The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 'The Last of Us' - new IP from Naughty Dog

MGR and MGS4 are pretty frigging pretty as it is, I don't know how they could improve upon them further. Speaking of MGS4, it's got 6 years on it but still looks very comparable to today's standards.

Indeed they are, but here's the shocker- MGS4 was running at a native 544p due to the high poly models and was merely upscaled to 720p/1080i/p. The framerate was also unlocked, going from 40fps to 20 something depending on what's on screen. As great as it is, a native 1080p of the textures and locked 60fps would be great!

MGR ran at a targeted 60 fps (hence the lower quality graphics) but dips way below that on so many occasions, particularly boss fights and when there's to much going on on screen. The anti-aliasing used was also poor in order to target the 60fps gameplay. The PC version fixed this unsuprisingly due to the much better hardware. Heck, the objects you cut don't immediately disappear on screen due to the better ram.

Both MGS4 and MGR are fine as it it, but a PS4 port would would be much welcomed since Tomb Raider and TLOU are doing it. I'd love to see games lke Uncharted, Batman, Heavy Rain, Beyond two Souls, GTAV, get the same treatment.

Just look at MGS3 HD compared to the PS2 original in terms of performance.

No to Batman; **** no to Batman. I've already attained 100% completion/a Platinum trophy for Arkham Asylum twice, and I'm working toward my second Platinum/100% completion on Arkham City (I'm doing it for the account that I'll port over to PS4 when I get one). End of the day, I've beat both games probably over 8 times in the past 5 years. I don't know if I'll have any more in me after this next run is over (since I intend to do all of the Catwoman, Robin, Nightwing Challenges, as well), and I know I'd be too weak to resist seeing those games rendered for Next-Gen.:lol

Indeed they are, but here's the shocker- MGS4 was running at a native 544p due to the high poly models and was merely upscaled to 720p/1080i/p. The framerate was also unlocked, going from 40fps to 20 something depending on what's on screen. As great as it is, a native 1080p of the textures and locked 60fps would be great!

MGR ran at a targeted 60 fps (hence the lower quality graphics) but dips way below that on so many occasions, particularly boss fights and when there's to much going on on screen. The anti-aliasing used was also poor in order to target the 60fps gameplay. The PC version fixed this unsuprisingly due to the much better hardware. Heck, the objects you cut don't immediately disappear on screen due to the better ram.

Both MGS4 and MGR are fine as it it, but a PS4 port would would be much welcomed since Tomb Raider and TLOU are doing it. I'd love to see games lke Uncharted, Batman, Heavy Rain, Beyond two Souls, GTAV, get the same treatment.

Just look at MGS3 HD compared to the PS2 original in terms of performance.

I guess you got a point there. PS3 definitely has the edge in that video, it looks more vivid.

We’re pleased to announce the third and final drop in The Last of Us season pass. Here’s a rundown of what’s in the Grounded Bundle.

New trophies and a mix of single player and multiplayer content await you in this DLC drop. Grounded Mode will be the hardest challenge you’ll ever face as you try to complete the single player campaign of The Last of Us. The AI is relentless, smart, and brutal and survival will be near impossible. “Completed Grounded Mode” might be one of the most difficult trophies you’ll ever earn.

https://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_grounded_bundle_and_season_pass_end

Tm6ba2D.jpg

Al of this newly released
DLC is going to be in the PS4 version right?

And when is the new difficulty mode going to be available again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm debating whether to play Grounded Mode now with the DLC or just wait for the PS4 version since it's only a couple months away.

I'm debating whether to play Grounded Mode now with the DLC or just wait for the PS4 version since it's only a couple months away.

Playing on the PS3 might be a better bet, because if it causes you to throw your controller at the wall in frustration, you won't waste an expensive Dualshock 4.

That limited footage has been dissected to death, but my untrained eye is really struggling to find any noteworthy differences so far. I'm sure once we see the game in action with its new lighting/shadow/textures and (most importantly) 60 fps, it will be a different story, though.

That limited footage has been dissected to death, but my untrained eye is really struggling to find any noteworthy differences so far. I'm sure once we see the game in action with its new lighting/shadow/textures and (most importantly) 60 fps, it will be a different story, though.

Yeah - I chalked it up to Youtube videos maybe not being the best venue for things like this, but the whole time I've been a bit "?" about the differences. I'm not great with this stuff to begin with - there were times where I was actually unsure of which comparison shot was PS3 or PS4. But on a big TV, being in the game, with smoother animation... that's when it will truly shine.

biggest difference will be the higher resolution and framerate. The other stuff we'll have to see how much they work to improve, it does look like a few things have modeling changes and texture changes but from only a single shot we can't tell much about it.

I wish its possible but did they mention any cross platform multiplayer for this?

Cool, stylistic Joel sculpt by Alvaro Bravo. Has an awesome 'concept art' vibe to it.

Back