Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. Since I started collecting HT's (around when Berserker was released) this has to be the best Predator to date.

The most recent is most often considered the best but considering the rest of the HT Predator stuff out there, at least which I've owned, yeah it probably is.

First thing I'm going when this figure arrives is putting another leather strap around his left elbow. This figures left elbow is just as bad as the city hunter release. Other than that looks amazing. Thanks for the pics fellas.

Is it hard or even possible to get him in the pose where he's holding the sword and grabbing his necklace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

url-20.gif

The pose with him holding the flintlock pistol out for Harrigan is probably my favorite.
I think I'll steal that for my display.

yeah i really wanted the necklace pose.. but I almost broke his arm trying.. and i tried for a while.. its weird how the old one.did it easily.. no it has to stay down
It's not that weird. This newer Predator body sacrifices function for form, so to speak. The old body (at least on the first version of this guy) has double hinged elbows. Somebody at Hot Toys didn't like the way that looked, and these elbows aren't double hinged.

Hey can everybody who has this confirm what Clipper King found on his: he can't look up and down?

yeah man, he DEF cant... i tried.. only left and right.. hence why i gave him a 9/10... i tried soo hard.. feels like the head will snap off

It's not that weird. This newer Predator body sacrifices function for form, so to speak. The old body (at least on the first version of this guy) has double hinged elbows. Somebody at Hot Toys didn't like the way that looked, and these elbows aren't double hinged.

i wonder if swapping arms would work??.. change the armour as well..use version 1.0 arm with this new strap and wrist computer.. what u think?. least i could get the necklace pose.. although arm might look skinny

i wonder if swapping arms would work??.. change the armour as well..use version 1.0 arm with this new strap and wrist computer.. what u think?. least i could get the necklace pose.. although arm might look skinny

I've done mods with my figures bodies in the past. It's really a pain in the butt, and I doubt they would be very compatible with each other both aesthetically and functionally, plus acquiring a HT elder 1.0 body would be hard and expensive.

If you NEED to have that pose. Just wait and see if the HT elder 1.0 drops in price and pick one up. I am skeptical of the price dropping significantly though because the figure has such a history of being a grail piece.

I've done mods with my figures bodies in the past. It's really a pain in the butt, and I doubt they would be very compatible with each other both aesthetically and functionally, plus acquiring a HT elder 1.0 body would be hard and expensive.

If you NEED to have that pose. Just wait and see if the HT elder 1.0 drops in price and pick one up. I am skeptical of the price dropping significantly though because the figure has such a history of being a grail piece.

yeah i actually already have version 1.0 as well.. but like you said im afraid of aesthetic look.. might look weird with a different size/colour arm..

yeah i will never sell my version 1.0.. although now he is posed alone.. no predators around him

Here are 2 pics from the head and neck for separate.

I'm trying to understand why it doesn't move up and down. Kind of glued?

First pic (Elder's head)
Third pic (Ancient's head)
Fourth pic (Classic's head)
All heads seems to have the same design. Can't remember if those predators (ancient and classic) can move the head up and down.

head elder.jpg

neck post elder.jpg

head ancient pred.jpg

head classic.jpg

Here are 2 pics from the head and neck for separate.

I'm trying to understand why it doesn't move up and down. Kind of glued?

First pic (Elder's head)
Third pic (Ancient's head)
Fourth pic (Classic's head)
All heads seems to have the same design. Can't remember if those predators (ancient and classic) can move the head up and down.

View attachment 128227

View attachment 128228

View attachment 128229

View attachment 128230

So NOW im confused,,, does this head move up and down and also come off.. am i just not pushing hard enough.. do i have to break the head lol... whats the go.. i tried and it felt very firm.....???????????????????????????????

So NOW im confused,,, does this head move up and down and also come off.. am i just not pushing hard enough.. do i have to break the head lol... whats the go.. i tried and it felt very firm.....???????????????????????????????

For what I watch at clipper's review, he said in the instructions manual stated that the head wont come off, so you don't try to take it off. Maybe it's glued and this ebay seller just unglued it?? I don't know lol..

It looks like the head and neck are fused together, but it can all come off at the base of the neck, where it attaches to the torso. I don't know what kind of articulation you can get just at the neck or if it would even look natural.

Back