Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poor little eye plate is crying!! image.jpg

Is there any reason why SSC made the plate that big? Its obvious it screws with the headsculpt. Plus seeing all of you taking it out and cutting it down does nothing to the integrity of the head. Seems like poor QC with SSC to just let it slide like that.

Is there any reason why SSC made the plate that big? Its obvious it screws with the headsculpt. Plus seeing all of you taking it out and cutting it down does nothing to the integrity of the head. Seems like poor QC with SSC to just let it slide like that.

I'd say it was easier to put in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drake arrived this morning. he's not as bad in the flesh but those eyes are just terrible !. His head is already sat in boiling hot water as I type this. He'll be fixed by Sunday !. I like the body and clothes, the accessories are good - I've snapped one of the hand pins already (will be easy to fix though). All in all I'm happy, I'll be happier once I've meddled though :)

Yeah the body and clothes etc are just as good as any HT figure, just the head is a bit Bleh but bit of messing around and you'd get it looking good.

Like a lot of Sideshow figures he has potential... but that was okay when they were $70, at $160 you shouldn't have to reshape the head or repaint anything :lol

Like a lot of Sideshow figures he has potential... but that was okay when they were $70, at $160 you shouldn't have to reshape the head or repaint anything :lol

I get what your saying, I think it's because it's the only 1/6 Nate for us so that's why we got it, it's why I did.

ok... I think I'm done! What do you guys think??
View attachment 129063

(apologies to marf for stealing his pic)

:lol :lol :lol

I get what your saying, I think it's because it's the only 1/6 Nate for us so that's why we got it, it's why I did.

Yeah, I totally understand. You got work with what you've got, just a shame. The figure could/should have been a homerun.

Right, head has been boiled, the neck plug and eye plate removed. I cut the eye plate right down, took the sides and bottom off, so fat jaw is solved.
The eye plate fits back nicely and will be repainted.
I'm experimenting with another option though, I found a couple of nuts in my tool box, they have nylon caps on top. I cut the caps off and after I tiny amount of dremel work they fit nicely (at least as well as hot toys pers), I'm also going to repaint these but they'll be held in with blu-tac, meaning I can change the direction in which they look.
I'll post pics of the w.i.p tomorrow.

Got to see MarfMasters UC2 custom in person this weekend at Famcon. I modded and painted the head but he did an amazing job on everything else! Just wanted to share this pic taken by Levit05.

8388d30e25029bd5594ec5a700d4350c.jpg

He has alot of amazing figures
5ab2bca3fad51a6c817a044214a2bd43.jpg

Amazing customs i'm jealous!!

Does anyone have contacts/info in Brazil about this one off lifesize Drake haha...wish I could own it ;P

Attachments

• 3919g2M.jpg
    3919g2M.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 812
Well, the wip shots went out of the window once I got started :slap, I'll post a pic of the nut I used to make the eye balls.
They worked a treat ! But were really hard to line up once inside the head. I had to glue them in place, there was no way of making them moveable (and user friendly).
For now I've only got my ipad to take pictures so apologies for the quality of the attached pic but it'll give you all an idea of my set up. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 253
Back