doomsday, where you'd use every bit of expertise you had with the game's controls/your abilities to try and stop him (spoiler alert: you wouldn't), and basically end the second game with the Death of Superman, with battles such as those in mind, you'd also need a fully rendered and completely destructible Metropolis for the game to take place in, complete with environmental combo moves/takedowns, and so forth, and, finally, the last game in the series being an Arkham Asylum-esque title that finds the Man of Steel seemingly resurrected on Apokolips, as Darkseid is trying to turn him into the ultimate weapon. On top of being drained from his battle with Doomsday, you'd also have the lack of a yellow sun on Apokolips to contend with, and it's a race against time as Superman uses stealth and his wits, as well as some severely handicapped abilities to make his way off of that planet. The game would take you on a journey through the depths of Apokolips and the beautiful, exotic skies of New Genesis, and, ultimately, back to Earth, where Superman's greatest battle against Darkseid would take place. Potentially, though, the battle against Darkseid might not happen, if you used it as set-up for a Justice League game.

So, yeah, there's two; I'm sure I've got more floating around up here somewhere.:lol

Back