The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed the film quite a bit. Didnt feel too congested and I would have liked more scenes with Harry and Peter and I thought Paul Gimatti was bloody awful. Much better than ASM1 but still not a patch on SM2. Electro should be called Dub step man but i'll refer to him as Skrillex. Liked his character more than I expected.

Saw it, and I loved it!

It really felt like Webb took the first two Rami films, 616 comics, Ultimate comics, and Spectacular Spiderman cartoon, put all of them in a blender, and out came TASM2.

Spoiler Spoiler:

very nice review hope i feel the same way as we both share the same opinions about the older films.

Fell in love with Emma Stone all over again watching this, Garfield is Spider-Man imo but i didn't feel the film was anything special other than those 2, would say 7/10

but that isn't saying much..IM2 is a disjointed mess of a movie..misfiring many times

I only compared it to IM2 because it was mentioned in topic. I think it was mentioned in conversation about why other movies get away with being garbage and so much hate is being thrown at this before anyone even see's it...
That was before a lot of people saw it. :lol

As Neo said this is a much better movie than the majority of Superhero films of late.
Emma Stone is heartbreakingly adorable in this. And not cheesy, cliched good, just excellent performance and chemistry
with Garfield. Pretty obvious I guess.

very nice review hope i feel the same way as we both share the same opinions about the older films.

I think you will, I enjoyed it a lot more than Spiderman 1 and 2. I still like those films, and I like Tobey, but this just felt like the comics brought to life.

Last edited:
Exactly, but what happened to it? It was supposed to be going to introduce ASM 3 and the Sinister Six.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yup. So I caved and watched a bootleg version. Yup I know I cheated but to be fair this movie should of came out in the fricken states first. Anyway I wont put a review up til I see it in the theater, damn bootleg kept skipping scenes and the camera guy was probably an ape of some kind. I will say this though its better than the first.
I'll do a better review once I see it better in the theater. When it comes to spidey i give into temptation.

so none of you guys ever get worried about getting sued and stuff?I cant wait, but just too afraid of that. One thing is to watch stuff online when it has come out already or is on dvd....bit this:horror

so none of you guys ever get worried about getting sued and stuff?

There is a difference between downloading and streaming.

I caved and watched it too, sorry Sony, you ****ed up releasing it in just 1 country. It was good, better than the Raimi stuff but I think I liked ASM more. This has more action and will be more rewatchable but the first had better emotional depth for the most part. The end was pretty emotional however. Harry was handled ok but I still would have vastly preferred Norman. Wasn't as bad as say the Mandarin in IM3 though, not by a long shot. I'll be paying to see it again when it hits theaters here, no doubt about that.

My breakdown :

ASM - 8/10
ASM2 - 7/10
SM2 - 6/10
SM - 5/10
SM3 - 3/10

Last edited:
There is a difference between downloading and streaming.

I caved and watched it too, sorry Sony, you ****ed up releasing it in just 1 country. It was good, better than the Raimi stuff but I think I liked ASM more. This has more action and will be more rewatchable but the first had better emotional depth for the most part. The end was pretty emotional however. Harry was handled ok but I still would have vastly preferred Norman. Wasn't as bad as say the Mandarin in IM3 though, not by a long shot. I'll be paying to see it again when it hits theaters here, no doubt about that.

My breakdown :

ASM - 8/10
ASM2 - 7/10
SM2 - 6/10
SM - 5/10
SM3 - 3/10

wait so streaming is fine for movies that just came out?

It's not by any means fine, it just makes it more difficult to prove you did something illegal short of accidentally opened a random web page. As opposed to having a hard copy of their property on your machine. That's my understanding anyway, I've never seen them go after someone who streamed it, I could be wrong. I don't usually do it but I couldn't avoid spoilers and everything else anymore. I'll still see/buy it when it comes out to support it.

yeah that makes sense. and sony did F-- Up. i can't blame you guys for wanting to see it

Back