Statue Superman Life Size 1:1 Bust from SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on guys...

If the initial (or any batch prior to the last) sells out then the product should go on Waitlist. Only exception is if the Waitlist is so full that you have to close it. Example: the Batman PF EX. Otherwise, if there is a chance at future batches then the Wait List should remain open so waitlisters get dibs. First come first served. Right?

Now, if something numbered goes on Waitlist and then it's marked as Sold Out, people will naturally assume that it's gone forever. Example: Mythos Obiwan. Why assume that? because it's the way that it's been forever and you figure Sideshow's system of labeling the products on their website is correct to keep us properly informed. Right?

Ultimately it's Sideshow's rules and we don't have a choice but to play the game if we want their product. That said, are we really going to sit here and justify that the whole thing is not misleading? Particularly so with all the false alert through Facebook and whatnot.

Solid, come on man, collectors, especially on this forum where we are all so well informed and versed in how Sideshow operates and when things go on order and how they work their edition sizes, why in the blue blazes is anyone waiting for a low quantity alert on anything they truly want to buy anymore?

Are you telling me that the low quantity alert is what calls people to buy an item? And the fact that since someone jumped in the pool due to that low quantity alert if Sideshow happen to have "fooled" someone that person is now going to strut around complaining that Sideshow some how forced them to buy an item because of the alert?

Do these same people run out and buy cars when "The LOWEST prices Ever" sale comes out, even though in six months they're going to run the same or better sale?

Really? I mean isn't that about as idiotic as anything you've ever heard? "I wasn't going to drop $400 or $700 or $2000 on this item but now that there's only a few left it is somehow more appealing"

Solid, come on man, collectors, especially on this forum where we are all so well informed and versed in how Sideshow operates and when things go on order and how they work their edition sizes, why in the blue blazes is anyone waiting for a low quantity alert on anything they truly want to buy anymore?

Are you telling me that the low quantity alert is what calls people to buy an item? And the fact that since someone jumped in the pool due to that low quantity alert if Sideshow happen to have "fooled" someone that person is now going to strut around complaining that Sideshow some how forced them to buy an item because of the alert?

Do these same people run out and buy cars when "The LOWEST prices Ever" sale comes out, even though in six months they're going to run the same or better sale?

Really? I mean isn't that about as idiotic as anything you've ever heard? "I wasn't going to drop $400 or $700 or $2000 on this item but now that there's only a few left it is somehow more appealing"

The funny thing is the people who are complaining bought this bust a year ago.

The funny thing is the people who are complaining bought this bust a year ago.
Maybe those same people are waiting for it to sell out and anticipating an aftermarket price rise?

I bought mine because I got a great deal. Nice bust but decided it wasn't for me.
Sold it to a very happy collector for what it cost me.

Maybe those same people are waiting for it to sell out and anticipating an aftermarket price rise?

I bought mine because I got a great deal. Nice bust but decided it wasn't for me.
Sold it to a very happy collector for what it cost me.

They bought the other DC busts to display together.

It's about putting out misinformation out there to sell some statues dude. That is all I am saying. I got my Superman bust. Hooray for me. It still doesn't change the fact that what Sideshow is doing is not cool in regards to their inventory disclosure.

I understand the game as do most of us here. I put up with the sales mind games because they have the DC license and make cool products that I like. However I won't defend some of their sales tactics or try to rationalize it as "other businesses do it all the time". Sideshow has created a culture of community. I don't get Facebook alerts or Tweets from my local car dealer about a sale. They are an impersonal entity. Do to the nature of what they sell, Sideshow tries to make the "relationship" more personal than that and we follow their products, events and antics on forums such as these.

At no point did I mention that the item is more appealing when is almost sold out/low quantity. May be for some this is the case. I do understand this though: not everyone has the ability to say "see it, like it, order it, got it! what are you idiots complaining about now???". Some people have to plan purchases carefully. Use reward points here. Use a flex there. Not sure so let me see in hand pics first and then pursue it. Wait for a little extra cash in 3 months. You get the point. Even more so now with so many cool products coming out. That is the point that some of you seem to miss as you point and laugh at the complainers. Yes, some of the complainers are tiresome but every now and then some have a valid point. It would be nice to have information that is correct on how many are left of something that would possibly fit my collection. Help me give you the sale Sideshow. We are not all rich or want to max out credit cards or hoarders. :lol

We know the rules and we play the game but let's call some of this stuff like it is.

Last edited:
It's about putting out misinformation out there to sell some statues dude. That is all I am saying. I got my Superman bust. Hooray for me. It still doesn't change the fact that what Sideshow is doing is not cool in regards to their inventory disclosure.

I understand the game as do most of us here. I put up with the sales mind games because they have the DC license and make cool products that I like. However I won't defend some of their sales tactics or try to rationalize it as "other businesses do it all the time". Sideshow has created a culture of community. I don't get Facebook alerts or Tweets from my local car dealer about a sale. They are an impersonal entity. Do to the nature of what they sell, Sideshow tries to make the "relationship" more personal than that and we follow their products, events and antics on forums such as these.

At no point did I mention that the item is more appealing when is almost sold out/low quantity. May be for some this is the case. I do understand this though: not everyone has the ability to say "see it, like it, order it, got it! what are you idiots complaining about now???". Some people have to plan purchases carefully. Use reward points here. Use a flex there. Not sure so let me see in hand pics first and then pursue it. Wait for a little extra cash in 3 months. You get the point. Even more so now with so many cool products coming out. That is the point that some of you seem to miss as you point and laugh at the complainers. Yes, some of the complainers are tiresome but every now and then some have a valid point. It would be nice to have information that is correct on how many are left of something that would possibly fit my collection. Help me give you the sale Sideshow. We are not all rich or want to max out credit cards or hoarders. :lol

We know the rules and we play the game but let's call some of this stuff like it is.

Perfectly said! 100% agree.

I own the bust. doesn't mean I have to be happy with their tactics.

And they did say sold out "forever" in regards to either the LSF Maul or Wolvie (I think it was Maul). It was on their Facebook site in response to a comment from someone. They said something like: "only x left and he will be sold out...no more ever being made".

Merry Christmas duders
7adc9b113ec5ffac96f779982fac66f3.jpg

Some people can't admit it, refuse to see it, or are say things so others will back them up, when defending sideshow. They also only see it through their own perspective, and sometimes that perspective is one of of a SS fanboy.

I own the bust. doesn't mean I have to be happy with their tactics.

And they did say sold out "forever" in regards to either the LSF Maul or Wolvie (I think it was Maul). It was on their Facebook site in response to a comment from someone. They said something like: "only x left and he will be sold out...no more ever being made".

It was Wolverine and they tweeted it. Then someone posted their "no more forever" tweet in the LSF thread. Everyone scrambled to grab one of the less than 20 remain Wolvies. The low stock alert turned out to be BS when their stock shot back up to 60 or something only after they posted the routine checking inventory, and the LSF was considered gone. That was the first time I'd ever seen Sideshow do something like that. Lot of pissed off collectors that day. After that, fake sellouts have become the norm.

Nice pic, Bruce.

Those are the last 20 figures period! When they sell out, we will not be getting any more. -S #DontMissOut

Love the show, even love the show more since they go with DC instead of Marvel (nothing against Marvel, it's just they are too commercialize nowadays)

They show more DC because TBBT is actually produced by Warner Bros., DC's parent company; and is just aired on CBS :) So it's WB trying to subtly commercialize DC Comics :lol

Back