Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0842.JPGIMG_0843.JPG

Just received this today. I have already painted the teeth as they were to dull for my liking.
Sorry but I forgot to take a before photo.
But much happier with its overall look now that it's done.

Last edited:
View attachment 128886View attachment 128887

Just received this today. I have already painted the teeth as they were to dull for my liking.
Sorry but a forgot to take a before photo.
But much happier with its overall look now that it's done.

How hard would it have been for SS to do that, seriously? It looks so much better and it would be very cheap to do.

SS simply chose the wrong color of paint. For those wondering I used Model Master Chrome Silver Enamel paint #FS17178.

Nice work! I don't think I have the guts to do it...or the skill. I know it's probably not that hard, and anyone who can lift a brush could do it (okay that may be extreme) but I think I'd be too nervous to attempt it. Did you put a finishing coat on it afterwards?

We all want photos asap, but the first photos are usually horrible (blurry, flash-ridden crap), then we complain.
People then take pictures of them outside, in the harshest light settings imaginable, showing every imaginable flaw.
The excellent photos posted above, by Collectorcol, are the best I've seen.
Photos shot in a darker/normal setting, no flash, high ISO, and done right, finally put the final product in perspective.
It does this bust justice.....except the teeth are still ****e!

Number 281 arrived to me today in glamorous old Morecambe town. :)

I did panic a little bit at first when, after signing for it, I picked it up to take it into the living room & I could here something loose rattling around inside the box. I calmed myself by telling myself that, hey, it's probably just the name plate. But I was very apprehensive about it. It turned out that, thankfully, it was just the name plate. It had just been placed in the compartment for it the wrong way around.

So overall I'm very happy with my first purchase directly from Sideshow since, I think, 2005. No broken bits or bad blemishes and I love the sculpt & paint job (teeth aside).

Roll on Big Chap. :dance

got mine earlier today, thank god no noticeable flaws! was afraid the size will be too small after reading people complains, but it have nice size (best displayed angled), and looks 1/2 scale to me. The sculpt is detailed and the paint app really nice, love the gloss look. the teeth could have been better though, also wish the smaller "tongue"have a magnet instead of pin.
last but not least, the missing pad on the nameplate is really a stupid mistake! really no one test this before shipping?

overall, a really nice piece & very welcome to my growing alien/pred collection :)

7LkH6Pf.jpg

tMq8MAB.jpg

JX93Umb.jpg

8Bxgi8u.jpg

5r88jCz.jpg

8OzueCT.jpg

4tg7z6u.jpg

Nice packs of photos you have there guys! I prefer the most detailed paint app of the life size but still this thing looks extremely beautiful, especially with a nice light source.
As for the teeth I think is very easy for everyone to touch it up.

Ps. Get over it man! People have opinions and different tastes. Unless you are a spoiled little girl. Jeez!

Does anyone think it would be worth me getting this completely custom repainted and know of anyone actually able to do a pro job of it? I was thinking of a sort of piano black with shades of brown highlights and maybe a dirty white/cream inner mouth, and as I think Python said, get the tendon seams filled in too.

No, I've found a few now. I'm quite unhappy with all of the flaws on mine now I have noticed so many.

Yeah it's a huge shame. This was my first purchase off Sideshow (barring the alien statue that looks like it's surfing that my girlfriend bought me), and I have the Big Chap on pre order but now I'm wondering if I think it's worth getting. Their QA seems rather lacking.

Back