Holy ____!! Galactus!!...Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dam that suks man, I don't think I could be as much of a collector as I am if I lived in euroup, that or I would have to have someone who lived in the US ship em to me.
If customs don't believe the value put on imported items they will ask for proof.
Also shipping would probably cost more than from Sideshow.

Yeah, it sucks being an International Sideshow Freak.

Bowen does it, but the SS one, to me is better.

I sold my SSC Surfer awhile back. It's a very nice piece. However, I think Randy Bowen just owns the character when it comes to sculpting him. The BD museum and action Surfers are the BEST Surfer sculpts I have seen. Randy just captures the essence of the Surfer perfectly for me. Either of those BD pieces in 1/4 scale would look mind blowing.

I sold my SSC Surfer awhile back. It's a very nice piece. However, I think Randy Bowen just owns the character when it comes to sculpting him. The BD museum and action Surfers are the BEST Surfer sculpts I have seen. Randy just captures the essence of the Surfer perfectly for me. Either of those BD pieces in 1/4 scale would look mind blowing.

have you seen the chromed out version of the SS surfer??? Yeah once chromed its over lol.

silver urfer1.jpg

Yeah, I've seen it and it looks fantastic. However, the pose, head sculpts, and seams on the piece always bothered me. If either of the Bowen Surfers were in 1/4 scale and chromed, it's no contest for me. All 3 head sculpts on the SSC Surfer really bugged me. There is no comparing any of them to Randy ' Surfers. IMO, no one does a better job sculpting the character than Randy.

Yeah, I've seen it and it looks fantastic. However, the pose, head sculpts, and seams on the piece always bothered me. If either of the Bowen Surfers were in 1/4 scale and chromed, it's no contest for me. All 3 head sculpts on the SSC Surfer really bugged me. There is no comparing any of them to Randy ' Surfers. IMO, no one does a better job sculpting the character than Randy.

Yeah it is, im in the process of doing mine right now, I do like the bowen but the screaming face with the cosmic trails is amazing, but to each there own I guess, its def. gonna be a show piece for me.

Yeah it is, im in the process of doing mine right now, I do like the bowen but the screaming face with the cosmic trails is amazing, but to each there own I guess, its def. gonna be a show piece for me.

It's gonna look great. It should with how much you will be dropping to customize it. I even considered doing the same thing with my Surfer COM. In the end, I needed the space for my Bats and Supes PFs so ultimately, I decided to sell it. Please post pics of your Surfer when it's done. I'm sure it's going to look awesome.

It's gonna look great. It should with how much you will be dropping to customize it. I even considered doing the same thing with my Surfer COM. In the end, I needed the space for my Bats and Supes PFs so ultimately, I decided to sell it. Please post pics of your Surfer when it's done. I'm sure it's going to look awesome.

Well that's how it should of looked from the get go, yeah it's a bit pricy but if came that way from the start it would of cost the same most likely. Anyway yeah I'll be sure to post some pics when I get it back.

That is beautiful repaint. Dark background and he actually looks like he is in outer space

Finally got around to buying myself a Galactus, love it! Such an impressive piece.
The only thing I'm not too fond of is the brown spots all over the statue, besides that everything else is awesome.
DSC03153_zpsd83e2454.jpg

Nice pics Frostlord! This is truly an impressive looking piece. I just wish it had an ES. However, that doesn't take away from just how awesome Big G looks. Congrats on picking him up.

Nice pics Frostlord! This is truly an impressive looking piece. I just wish it had an ES. However, that doesn't take away from just how awesome Big G looks. Congrats on picking him up.

Thanks mate, an es would have been great but like you said its still an awesome piece and a must have statue

This probably doesn't have an ES because they had no idea how popular it would be. This could have been the kind of piece very few end up getting. Galactus is a very important character in the Marvel universe, but there hasn't been much in the way of figures or collectibles for him compared to others. But since he is such a cool and important character that bridges several different storylines and shows up in a variety of marvel franchises, he could sell through the roof considering the size and majesty of this piece.

Anyway, that's my piss in the wind.

I have someone selling a partial Galactus Maquette which I've always wanted. It needs base, face plate, and the helmet ears (?). If i were to buy it, is there any specific place I can go to get the rest of the parts to complete the statue? I've searched a few times on google and haven't found anywhere that sells specific missing parts. Any help would be appreciated. If this isn't the correct place to post this please let me know and i'll move the post to the proper forum.

Thanks.

I have someone selling a partial Galactus Maquette which I've always wanted. It needs base, face plate, and the helmet ears (?). If i were to buy it, is there any specific place I can go to get the rest of the parts to complete the statue? I've searched a few times on google and haven't found anywhere that sells specific missing parts. Any help would be appreciated. If this isn't the correct place to post this please let me know and i'll move the post to the proper forum.

Thanks.

Don't do it. Individual pieces are very hard to score because most collectors won't part with them. Also, there is no other way to buy them except in the aftermarket. Sideshow will not sell you parts. My suggestion is to buy this piece complete if you want it. Buying a partial Galactus is only going to be a major headache for you down the road.

Don't do it. Individual pieces are very hard to score because most collectors won't part with them. Also, there is no other way to buy them except in the aftermarket. Sideshow will not sell you parts. My suggestion is to buy this piece complete if you want it. Buying a partial Galactus is only going to be a major headache for you down the road.

I have all the parts he needs from my broken one. I kept the head intact to make a mini bust. So i have the angry face and ears. :D

Back