Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've given in and ordered Nate from sideshow, just gotta wait for him to take the trip from the states to the uk. Seeing some of the custom work done on this figure I can't wait to get hold of him. Have the guys who've done the work have any tips on how to dismantle the head ?, also, has anyone thought of using glass eyeballs in this ?.

Soak it in hot water for about 5 mins, the rip out the head socket part and then the eye plate, it's piss easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You didn't need to separate the hair from the rest of the head ?

Nope, I done it yesterday, just make sure it's boiling water and use a vice grip and pull out the neck piece then the eye plate.

Nope, I done it yesterday, just make sure it's boiling water and use a vice grip and pull out the neck piece then the eye plate.

Fair enough !,
Drake has shipped - the waiting game begins.....

Has anyone used archer eye decals ?, they do some that are photo realistic and that's looking like the most cost effective way of getting a stunning result. I've got all the model making stuff to allow the decals to be applied correctly so it should work well.

Mine was shipped Monday and got to me Friday, I'm in Ireland so shouldn't be long [emoji4]

picked one up today, and yes, I think the QC has improved, but still think he needs some futzing.

opinions please?? image.jpg

once the eye block comes out, the face 'relaxes' to its normal state. the eye thing is HUGE! it's ridiculous! I did nothing to that head yet, except remove the eye monstrosity.

Yep, the main problem is the eye plate... whoever designed the shape of it needs to get a demerit :lol

And if you can remove the plate w/o removing the hair you'll have a much easier time of getting the head reassembled and looking good. Anytime you pull apart a head like that it doesn't go back together quite as well.

Best I've seen so far man! Love a bit of sweat and dirt.

:rock

Thanks man :duff Hopefully the next 5 I'm doing well end up as good :rock :rock

I love how SSC still hasn't put up ACTUAL pics of this figure on their website. Maybe if they fixed the bulging jaw on their own, I would think of grabbing this guy. I might just wait for him to go to triple rewards or something. :lol

it's a 'tad' tricky to get out, but not realllly hard. boiling water for 5... pry the front of the head away from the plate from the bottom opening of the head. it's glued in at two points on the face. a bit of patience... fairly easy!!

Back