Premium Format Captain Rex Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's one ex on eBay for 350.00 free shipping. I'm amazed at how many ex are now cheaper buying it from Ebay then ss. Mine cost me like 380.00 shipped. err

Last edited:
There's one ex on eBay for 350.00 free shipping. I'm amazed at how many ex are now cheaper buying it from SS. Mine cost me like 380.00 shipped. err

That's collecting for you. Come to terms with you will sometimes pay more and sometimes pay less. The sooner you realize and accept this, the better off you'll be.

Scored one of these in a trade recently. Love it. Definitely worth the pickup.

8747173320_cdc86765b3_b.jpg

8747173880_742cc11ee0_b.jpg

I saw in a pic that that the pistols are separate from the holsters has anyone tried fixing one of the pistols into the hand that hold the grenade belt?

Hopefully gonna get this this week :)

There's one ex on eBay for 350.00 free shipping. I'm amazed at how many ex are now cheaper buying it from Ebay then ss. Mine cost me like 380.00 shipped. err

Well the EX on this one is lame, so no one is going to be paying top dollar for it when the reg is still in stock.

Yeah, a "pistol" hand is all this statue really needed and not having it is why I passed on it. How do you not give Rex that?

Yeah, a "pistol" hand is all this statue really needed and not having it is why I passed on it. How do you not give Rex that?

They should also have added a Phase 2 helmet. Not doing so was a big mistake, in my opinion. Then I would have bought it instantly. Now I haven't and I won't ever.

Yes, why is SS so adamant on Phase I Rex? I skipped this one and the 1/6 because it wasn't a Phase II.

Yes, why is SS so adamant on Phase I Rex? I skipped this one and the 1/6 because it wasn't a Phase II.

It's really a good question. It was really a missed opportunity on their part. I've said this numerous times, but seriously, if they had added a Phase II helmet. This could have been one of my favorite statues, and I would for sure have added him.

To me, the P2 helmet just adds a lot more character. It also bridges on to the OT since it looks a lot like the Stormtrooper buckets.

It's basically the one and only reason I did not get this piece.

I don't think it's really a missed opportunity but rather a case of SS being able to double dip later. A lot of people want the Phase II version, plus I'm sure this was in development way before Phase II Rex even appeared on the show.

What worries me is that it's taken over 6-7 years for another Fett/Vader PF so I'm hoping the same isn't true for P2 Rex.

Issue: Captain Rex PF Exclusive

First of, my apologies if this was supposed to be posted elsewhere. I searched for "Captain Rex PF" thread and couldn't fine one.

I recently obtained a SSC Exclusive PF Captain Rex, and upon unboxing it, I was shocked and confused to find it in gray-blusih armor as supposed to it's common white, that I've seen on numerous review videos and photos. Here's a picture with my other PF SW troopers' helmets on top of the statue, for comparison.

Has anyone ever experienced anything similar, where a primary paint layer/coat was missed or skipped and not caught in QA? I understand that these statues are individually crafted/painted, but this clearly is not a case of individuality--the white paint layer is imply missing. It's also missing the brown sand-particle effects on his boots. I will take more picture once I decide whether or not I should assemble it, but hopefully this picture will help start the conversation.

Thank you all in advance, for your thoughtful and professional opinion/feedback.

rex-weird.jpg

Re: Issue: Captain Rex PF Exclusive

I believe this is the way he comes..

But in the videos he looks a lot more white. My iPhone is not doing good job in capturing the bluish/grayish hue. In person it's a lot darker.

Here's a screen shot from The Big Bang Theory, you can see he's not white like the Storm Trooper next to him..

BBT04.png

Thank you, dan350zr; for finding and sharing that picture. Yes, you're right, that looks like mine. But if you look at this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWpiKNwJIyU it looks white. I'm starting to think maybe there was a bad batch, where one was white the other that blueish-gray color.

That video also has a nice bright light above him to help blowout the whites even more.

Based on the image you showed and images of Rex on SS's site...looks the same to me.

Back