The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 'The Last of Us' - new IP from Naughty Dog

What jumps out at me most is the draw distance. TLOU on PS3 really squeezed every ounce out of the hardware in terms of shadows, textures and lighting.

I've had this game collecting dust since Christmas Eve. I really need to get around to playing it. :lol

the thing i wanna see are the facial captures during the game ..

they were Good in the PS3 no doubt .. but they are a bit blurry "Like when Joel Chokes a Guy, the expression of both guys" with the next gen ver, i'll see it crystal clear

I'm really interested in seeing just how much more visually impressive it can be, I just can't wrap my mind around the idea it can look even better than it did.

I'm really interested in seeing just how much more visually impressive it can be, I just can't wrap my mind around the idea it can look even better than it did.

Even with better AA, higher resolutions and locked framerate is more than enough to blow the Ps3 version out of the water yet we're hearing about redrawn textures. Wow!

While TLOU had the PS3 strengths in mind, the cutscenes were rendered using in game assets with heavy post processing hence why they weren't in real time. If I had to guess, that's the bare minimum target quality of the visuals at the very least.

A 60fps video demo of Uncharted 3 was leaked few years ago, it looked better then sex.

A 60fps video demo of Uncharted 3 was leaked few years ago, it looked better then sex.

4994135+_f63f498f2d7fa4748a9828ca8f47ab39.jpg

Even with better AA, higher resolutions and locked framerate is more than enough to blow the Ps3 version out of the water yet we're hearing about redrawn textures. Wow!

While TLOU had the PS3 strengths in mind, the cutscenes were rendered using in game assets with heavy post processing hence why they weren't in real time. If I had to guess, that's the bare minimum target quality of the visuals at the very least.

ND was right to call this a "Remastered" version of TLOU. It looks brilliant.

It's kind of sad, but I haven't truly experienced 60 FPS gaming. Even my PC runs around 30 to 40 FPS.

one of my fav games of all time is the Silent Hill game for PSONE; that had to be like 10 fps....!!! 30-40 is pretty good to me, but yeah, if 60 fps became the true standard, then awesome

Well okay. And then did you know that 60fps is a..

Hey!

ND was right to call this a "Remastered" version of TLOU. It looks brilliant.

It's kind of sad, but I haven't truly experienced 60 FPS gaming. Even my PC runs around 30 to 40 FPS.

Wait, no way your PC can't run at least some last gen games in 60 fps. Is V-synch always on? Maybe you should set it to "adaptive" and lower some AA settings.

As for PS3 games, the MGSHD collection ran at 60fps, it's more noticeable in MGS3 and PW where MGS3 ran somewhere between 15-30 fps on PS2 and PW ran at a locked 20fps on PSP. Rising ran at 60fps too, but frames were dropped during intense scenes.

one of my fav games of all time is the Silent Hill game for PSONE; that had to be like 10 fps....!!! 30-40 is pretty good to me, but yeah, if 60 fps became the true standard, then awesome

Agreed. I love the first 3 Silent Hill, and Silent Hill 3 ran at 60fps with 4K supported resolutions on PC, I guess Team Silent really thought ahead.

I think 60fps is never a necessity in gaming, it's a luxury. If we can have it, by all means yes.

sh3 with 4k supported resolutions? Really? that came out in 2004 or so.....

Yeah, I'm no PC gamer but the game has built in 4K resolution even when it came out, and we're not talking about just the output resolutions but rather the in-game textures themselves could be rendered in 4K! Definitely way ahead of it's time.

There's a simple mod to change the aspect ratio and together with high AA, locked V sync and 60fps, you're getting one hell of an experience. The only problem is tracking down a copy of the PC version, they were a hot commodity ever since the HD Collection disaster. I was lucky I got a brand new copy for dirt cheap few years ago because the seller didn't know such an old game was in high demand.

https://forums.gametrailers.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1364124

Yeah, I'm no PC gamer but the game has built in 4K resolution even when it came out, and we're not talking about just the output resolutions but rather the in-game textures themselves could be rendered in 4K! Definitely way ahead of it's time.

There's a simple mod to change the aspect ratio and together with high AA, locked V sync and 60fps, you're getting one hell of an experience. The only problem is tracking down a copy of the PC version, they were a hot commodity ever since the HD Collection disaster. I was lucky I got a brand new copy for dirt cheap few years ago because the seller didn't know such an old game was in high demand.

https://forums.gametrailers.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1364124

Yeah Amazon has a copy for $17 - awesome. may check it out, thanks

Back