eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after talking to the efx guy he told me the ones who paid in full already should receive there shield by late aug, early sept., then those that put deposits will get theres after and then it will go to venders. Again this is what he told me and he said that the ones who paid in full have already been charged so it sounds about right. As for the IM helemet I was told it would be around 600-700 and should do up for pre order around sept. The capt. helmet as you can see is still in its early production so we wont see a PO till late next year they say, maybe longer. As for the blue shield and battle damaged capt shield those should be going up next year as well. Hope this helps guys.

Last edited:
as much as I love the battle damaged shield I think the regular one will be good enough for me, lol I already have the heater so this one will probably be my last one, unless someone makes a better one.

So after talking to the efx guy he told me the ones who paid in full already should receive there shield by late aug, early sept., then those that put deposits will get theres after and then it will go to venders. Again this is what he told me and he said that the ones who paid in full have already been charged so it sounds about right. As for the IM helemet I was told it would be around 600-700 and should do up for pre order around sept. The capt. helmet as you can see is still in its early production so we wont see a PO till late next year they say, maybe longer. As for the blue shield and battle damaged capt shield those should be going up next year as well. Hope this helps guys.

so these have a while yet before they actually get fully released

Honestly, it's so hard to believe these guys at eFx. I really wish it was true about the battle damaged shield, but why would they only put them for pre-order next year (by the time they ship it will be late 2015/early 2016). Why not keep the ball rolling and just produce them NOW!? You just finished a batch o regular shields, all it takes is a different paint job.

Seriously, there is no hope for this company. :ohbfrank:

Honestly, it's so hard to believe these guys at eFx. I really wish it was true about the battle damaged shield, but why would they only put them for pre-order next year (by the time they ship it will be late 2015/early 2016). Why not keep the ball rolling and just produce them NOW!? You just finished a batch o regular shields, all it takes is a different paint job.

Well from what he said they have to finish the final approval of the two new shields, right now all they have is the prototype. once that is done they they have to have em made, this I guess takes a lot of time and then finally they go on pre order, from what he said it will be 1500 of each, just like the regular one. Again Im going off what he said so take from it what you will.

so these have a while yet before they actually get fully released

unless you got it directly from efx, I would say you probably wont get yours until late sept, early oct. if your lucky. But who knows, it might be faster but I don't really see it being that way.

Well from what he said they have to finish the final approval of the two new shields, right now all they have is the prototype. once that is done they they have to have em made, this I guess takes a lot of time and then finally they go on pre order, from what he said it will be 1500 of each, just like the regular one. Again Im going off what he said so take from it what you will.

They say this all the time... it's always the same story with eFx. We first saw these props back in 2012... can you imagine what would happen if everything that we buy too that long to get made? Avengers 3 is coming next year and half these aren't done.

Just out of curiosity, did they mention anything about the Loki helmet or about any GotG props?

I got to defend efx here. Marvel is one of the worst companies to work with regarding licensing. My friends works with them and they have a lot of rules you have to follow.

They say this all the time... it's always the same story with eFx. We first saw these props back in 2012... can you imagine what would happen if everything that we buy too that long to get made? Avengers 3 is coming next year and half these aren't done.

Just out of curiosity, did they mention anything about the Loki helmet or about any GotG props?

Honestly I didn't ask, but im guessing it a ways down the road, the loki helmet did look pretty good. As for our shields I really think they will be starting to ship by q4 this year, im hoping for late aug but it will probably be September. I mean if there charging people in full for the item it would have to be in the near future cuz if not then I see a lot of people asking for refunds.

I got to defend efx here. Marvel is one of the worst companies to work with regarding licensing. My friends works with them and they have a lot of rules you have to follow.

What's their excuse for star wars? It's not the one man company's fault?

I got so sick of their star wars delays. I got 2 NRDs refunded from them. The products actually came out years later though!

I believe they should not take the license if they can't produce enough product. Let someone else have it.

Last edited:

:exactly: This has late 2015 written all over it by the time it gets to vendors. And that's the first shield of the bunch :rotfl

Nope not the reason. Other licensees - take ANOVOS and UD Replicas for example - can get approved by Marvel, Lucasfilm, Disney, and any other PITA licensing companies and roll out their products in a reasonable time frame. Meanwhile eFX is notorious for not only falling behind schedule but also poor customer communication. The real reason is because Bryan and his staff are simply overwhelmed and I suspect they don't have the infrastructure nor capital to expand their operation fast enough to keep up with demand.

The reality is we all put up with it because when their product does roll out of the factory, it's more often than not simply stunning.

Nope not the reason. Other licensees - take ANOVOS and UD Replicas for example - can get approved by Marvel, Lucasfilm, Disney, and any other PITA licensing companies and roll out their products in a reasonable time frame. Meanwhile eFX is notorious for not only falling behind schedule but also poor customer communication. The real reason is because Bryan and his staff are simply overwhelmed and I suspect they don't have the infrastructure nor capital to expand their operation fast enough to keep up with demand.

The reality is we all put up with it because when their product does roll out of the factory, it's more often than not simply stunning.

:exactly: if it wasn't for there amazing final products I think efx would be in big trouble, of course with that much of a delay it should be amazing :lol

Saw the eFX shield at SDCC and it's pretty nice. The model they had on the floor must've been handled quite a bit because it was on the floor...literally and looked like it had some scratches and dings. I was allowed to pick it up and it has a little weight to it. Very nice and impressive piece.

One thing I didn't like though is there is a light black wash of circular lines along the red and silver/white parts. These travel in circular rings around the shield but they're pretty apparent up close. But if this is on the Hero Prop then it's likely on eFX's shield as well.

Saw the eFX shield at SDCC and it's pretty nice. The model they had on the floor must've been handled quite a bit because it was on the floor...literally and looked like it had some scratches and dings. I was allowed to pick it up and it has a little weight to it. Very nice and impressive piece.

One thing I didn't like though is there is a light black wash of circular lines along the red and silver/white parts. These travel in circular rings around the shield but they're pretty apparent up close. But if this is on the Hero Prop then it's likely on eFX's shield as well.

is it worth the $600 price tag?

The real reason is because Bryan and his staff are simply overwhelmed and I suspect they don't have the infrastructure nor capital to expand their operation fast enough to keep up with demand.

:exactly: :goodpost: :clap

Damn, well said... you nailed it.

Back