Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened mine and there is a chip that's been painted over and a big scuff along the back of the head :( wondering if I'm being picky though.

I contacted SS today about mine to see what my options are, I've found 5 large chips and two deep scratches now, and then there is the jaw that isn't fitted properly. I tried to live with it but I'm just not happy with this lsb as it is which is a shame given how much I was looking forward to it as an Alien fan. It is clearly very nice over all, just seems like a couple of them were treated a little rough during production/packaging.

Sorry to hear that Python. I hope SS is able to rectify the situation. Mine has a few very tiny nicks but I think I can live with them. Of course, for the money we pay for theses pieces we shouldn't expect or have to live with any imperfections but that's not the reality of the situation.

Thanks, I don't mind a few scuffs, quite a few of my ss pieces have minor blemishes but they don't bother me in the slightest. The Engineer I got last week has a couple but I don't mind, he's awesome! But this one has so many that it has tainted my enjoyment of it, and ultimately that is why we buy these things. I'm okay with an airbrush etc, but this will pretty much need a complete repaint to fix which would be easier said than done. The paint is also flaking on the spine area of the top of his head. I think I just pulled the short straw this time. The fact it still looks awesome up on a high shelf should be testament to how cool this one really is though, anybody that is thinking of buying it definitely should do so.

Received mine today, and have to say this bust is very beautiful. The paint however sucks around the teeth and gums, looks rushed. Mine also has 2 very small dents and a couple of blemishes. But all in all, it is a great piece.

Just got mine today (#54) and love it! It's a little lighter than I thought it's be but the details and colors are awesome. I have a couple little scuff-marks here and there but I think I was lucky in that I got such a low number that the marks don't really bug me. All in all I love it and can't wait for the Big Chap!

yihaaa mine arrived today, #202. Presently at work, I will have to wait tonight to unpack it. So excited :)

Well mine is here with quite a few QC problems. Some of the issues I could live with, but with so many there is no way.

I do like the overall package, defects aside. I don't mind the weight, still heavy enough to not have a hollow feeling, but nothing like the weight of the predators. I like the quality feel of the heavy Preds, but the Aliens are easier and safer to move and display. I am satisfied with the size, it looks right to me next to other 1/2 pieces I have. I will post back when I get a response.

Last edited:
Woah wait ! I just checked the tracking number and it says it shipped yesterday, with a delivery of tomorrow! I just got the shipping info now though :dunno

Sent in a request to Sideshow for a replacement yesterday as mine came with a few QC problems, and the best they could offer me is $45 credit towards another purchase or I can return for a refund and then buy a regular, as they don't have any replacements left. How can they have no replacements? This thing just came out! Seriously disappointed, as I really want the name plate, but not sure I can live with the flaws, especially with my OCD. Did anyone else send in a return request and get a similar response?

Sent in a request to Sideshow for a replacement yesterday as mine came with a few QC problems, and the best they could offer me is $45 credit towards another purchase or I can return for a refund and then buy a regular, as they don't have any replacements left. How can they have no replacements? This thing just came out! Seriously disappointed, as I really want the name plate, but not sure I can live with the flaws, especially with my OCD. Did anyone else send in a return request and get a similar response?
I hope they do, maybe in your case they don't want to send one out for what they consider minor issues and overseas is more of an expense for them. Mine has bubbled paint on the front of the head, a crack right in the middle of the front, a large hair in the paint in a very noticeable spot, 2 broken teeth, the same tendon mess you have, and a couple of fingerprints in the paint, plus more minor issues. I will be very upset if they tell me the same thing, I got all the Predator busts in anticipation of having the Aliens to go with them.

Well, looks like they are trying to pull the same crap with me too. I just rechecked my messages and they sent me the same note with a measly $45 offer for a laundry list of problems.

Well, looks like they are trying to pull the same crap with me too. I just rechecked my messages and they sent me the same note with a measly $45 offer for a laundry list of problems.

It's sad that they used to replace these a few years ago. I guess their quality control has gotten so bad that they're only offering partial credits now. Makes me not want to order any of their Star Wars McQuarrie statues when they go up.

Yes, it completely takes the joy out of getting these as all I think about is damage and QC and losing the EX if there is a problem out of my control now. I am hoping they just have some on order and I can wait for them, these situations they put us in is nuts. Either order some extras, let us buy more than one per person, or improve the damn QC.

Yeah. Great. happy for you. :)

Thank you my friend.
Ok, I unpacked my bust today. It is a gorgeous piece.
No damages, almost perfect paintjob (teeth sux), SS delivered a superb bust with almost no flaws.
Almost?
Yes, the only problem I have is the tongue pin. It is bent out of shape and I can't introduce it all the way in (nothing naughty here lol)
From the front you won't see a thing
image.jpg

From below you can see what's wrong.
image.jpg

No big deal, I'm gonna cut the metal pin and glue the tongue in....but first it is masking time, need to chrome those awfully painted teeth ;)

Back