1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You posted about this when it happen right. I saw it and wanted to reply because I think you were asking what to do about it. I once found this on SS' s website and it answered the question or complaint you had.,

"Sideshow Collectibles will not replace / exchange brown shipping cartons. Additionally, we cannot open an exchange solely on the style of shipping carton you received. These shipping cartons are made to shield the collectible from damage during the shipping process and are not considered a part of the item’s packaging. Also, our warehouse and manufacturing facilities will use different shipping box styles based on destination, product type, ordering lots, and availability. Therefore, you are not guaranteed to receive the same type of shipping carton on all orders.

Sideshow Collectibles receives a limited number of replacement graphic boxes to use in cases of severe irreparable damages caused during the shipping process. With any item being shipped to our customers there is an acceptable amount of wear and tear that may occur during the shipping process that will not warrant a replacement box, full exchange or refund."

Direct quote from the SS WEBSITE under returns and exchanges. Too late I know but figured I'd post

Well there ya have it from the horses mouth. Some though will inevitably think they are right and SS is wrong.

Edit: that's a groovey pose OneSixthFanTex !

I look at it this way: the shipping box helps protect the picture box and to confirm the figure is not a bootleg.. also if I decide to sell, my figure will appeal to a larger number of collectors and will have better protection when I ship it.

That said, if a Buyer wanted lots of photos of the shipping box from every angle, specifically to confirm it was in 'spotless' mint condition, I would probably decide that was a warning signal, that the transaction was at risk of being disrupted by unrealistically high 'OCD' expectations, and not proceed.

Does anyone know if the battle damaged version of the mark 42 that's coming soon (the one with him holding a car battery), is going to be diecast or plastic?

My IM armors. [emoji86]
6f84d03096d1d4fc37a5f3c40c248cee.jpg

Mine shipped from the retailer I bought it from here in Canada. Should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to get this guy in my hands, he looks great in the pictures.

It's been established by Sideshow that the shippers are worthless and are just for shipping purposes. Which comes as no surprise at all.

I feel like going up into the attic & removing all the shipper boxes & chucking them in the bin. lol ;) I only kept them as I have sort outs in the attic from time to time & things get shoved about so I figured they could carry of protecting the REAL packaging. :)

Oh man this figure is incredible! It easily makes me hate all plastic iron men now!

I'm really impressed here! Simple pose for now.
y6evu5e9.jpg

Back