Statue Superman Life Size 1:1 Bust from SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I caved and ordered him with the holiday double rewards promo. I got worried with the "less than 10" warning even though I am 99% sure it is bogus. I kicked myself for missing him when they had double rewards/free ship, but ended up better deal with a 10% off coupon that I got. Now I just need my EX PF(if it ever gets here). Lots of QC issues on my pieces lately so hopefully this is one of the good ones.

Galactus is open ES so it was always a possibility to come back.

The one that I am surprised never came back was the black/grey Batman 1:1 bust. I wonder if the run was truly finished or were the paint issues a factor to cutting it short.

I wonder what other industry could continue to get away with this kind of thing?
Get away with what? It's a numbered item, they obviously didn't produce the full quota.
It probably went 'Low Quantity' and 'WL' to shift a few but anyone who buys purely because they think it's about to sell out doesn't deserve any sympathy.

it went from wait list to "sold out" then back to pre-order. Same with Joker and a few others. They have also done the same with the 1:2 maul and wolverine.

it is tiresome. It bugs me and I would suggest many other collectors.

All I am asking for is "honesty". If you are temporarily unable to accept more orders until another batch is ready, say so. Don't label it "sold out" which to me means..well, exactly that.

All I am asking for is "honesty". If you are temporarily unable to accept more orders until another batch is ready, say so. Don't label it "sold out" which to me means..well, exactly that.

It does come accross as dishonest but you can't worry about it. There is absolutely nothing that you or I or anyone here can do other than to give feedback that we don't like it.

I will say that I can't blame anyone for being increasingly cynical as a consumer as they deal with such sales tactics.

it went from wait list to "sold out" then back to pre-order. Same with Joker and a few others. They have also done the same with the 1:2 maul and wolverine.

it is tiresome. It bugs me and I would suggest many other collectors.

Aren't the 1/2 scale Statues an Open Edition?

Have SS ever said 'sold out for ever'?
The only way something is sold out is when the total run of a Limited Edition, numbered, piece is finished...

Then it's time for a change of paint scheme :monkey3

Come on guys...

If the initial (or any batch prior to the last) sells out then the product should go on Waitlist. Only exception is if the Waitlist is so full that you have to close it. Example: the Batman PF EX. Otherwise, if there is a chance at future batches then the Wait List should remain open so waitlisters get dibs. First come first served. Right?

Now, if something numbered goes on Waitlist and then it's marked as Sold Out, people will naturally assume that it's gone forever. Example: Mythos Obiwan. Why assume that? because it's the way that it's been forever and you figure Sideshow's system of labeling the products on their website is correct to keep us properly informed. Right?

Ultimately it's Sideshow's rules and we don't have a choice but to play the game if we want their product. That said, are we really going to sit here and justify that the whole thing is not misleading? Particularly so with all the false alert through Facebook and whatnot.

We all know items go to WL then they 'find' more stock.

If it takes a fake WL for you to decide you want said item then did you really want it?
Complaining on here will make zero difference.

Buy items you really want or love, the fact that there may be only a few left is no reason to justify a purchase.

I hate fake low quantity alerts and WLs... I buy what I want regardless.
Sideshow will keep producing until the full run is sold, why wouldn't they?. If you buy an open edition piece it will be revisited whenever they want.

Back