The Expendables 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't bother with this one in the theater, will defnately see with a rental though.

I figured not seeing this in a theater would redeem some of my Transformers 4 transgressions. :lol

What I really wanted out of 3 was the same gore level from Rambo 4, instead they went backwards and gave us Expendables Lego Movie.

Was there at least one Blade or Tax evasion joke that I can enjoy. :lol

There was a tax evasion joke yes :lol

Glad to hear that, I also liked 2, although we seem to be few in numbers around here. Hopefully I can hit this up in matinee in the next few days.

It does seem that way. I didn't totally care for #1 after seeing it in the theaters. It felt like they pussyed out on the 80's OTT action and so for me its the weakest of the three.

I didn't bother with this one in the theater, will defnately see with a rental though.

I figured not seeing this in a theater would redeem some of my Transformers 4 transgressions. :lol

What I really wanted out of 3 was the same gore level from Rambo 4, instead they went backwards and gave us Expendables Lego Movie.

Was there at least one Blade or Tax evasion joke that I can enjoy. :lol

It's worth checking out in theaters, IMO.

Shouldn't feel bad about TF4 that was a fun movie.

Part 2 came the closest and along with this one at least felt and played out like an 80's action movie.

There was a tax evasion joke.

I never took any of these expendables movies seriously. They're just dumb fun movies that I laugh at. Part two was hilarious! Reminded me of that Clive Owen movie, Shoot em' Up.

Watched this the other day and I’m still trying to fire out what was the purpose of casting the Asian girl in the second movie!!! Could they not have found a Uma/Weaver/ or any other American actress for that role? I felt so detached from her.

Back to 3, enjoyed it. I have to give props to Arnold for just having fun and enjoying himself and his small role. Still wish Stallone kept some facial hair as it would separate Ross from Rocky and Rambo!!

Look forward to the Blu ray purchase!!!

I saw this last week, really enjoyed it, my 2nd favorite of the series. I'd rank them:

1. Expendables
2. Expendables 3
3. Expendables 2

What's odd is, I find Expendables 2 has the best finale fight in the series, but outside of that, I felt like the story was boring up to that point. This 3rd one was good from start to finish, some of the new characters were even suprisingly enjoyable, I didn't think I'd dislike them but I figured they'd be forgettable.

I still love the first one most, I feel like it had more a sense of relationship among the team, probably tried building that more since it was the first, that by 2 and 3 they're just like, you know who we are.

I was disappointed with the Stallone - Gibson fight, I know they're both older but I was hoping for a good payoff there and it was just too brief for me, what was there was good but not enough to satisfy. The Stone Cold fight is still my favorite Barney solo fight, and the one with Van Damme was also really good.

I liked Ford talking on the phone with Stallone and not understanding what language Statham was speaking.
Also liked Arnold and Li’s chessy giggles…

I was sad that when Ross returned back to to the hanger to get his gear that it would be the last of Arnold. But then later when you see him there with Li your like **** yea!! It’s the little things . Oh and also liked Fords line “small crew”!!

“Kick down the door and start shooting” conversation with the young bloods was funny!!

Back