NBC Adapting DC Comics' 'Constantine' With David Goyer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope they don't end on some big cliffhanger or something. I hope every season has a real end. I Hate when they do that.

I just hope they don't end on some big cliffhanger or something. I hope every season has a real end. I Hate when they do that.

:lol Like it's going to matter with this show. Cliffhanger or not, I already feel uncommitted to watching it.

I know but I just hate it. I can't stand it when they do it. Even if I mildly like a show i really hate it when they do that

Just watched the trailer for this. I ain't feeling it. Prolly check it out just to give it a chance. Hellblazer was my one of my favorite series and I have the entire series between trade and comics. I haven't read any of the series as I stopped buying comics altogether. Is it any good?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I'll watch it but I doubt it makes it a full season.

Just have Swamp Thing it in and adapt the American Gothic storyline.

I don't know, I liked that scene, I bought a couple Hellblazer trades a while back and haven't gone around to read them, so I'm not very knowledgeable about Constantine apart from the movie.

I don't know about the rest of the stuff but I like gotta say they got his looks and attitude right.

New trailer and is that a Dr. Fate helmet at 48 seconds????

doctor-fate-970x0.png

Constantine confirmed that they will have Papa Midnite and Jim Corrigan, AKA the Spectre, show up in the first season. They also said that the helmet of Dr. Fate, seen in the pilot, could lead to him showing up later down the line.

Constantine confirmed that they will have Papa Midnite and Jim Corrigan, AKA the Spectre, show up in the first season. They also said that the helmet of Dr. Fate, seen in the pilot, could lead to him showing up later down the line.

so chas dies already? WTF

Of all the new shows this fall, I think this will be the one to watch. I'm excited about Gotham, but this one really does something for me. I hope it lasts....

I was sadly underwhelmed by the pilot. Every scene they were reiterating about his backstory. The face off was less than thrilling which they have no excuse for since films like the conjuring have done creepy so well. There are lots of examples to borrow from.
I'll stick with it for a bit because it will either get better or be canceled quickly.

I was sadly underwhelmed by the pilot. Every scene they were reiterating about his backstory. The face off was less than thrilling which they have no excuse for since films like the conjuring have done creepy so well. There are lots of examples to borrow from.
I'll stick with it for a bit because it will either get better or be canceled quickly.

I'll watch another episode and see if it grows on me. I'm not really thrilled with guy playing the role. He just bugs me.

And....oh look! Harold Perrineau.......again.

Watched the pilot, and while it wasn't perfect, I liked it pretty well. Some of the exposition felt a bit clunky in parts, but I like the actor they cast as Constantine. I think the pilot at least served to set up a potentially good show. It's funny that with several DC properties on the air right now as TV shows, the one I've been least impressed with so far has been Gotham, and that's not really how I thought I'd feel about it, going in. That's not to say that Constantine won't suffer from its own problems. Apparently they made last minute changes to the pilot, so who knows how that will affect subsequent episodes. Also, I'm a little nervous about the Friday night timeslot, which has been a death sentence for a lot of shows. Anyway, I'm definitely going to give this one a chance.

Back