Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry man, I don't think Clipper's ever coming back to SF. He said in his review he just started his own one-sixth forum.

It was in regards to him saying he was gonna change his name and stop cussing so much since people were complaining. He pretty much came back full force in this vid:lol His forum idea kinda sounds intriguing tho,no holds barred 1/6 forum,sure!

LOL the first 3.5 minutes of clippers review. Gets his digs in... I like his reviews, don't always agree with his scoring but WTF, entertaining nonetheless.

LOL the first 3.5 minutes of clippers review. Gets his digs in... I like his reviews, don't always agree with his scoring but WTF, entertaining nonetheless.

He doesnt stop there,a few more digs throughout the video but Id be pissy too if I were kicked out of two forums simultaneously.:lol But Im with you I dont always agree with his scoring but he is very entertaining imo and his reviews are very thorough,probably my favorite reviewer at this point.

that one is particularly uglytsanged in mouth area. so stupid and lame.
everyone who thinks it looks like a movie character is just ignorant )

are-you-crying-gif.gif

What I like about Clipper's reviews is he completely goes against the stereotype of the toy collector, which a lot of other youtube reviewers.....errrr, don't.

That said, he probably went a little too far in that review :lol

What I like about Clipper's reviews is he completely goes against the stereotype of the toy collector, which a lot of other youtube reviewers.....errrr, don't.

I like his reviews but Roscoe0583 reviews are more straight to the point.

Anyone know what the deal is with him being banned from this site? Wasnt aware he was.....just thought he simply never posted. Bummer.

I'm interested in this as well. Did something occur in a particular thread? Or is this some sort of response to his reviews?

To be honest, I'd never watched one of his reviews until Denny Kim went ballistic about him. I sought out his Facebook page expecting to see something truly horrible. What I got was a thoroughly entertaining (albeit extremely long-winded) review. :lol I actually found his style to be fair, if unrefined. Since then, I've watched three of them. They're fun to have on in the background at work.

He doesnt stop there,a few more digs throughout the video but Id be pissy too if I were kicked out of two forums simultaneously.:lol But Im with you I dont always agree with his scoring but he is very entertaining imo and his reviews are very thorough,probably my favorite reviewer at this point.

Not just kicked off but kicked off for simply defending yourself while others get to beak off with no issues...

And he isnt starting a forum but a facebook group similar to OSR minus the North korea vibe :lol

The more perspectives you can get on a figure, the better. Clipper's unapologetic style is no exception. It was particularly interesting with The Crow, because while nearly everyone else who reviewed it worshiped the character, Clipper came into it as a non-fan and gave his usual blunt take on it. Which I quite liked, despite being a fan of the movie myself.

I agree, his reviews are not always my first choice, but I usually watch them when I'm really on the fence about a figure. Clippers videos are definitely very long and scattered, but beneath his rambling you often get a more personal take on the figure.

I will say this though, when I first started watching his reviews I got the impression that he was a little flighty and didn't receive criticism well. That's cool as a person, but I remember thinking to myself that this guy would not deal well in the collector forums. Just saying none of this surprises me very much, and I don't necessarily think Dave was wrong to ban him even if he didn't actually do anything wrong on this forum. Either way I hope Clipper keeps moving forward with his video, they really are one of a kind.

Anyone know what the deal is with him being banned from this site? Wasnt aware he was.....just thought he simply never posted. Bummer.

I'm interested in this as well. Did something occur in a particular thread? Or is this some sort of response to his reviews?

To be honest, I'd never watched one of his reviews until Denny Kim went ballistic about him. I sought out his Facebook page expecting to see something truly horrible. What I got was a thoroughly entertaining (albeit extremely long-winded) review. :lol I actually found his style to be fair, if unrefined. Since then, I've watched three of them. They're fun to have on in the background at work.

Clipper was apparently banned for two weeks after he got into it with some Freaks who are also fans/owners of the Iminime the Good, the Bad and the Ugly custom figures.

He recently reviewed the figures in one of his videos and while he praised the headsculpts, he didn't have a lot of love for the bodies and the minimalist packaging, ultimately giving the three-figure set a 19/35 score.

This obviously upset those who own/love the figures and there were a lot of cross words. Clipper defended his score, while his critics said he didn't know what he was talking about. Denny Kim of Iminime was even involved in the fracas.

Back