How to Train Your Dragon 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched the first one again. Im not sure which film I like more. Both are masterpieces. They truly are Disney/pixar quality

I watched the first one again. Im not sure which film I like more. Both are masterpieces. They truly are Disney/pixar quality

Both films are better than Pixars, I don't own any Pixar movie, but I have the first dragon and will own the second, these are some of the best animated movies ever made. I almost cried during the last 30 minutes, from the dad seeing his wife for the first time to the final speech, I was on the edge of my seat, best movie of the year so far.

Both films are better than Pixars, I don't own any Pixar movie, but I have the first dragon and will own the second, these are some of the best animated movies ever made. I almost cried during the last 30 minutes, from the dad seeing his wife for the first time to the final speech, I was on the edge of my seat, best movie of the year so far.
We agree. Ive loved many of the blockbuster films this summer. Its been a good summer so far. The only film im dying to see again in theaters though is HTTYD2. I thought it would be Godzilla but it is this instead.

Both Dragon films are amazing and beautiful to watch, both stand-up in quality next to the best Pixar movies, much of the credit may go to Cressida Cowell (sp?) the author of the series for this, I dont know how comparable the books are.

Not withstanding Cars, which we all know solely exists for merchandising, I think Pixar has a slight lead though, I was watching Ratatouille tonight with my daughter, one of her favorites and I have to say the level of detail in that is amazing. The hair, the water effects, the textures, all amazing. Even though that movie came out 7 years ago, I dont think any animation houses have caught up to Pixar when it comes to sheer detail. And you cant just take Dragons and compare it to all Pixar movies, in that regard you would have to take that studios body of work, which includes movies like Ice Age and Madagascar.

Dragons puts to shame all the other Dreamworks animation releases, not just in quality of animation, but in writing, character development, and depth. I think my favorite part of the movie, and most powerful, is one of the quieter scenes. The one with Stoic and Hiccups Mother, as he tries to woo his long lost Wife, it is very touching and emotiuonal, much like the scene in UP where it is revealed that Ellie will never be able to have children. Dragons is as good as many of Pixars best, and that is something to be very proud of.

Both Dragon films are amazing and beautiful to watch, both stand-up in quality next to the best Pixar movies, much of the credit may go to Cressida Cowell (sp?) the author of the series for this, I dont know how comparable the books are.

Not withstanding Cars, which we all know solely exists for merchandising, I think Pixar has a slight lead though, I was watching Ratatouille tonight with my daughter, one of her favorites and I have to say the level of detail in that is amazing. The hair, the water effects, the textures, all amazing. Even though that movie came out 7 years ago, I dont think any animation houses have caught up to Pixar when it comes to sheer detail. And you cant just take Dragons and compare it to all Pixar movies, in that regard you would have to take that studios body of work, which includes movies like Ice Age and Madagascar.

Dragons puts to shame all the other Dreamworks animation releases, not just in quality of animation, but in writing, character development, and depth. I think my favorite part of the movie, and most powerful, is one of the quieter scenes. The one with Stoic and Hiccups Mother, as he tries to woo his long lost Wife, it is very touching and emotiuonal, much like the scene in UP where it is revealed that Ellie will never be able to have children. Dragons is as good as many of Pixars best, and that is something to be very proud of.
:goodpost::lecture:exactly:

Good point. Usually when I think if dreamworks I think if the more fun movies like shrek, kung-fu pabda, Madagascar and ice age. But the dragon films just seem....heavier...in all the right ways.

I can agree with this to a point, my only thing though is that Pixars body of work has pretty much come from 4 guys who planned out their first decade of Pixar films in a coffee diner, dreamworks doesn't have anything close to that kind of one mindedness, every film has been it's own thing were Pixar very clearly got all of it's story tellers involved in almost every movie. As a whole Pixar has a better library, but Dragons is right up there with the best animated films ever. I also have a soft spot for dragons in general so I might be a bit biased lol

And if you don't know about the Pixar story, I recommend the documentary about it that's on netflix, it's a good and interesting watch, that's to anyone in general that's interested in Pixar.

Don't think it's biased at all. I just went to go see HTTYD2 again tonight and loved it. So many wonderful moments in the film, just like the original. And it being dragons means nothing to me, especially since Toothless reminds me mostly of a big dog or Stitch lol. I think both 1 and 2 are easily among my favorite animated films of all-time and the quality is behind each of them to back it up as one of the best.

Oh, I want a Toothless.

Loved this movie. Just as good as number one. Number 3 sounds like it's already got a jump on a great story.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Not as good as the first, but that one is a hard act to follow. My wife died laughing at Ruffnut's 'take me now' bit.

I need good Toothless collectible...

Loved this movie. Just as good as number one. Number 3 sounds like it's already got a jump on a great story.

Is there word on a third? I'd go see it in a heartbeat. They topped the first one with this so it's setting a really high bar.

Just got back from seeing this a 3rd time.

Does anyone own the Dragons Funko Pop figures? I was thinking about getting them since there will probably never be any worth while collectables made.

Is there word on a third? I'd go see it in a heartbeat. They topped the first one with this so it's setting a really high bar.

the original plan was to make 2 followed by 3 in 2016, but no one knows if that's the case with the the box office not being as great as everyone thought it would be.

The box office is pretty much comparable to the first I believe though isn't it? And came out in rougher time. I saw it again last night and my theater a as still full...Though it was a dine in movie.

I have heard that this is meant to be a trilogy. I dont know how if they can make it as good as the first two. I hope they have a happy ending in store and the most kick-ass toothless scenes yet because Toothless was such a beast at the end of part 2.

Kinda annoys me that this excellent film has had significantly less box office returns than a turd like Transformers 4. Sigh.

Back