How to Train Your Dragon 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a while since I saw the first one. The trailer was pretty fantastic though.

Yeah, the first one got a great emotional response out of me. Unfortunately, I'm going to be anticipating that for this one, and it may not deliver. Alas, I'm looking forward to it.

Really glad it seems like John Powell is back to score. The soundtrack for the first one is in my top 5 favorite scores of all time.

Hiccup's looking good...

images

Rented it for my Daughter, think I enjoyed as much or more than she did, what a welcome surprise that movie was. Ended up buying it, there was at least 2 months where my little girl would walk around and yell "I am a Viking!"

**** yeah! Loved the first one! I just showed it to my 9-year-old daughter and she's already freaking out. :lol

Teaser was more entertaining and beautiful than the entire catalogue of summer blockbusters i have seen so far this year.

Some new details on the film. Turning out pretty well.

It was all about How to Train Your Dragon 2, Peabody & Sherman, and Turbo at the Dreamworks Animation Filmmaker Focus panel today at San Diego Comic-Con. Chief creative officer Bill Damaschke and directors David Soren (Turbo), Rob Minkoff (Peabody & Sherman), and Dean DeBlois (How to Train Your Dragon 2) were on hand to talk the crazy world of cartooning.

The biggest news to come out of the panel was that Game of Thrones' Kit Harington has joined the voice cast of the How to Train Your Dragon sequel, and the actor surprised the fans in attendance when he popped in to talk about the gig. DeBlois described the character -- who's amusingly enough called Eret -- as a dragon-trapper who is "very brazen and cocky and has an interesting arc in the story." A character performance test was also shown featuring Eret, where he proclaims that he is "Eret, son of Eret, of many sons. I dare say I may be the finest!" This got a big laugh from the crowd.

Cate Blanchett and Gladiator's Djimon Hounsou were also announced today as joining the cast. Blanchett is Valka, "a feral vigilante type character" who has hidden away and saved many dragons. Hounsou voices the big bad, Drago Bludvist, "a maniacal strange from a strange land who has a vendetta against the dragons."

The film takes place about five years after the first one, with Hiccup (Jay Baruchel) and his faithful dragon Toothless still the best of friends. DeBlois said that the film starts where the last one left off in that the Vikings are now on the backs of the dragons with the entire world in front of them. But of course, there has to be a conflict, and a land is found where humans are at war with the dragons.

Interestingly, DeBlois said that Part 2 was inspired by The Empire Strikes Back of all films, a movie that was hugely influential for him. With a third film also in the works, he thinks it important to up the stakes, especially since he thinks a lot of sequels are pretty disappointing these days.

A couple of clips were played from the film, both of which featured plenty of flying, diving, soaring, and freefalling through the clouds for Hiccup and Toothless. Hiccup, it seems, has now built a suit that enables him to do a bit of gliding himself, if not flying, though it leads to comedic trouble in this clip as they crash-land as a result. But that's followed by some funny and nice frolicking between the two. (Is there any love more pure than that between a boy and his dragon?) The second clip was more menacing, with the pair encountering some kind of warrior mounted on his own dragon who forces our heroes to crash into the icy water below. Toothless is then overtaken by a sea creature of some sort while Hiccup's helmet floats to the surface as the clip ended. Cue the Comic-Con crowd all yelling "Noooooooo."

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/0...ow-to-train-your-dragon-2-and-peabody-sherman

Wow. That teaser was beautiful. I wasn't as impressed with the first movie as everyone else seemed to be, though I did enjoy it.

Loved the first movie, hope the second one is as good.

I so wished someone would make collectibles from the film, maybe a Hiccup and Toothless maquette or something.

Absolutely loved the music! Test Drive still gives me the goosebumps :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW32gAHpv2E[/ame]

Back