Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received exclusive #301 yesterday and I'm absolutely blown away by this piece! I also own the original 1:1 and I can assure those of you that have never seen it that it appears as though sideshow put their best foot forward when trying to pull off the same detailed paint app. This 1:2 scale really is an extraordinary piece and you will have no regrets!

Oh by the way, as far as the name plate cushy pads are concerned. Here's the fix people: Just move the center pad (peel and reapply) from the bottom front to the bottom back because that's where all the weight is. Duh! I was a bit surprised when I saw that people were going on and on about it. Come on people. Ha!

But anyway, this piece is incredible! With the exception of the bait-and-switch teeth paint app (Sideshow YOU SUCK!) which could have been corrected with a chrome paint applied in house, I'm in love with this piece! I have a MASSIVE collection of Alien memorabilia and I and happy to throw this in with my collection!!!

NOW GIVE ME MY DOG ALIEN LSB!!!!!

I'm giving it 4 out of 5 facehuggers simply because they lied to us about the chrome teeth.

I just thoroughly inspected the paint job after reading some of these posts and I can safely say that there are no flaws in the sculpt or paint, besides maybe a bit blotchy in areas. Besides the teeth paint (which still look better than palisades) and tendons, it really is a great piece.

20140821_193932_zps9e03b174.jpeg

20140822_083459_zps9154b355.jpeg

Just got mine today. He shall sit proudly next to my P1 LSB. Wasn't able to get the exclusive but for a regular version I got the lowest number on any collectible I think I own, 20/1750. So thats pretty cool! :yess:

Trying to figure out how to best display this so that it's not overly lit up. This one's a piece for a low-light/dark display of some sort, if there ever was one.
Plus that way it'll alleviate any flaws, should mine have them... :dunno

Yeah, I'm thinking SS should show pics of their pieces in natural lighting. The low light ones on their sight sold me on this bust.

Does anyone else have what looks like a dent on the left side of the forehead area above the mouth as you face the mouth (just in front of the large indented area where the head tube enters the skull)? The right side area of the forehead does not have this "dent". It looks like I've seen this in some of the photos posted here. I just want to know if I have the one that was dropped at the factory.

Does anyone else have what looks like a dent on the left side of the forehead area above the mouth as you face the mouth (just in front of the large indented area where the head tube enters the skull)? The right side area of the forehead does not have this "dent". It looks like I've seen this in some of the photos posted here. I just want to know if I have the one that was dropped at the factory.

Not quite sure what where you mean, but if you mean where the eye sockets would be on the big chap, this is intentional. They filled the eyes in on the warrior and removed the dome but a very slight indentation remains. SS replicated this quite well.

Exclusive number 102 here. After having it in-hand and inspecting every inch of it, I have absolutely no regrets about this purchase. I think the paint looks great in person. It looks black, gray and brown to me. I don't see any blue... And that's looking at it under a photographers lamp. And I'm not sure what the weight complaints are about. The way people were talking, I thought I'd be able to wave it around my head with one hand. :lol

My only real nit is the teeth, and even those aren't as bad as I was expecting. I'll still be buying some chrome paint to retouch them. I actually think the tongue itself is a little on the dull side too. I might take some gloss to it.

Photos to come tomorrow.

I opened mine today and I love it! This is my first LSB but I love the size and can't wait to pair this with the masked predator. Only issues I found on mine was a small hairline scratch about an 1/8 of an inch, what looks like a small finger dent under the back of the dome, and one brush bristle painted over that you can only find it you're looking for it. Nothing to stress over.

IMAG0546.jpgIMAG0541.jpgIMAG0542.jpgIMAG0544.jpg these pics are really bad I apologize. But figured I would just post up a few. Included one of the darkness bust for size reference. And a few of it under different lighting in my entertainment display. Then just a pic of the display as a whole for now. Mind you this is not all my collectibles but instead just a few pieces I enjoy looking at hahaha

Attachments

• IMAG0553.jpg
    IMAG0553.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 282
  • IMAG0567.jpg
    IMAG0567.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMAG0555.jpg
    IMAG0555.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 283
  • IMAG0557.jpg
    IMAG0557.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 284
View attachment 129118View attachment 129119View attachment 129124View attachment 129125 these pics are really bad I apologize. But figured I would just post up a few. Included one of the darkness bust for size reference. And a few of it under different lighting in my entertainment display. Then just a pic of the display as a whole for now. Mind you this is not all my collectibles but instead just a few pieces I enjoy looking at hahaha

Nice bud! Glad you like ;)
What's in the exo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The exo holds one of my crowning jewels hahaha. Its a female 10 inch plus poecilotheria regalis.. aka.. greased lightning.. aka queen of anaphalactic shock.. aka a massive tarantula hahaha. Shes one of 13 tarantulas i own but because of her ability to basically teleport and the potency of her bite. I like to keep her in view and behind as many doors as i can hahaha. Needless to say my dumbass has handled her before with no incident.

And I'm not sure what the weight complaints are about. The way people were talking, I thought I'd be able to wave it around my head with one hand.
lol.gif

I'm not going to attempt it, but I reckon this would be pretty easy to achieve :lol Out of interest, do you own the P1 LSB? That thing feels twice as heavy as this to me.

The exo holds one of my crowning jewels hahaha. Its a female 10 inch plus poecilotheria regalis.. aka.. greased lightning.. aka queen of anaphalactic shock.. aka a massive tarantula hahaha. Shes one of 13 tarantulas i own but because of her ability to basically teleport and the potency of her bite. I like to keep her in view and behind as many doors as i can hahaha. Needless to say my dumbass has handled her before with no incident.

Not sure I'd ever keep one given the reasons you covered (fast and angry!)... But Poecilotheria Metallica are one of the most stunning animals in the world imo!!

Received mine yesterday. As is usually the case with these things, it's definitely nicer in person. Size and weight was just about what I expected. It's definitely not too small and looks 1:2 scale to me. It's not that tall, but it's very long. Weight seems about right by Sideshow's current standards. Doesn't feel too light to me. The paint job looks very nice and I like the colours, but as expected, the 2 things I had an issue with in the pictures posted still look crap in real life; the tendons and the teeth. They don't look too bad, but definitely could've been better. Actually, looking at the teeth, I don't think the colour of them is that bad really, even though they are supposed to be chrome, I think the issue for me is the lack of detailing. I think they would really benefit from a black wash to fill in the cracks and gaps, so it doesn't just look like a solid piece of silver.

With the tendons, unfortunately mine on one side has this ugly glue residue where it joins to the head. Tried removing it with a tooth pic but won't come off. Normally I can live with a couple of small flaws here and there as I know these things are never perfect, but unfortunately this stands out too much for me given it's a focal point as it's on the front of the face, and with my LED lights shining down on it, the ugly white seam really stands out. Upon closer inspection, there is also a small bit of paint missing from the top of this glue residue, and it's just plain black underneath. I looked at the tendon on the other side and there is no glue whatsoever. There is also a small bit of paint missing from his lip...it looked like something got stuck to the paint while it was wet and then came off, and in the process stripped a little bit of paint. These are the only major flaws I've noticed, or ones that bother me anyway. Only other thing I've noticed is a small paint brush bristle stuck to the head towards the back, but it doesn't bother me coz it's not in a noticeable area, but the other 2 flaws being on the face look bad and I'm not sure what to do, if Sideshow will even replace my statue because of them.

Other than that though, it looks like a nice piece on display. Could've been better, but I'm still happy to have it.

Back