What do you want from this new Generation of gaming?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
What i want is the quality of last gen single focus games inpmlemented into larger games.

By that i mean i want to play GTA VI and have the cars smash up with the level of detail of Burnout Paradise.

I want games that have parts so good they used to be only achievable in games solely about that part.

Like In GTA V with the Tennis and Golf Minigames. They imo are as good and well made as solo Golf and Tennis games and the hunting in Far Cry 3 which is just as good as a solo hunting game but it's just one part of a larger game.

Thats the kind of thing i mean, just on a scale of every part of the gameplay from driving to shooting to platforming to Traversal, everything would be as good and detailed as games about just one of those parts from yesteryear.

___

I'd love an open world verticalised game.

A game with the style of layout of Coruscant or Blade Runner. The slums deep down and the cityscape higherup in the scyscrapers.

Imagine climbing into a hovercar and flying up to dock at one of a number of buildings to climb out and explore that skyscraper and take on missions.

Imagine being able to seamlesly get into and pilot a dropship on the planet and fly into low orbit to dock with a space station which is as large and detailed as the one in Dead Space 2.

I've never really think about what I want to see in games, but if anything I sure would love it if the next gen console games would run natively at 1080p with 60fps.

All those things would be nice OP I agree but what you want just isnt gonna happen this gen or next gen or the generation after that. Our hardware and software just isnt that advanced yet,it would take a great deal more processing power to include all of that and make it look nice and have no performance issues. Not to mention the $$$ and time that would be needed to complete something like that. But it is nice to dream isnt it?

That said Id like more 1080P games running 60fps smoothly this gen. Id like games to have more length,more well known actors and directors, and more mainstream music in action/adventure games. I could think of more but Im getting sleepy.

Well one massive thing that has bugged me being a lover of open world games like oblivion , sky rim and GTA series.
Is the characters do not vary enough especially in the GTA games I would like every person different.

Little things bug me a lot like good bullet damage and environment damage staying there and not disspearing.

And that texture rendering thing like when it takes time for the details to load in the game , comes to mind gears of war and mass effect also oblivion castles and rocks used to just appear in front of you.
Also good in distance details too.
And the big making thing frame rate issues sorted out image tear ruins games for me to the point were it is all I look at and never play the game again all the assassins creed games have it , mass effect has it but only in well lit areas and not that bad.
If games like GTA don't have it and no call of duty game has it then why do others.

Well one massive thing that has bugged me being a lover of open world games like oblivion , sky rim and GTA series.
Is the characters do not vary enough especially in the GTA games I would like every person different.

Little things bug me a lot like good bullet damage and environment damage staying there and not disspearing.

And that texture rendering thing like when it takes time for the details to load in the game
, comes to mind gears of war and mass effect also oblivion castles and rocks used to just appear in front of you.
Also good in distance details too.
And the big making thing frame rate issues sorted out image tear ruins games for me to the point were it is all I look at and never play the game again all the assassins creed games have it , mass effect has it but only in well lit areas and not that bad.
If games like GTA don't have it and no call of duty game has it then why do others.

Those things popped out at me ehile playing Killzone Shadow Fall. Somethings like specific dead bodies stayed, i zoomed in with a sniper off to the distance and the rocks and terrain had the same detail as those right in front of my character

It's funny how people expect a full library of games for the new gen, it only just came out.

Deus Ex in a GTA V sized open world map. A decent Doctor Who game. Maybe a Mass Effect spin-off, focussing on a different species. Assassin's Creed in 19th century London, WWII Germany and something between the 5th and 10th century, maybe Roman Empire era.

Add one thing missing from Assassin's Creed: More interesting boss battles. Killing major players in the story has always been pretty bland.

Haven't played 4 yet but I know that's one thing I've always disliked about the series.

It's funny how people expect a full library of games for the new gen, it only just came out.

Deus Ex in a GTA V sized open world map. A decent Doctor Who game. Maybe a Mass Effect spin-off, focussing on a different species. Assassin's Creed in 19th century London, WWII Germany and something between the 5th and 10th century, maybe Roman Empire era.

Mass effect is starting a new series on next Gen consoles.

Back