eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does EFX has such a horribly long wait of bringing things into production? I mean isn't sometimes timing of a movie part of the hype of getting product sold parallel to release? I know that's why SS was pushing for the PF statue even though they didn't have a prototype to show at the time. Are they a bit cheap in hiring extra great personnel to help move these things along? It's almost like they aren't too interested in making these replicas for other people, but sure love showing off what they have that hasn't been for preorder in a long time since announcing a license and having already shown work in progresses.

Are they a bit cheap in hiring extra great personnel to help move these things along?

Actually, I think that's a big part of the problem. It's my understanding that this company is almost single highhandedly being run by Bryan Ono, the owner. When you write eFx an email it's Bryan that replies (well, if he ever replies at all). When it comes to dealing with payments it's Bryan that arranges everything. Bryan is the one doing the shipping as well.

During the conventions he even helps set up the efx booth. :lol

Actually, I think that's a big part of the problem. It's my understanding that this company is almost single highhandedly being run by Bryan Ono, the owner. When you write eFx an email it's Bryan that replies (well, if he ever replies at all). When it comes to dealing with payments it's Bryan that arranges everything. Bryan is the one doing the shipping as well.

During the conventions he even helps set up the efx booth. :lol

Yeah I believe DF is correct. It's pretty much a one man show and he's probably had to learn a lot of the business side of things through experience, i.e. customer service and production times. Personally I think he is getting better with the production times because he now knows when to solicit an item for PO in relation to when it could be released. It's already farther along than just say the initial stages of development.

I think we'll be seeing the shield pretty soon actually, at least I hope that's the case.

Some paid over $1500 for pre-order EFX shield, when it seemed they were no where to be had. Keep in mind, a licensed, limited edition protects your coin, not to mention a quality product, of which we know EFX always produces. King Arts is a Chinese knock-off, unlicensed and thus no quality control. Their value will never increase as opposed to the EFX version.
Buy wisely.
There is a ton of international demand for this item too, so if any come to market, they will be snatched up.

Some paid over $1500 for pre-order EFX shield, when it seemed they were no where to be had. Keep in mind, a licensed, limited edition protects your coin, not to mention a quality product, of which we know EFX always produces. King Arts is a Chinese knock-off, unlicensed and thus no quality control. Their value will never increase as opposed to the EFX version.
Buy wisely.
There is a ton of international demand for this item too, so if any come to market, they will be snatched up.

Are the King Arts shields unlicensed? I doubt they would be able to sell them so openly and through legitimate resellers and companies.

I agree though, IMO eFx is the way to go overall. You know you're getting an A+ product through and through. The only advantage KA has is the material since most ppl want aluminum over fiberglass.

See are people also noticing shipping on the ka shield is over $100? Shipping for my efx shield is $30.

I feel bad for the guy who paid $1500 on one shield . I bought two for less and have roughly $200 more in my pockets...

Point is I want my damn shield already!!!

See are people also noticing shipping on the ka shield is over $100? Shipping for my efx shield is $30.

I feel bad for the guy who paid $1500 on one shield . I bought two for less and have roughly $200 more in my pockets...

Point is I want my damn shield already!!!

Yeah shipping seems really expensive for the KA shields. I wonder if that will hold up.

People should be more patient and wait till it's closer to release or actual release before plunking down the huge moolah. There will always be cancellations, unforeseen circumstances, etc.

Yeah shipping seems really expensive for the KA shields. I wonder if that will hold up.

People should be more patient and wait till it's closer to release or actual release before plunking down the huge moolah. There will always be cancellations, unforeseen circumstances, etc.

We have to be paying some of the International shipping for the shields to get to the retailer. Efx is in CA so were not paying international rates on shipping.

Those wall stands and shield stands are pretty big. I don't think people are taking that into consideration. Add that size to the weight of a metal shield and the result is an expensive shipping.

Those wall stands and shield stands are pretty big. I don't think people are taking that into consideration. Add that size to the weight of a metal shield and the result is an expensive shipping.

Yeah that's true.

Are you getting a KA shield DF?

No, but only because I have a custom one coming from someone from the RPF. I will however pre-order some of their other props.

Ah, that's cool. Yeah, some of their other stuff looks pretty good, might have to bite.

Here's the question we should really be talking about in this thread... Is the eFX shield really getting released next month or are we going to have to wait 2 years like the Thor Mjolnir & Helmet?

Back