Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barton and Rhodey, two worthless characters. I wish them die already and stop aggravate MS movies.

I do feel they need to kill a major character off in this one to make the threat seem that much more dangerous. Nobody even remotely came close to dying with the Chitauri. Coulson was the only one that was ever in any real danger in the film. So I think actually have an Avenger fall would kick things up a notch. BW, HE, and Rodey are the obvious once because they haven't had solo films, but Captain America is another possibility with Bucky in the wings.

I always found it strange that Whedon wanted them apart of the team so badly when he could have pretty much introduced anyone else
I don't know if it was his ideas or someone else's (Feige? Writers?), but they were two of the most obvious, logical choices because they were one half of the Avengers team Cap formed when Iron Man, Giant Man, Wasp, and Thor left. If they're doing Inhumans, there's little doubt to me that Quicksilver will be tied in. I don't know if I see Rhodey being offed since he's the logical replacement for Stark when RDJ leaves the franchise, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened, either. He's not as significant a character as the Maximoffs by a long stretch in the comics.

Not like it matters much anyway. Marvel brings all the dead guys back to life in these films (Coulson, Fury, Loki), so why not kill of Thor or Hulk or whatever?

I don't know if it was his ideas or someone else's (Feige? Writers?), but they were two of the most obvious, logical choices because they were one half of the Avengers team Cap formed when Iron Man, Giant Man, Wasp, and Thor left. If they're doing Inhumans, there's little doubt to me that Quicksilver will be tied in. I don't know if I see Rhodey being offed since he's the logical replacement for Stark when RDJ leaves the franchise, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened, either. He's not as significant a character as the Maximoffs by a long stretch in the comics.

I can't see Rhodey (Don Cheadle) carrying the Iron Man franchise, I think Marvel knows they'll make a lot more money recasting Tony Stark or just making an Iron Man 4 instead of making a War Machine movie.

I would have loved a WarMachine film, but unfortunately he's just not very interesting in the MCU, I wish Terrance Howard was still Rhodey, I think he had the charisma to carry on the franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see a lot of Marvel characters being recast if need-be--including Captain America and Thor. But RDJ is so distinctive. If they recast Stark, I think they would need to fundamentally change his personality. Which I would be OK with, but it would be ballsy on Marvel's part.

Iron Man HT will still sell, even though it aint Downey whose under the helmet. Just banking on the Asian mecha collectors alone. Just look at transformers.

I think Hemsworth is a great Thor, if only his movies were better and his costume wasn't so ugly, and make him get rid of that dumb stubble :lol

If they were to recast him, I don't know who my pick would be.

Clay Mathews? :dunno :lol

Hydeous makes a good point. Merchandising has gotta be a huge consideration with these movies, and Iron Man is a cash cow. That's why I've assumed Rhodey will replace him if RDJ leaves, though it's possible there will be some other means of keeping the Iron Man train rolling along.

I think Hemsworth is a great Thor, if only his movies were better and his costume wasn't so ugly, and make him get rid of that dumb stubble :lol

If they were to recast him, I don't know who my pick would be.

Clay Mathews? :dunno :lol
Big, handsome blonde guy with some charisma. There are probably dozens of unknowns who could fit that bill, though I agree that Hemsworth is doing a great job.

Wait, recast what!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Whedon wanted the Maximoff twins because Wanda was the only one who could beat Ultron and her powers were something no one has really seen yet.
I seriously doubt they will kill anyone of the big names off. War Machine won't be killed off since he and Falcon are the only black characters so far, you know someone will stir negative controversy accusing them of racism. Rhodey is a good character they just should have cast a badass instead of nice guy Howard and gentlemanly Cheadle. Marvel has invested a lot into building these characters and this universe and I don't see them casting them aside easily. Renner is supposedly getting a bigger part in Cap 3. I don't see Evans being written out anytime soon. The last film made a huge subplot of his love life, they aren't going to get him laid then kill him. I don't know how confused the movie audience will get at someone else (not Rogers) as Cap since not everyone is as **** as comic fans. If Bucky takes over I would imagine Evans would have to be right alongside him in the same film doing some other job.
I can see after A3, Thor may be off world to deal with cosmic post Thanos stuff. Downey will likely reduce his part to cameos but I can't see him closing the door since there are so many creative possibilities.
Hulk is always a wild card since as Hulk he doesn't work and play well with others so he may not always be an avenger. It really won't be hard to explain absences and Marvel has shown that they just want this universe to keep growing so they won't see a need to thin it out or shrink it. I think the biggest problem will be finding bigger and bigger threats for future team movies. Unless they battle the Celestials lol,

I see that after the events of AOU and the Maximoff Twins "joining forces" with the Avengers, that they will just likely thank the team and wander off to go do their own thing. I think they're going to play the "Gypsy" card and have them just be this pair of wandering mutants...err..."gifted" people. It allows the characters to "move on" and gives them the excuse of not being involved in future movies because they're out there doing their own thing.

I actually think if a character is killed...which hopefully one isn't after the Coulson resurrection (just like the comics....c'mon Marvel!), you have Scarlet Witch right there to 'revive' them with her reality-warping powers.

Back