THX 1138 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVILFACE

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since SS has the SW license, maybe they can get the license for some THX 1138 figures. THX, LUH, SEN some Officers would rule.

What's wrong?

Howard the Duck, now there's a movie! I'm one of the few who did like THX-1138, but I don't have any interest in figures.

I like the movie also, so don't feel bad. It reminds me of Blade Runner in how far it was ahead of its time. I wouldn't buy products from it, though.

If you have the 2 disc DVD, Electronic Labyrinth THX 1138 4EB is pretty cool to watch also. It really shows where Lucas's creative mind comes from.

elwood49 said:
I like the movie also, so don't feel bad. It reminds me of Blade Runner in how far it was ahead of its time. I wouldn't buy products from it, though.

If you have the 2 disc DVD, Electronic Labyrinth THX 1138 4EB is pretty cool to watch also. It really shows where Lucas's creative mind comes from.

I agree, it was ahead of it's time. Lucas is definitely a visionary. Unfortunately, with the exception of American Graffiti and A New Hope, it also show what a mediocre director he is.

And once again I'd like to say that I want Blade Runner figures. Please.

Batty said:
I agree, it was ahead of it's time. Lucas is definitely a visionary. Unfortunately, with the exception of American Graffiti and A New Hope, it also show what a mediocre director he is.

And once again I'd like to say that I want Blade Runner figures. Please.

I think mediocre is a bit harsh... He has his stregnths and weeknesses as do all directors.

But I would like to add my voice to the Blade Runner figures are needed chorus.

It's a no brainer Indy all the way. Also I liked THX.

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?"

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I liked THX 1138, but if I had a choose for a new licence, it would be BLADE RUNNER. Definitely NOT Indiana Jones.

Agreed. Indy is definitely something anyone who ever liked the films [not me] has already bashed, customized or found a version of. No offense intended to Indy fans, I'll just always see him as Solo.
Now, Blade Runner, Mad Max, Logan's Run, V....they have great potential to deliver figures we've not seen before!!

gdb said:
I think mediocre is a bit harsh... He has his stregnths and weeknesses as do all directors.
Don't get me wrong, I love George. When it comes to story and vision few have him beat. But he's only directed a total of 6 or 7 films. He's mainly a producer and writer. I'm sure a lot of people would agree that he should have let other directors handle the prequels like he did with ESB and ROTJ.

Did I mention that I'd like some Blade Runner figures? Please.

I don't know how the Blade Runner merchandising rights work, but billionaire Jerry Perenchio has been sitting on the movie rights for ages. He's the single reason why there hasn't been a new DVD released. Nobody can bride him with money either, for obvious reasons. I don't know the whole story behind it, but he just hates the film.

Ridley Scott wants to do a 3 disc BR set badly with 3 different cuts, but Warner Bros. can't release it for legal reasons. The only cut they have rights to is the Director's Cut.

I think work has begun on a new 2 disc Director's Cut set slated in 2007 for the 25th anniversary, but nothing is ever certain with the way that the BR rights are handled.

I've never read it personally, but the book "Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner" by Paul Sammon is supposed to be the bible on all things Blade Runner. It's been on my "to read" list for quite some time. Maybe someone who has read it can chime in as to whether or not Perenchio owns the merchandising as well.

elwood49 said:
I've never read it personally, but the book "Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner" by Paul Sammon is supposed to be the bible on all things Blade Runner. It's been on my "to read" list for quite some time. Maybe someone who has read it can chime in as to whether or not Perenchio owns the merchandising as well.

It is an excellent read for anyone who loves movies. I don't remember if it said anything about who owns merchandising rights. It probably is Perenchio, who does hate the movie. He hated Ridley Scott so much that he tried to remove him as director. Let's just hope one day the 3 disc DVD gets released. I don't know if we'll ever see domestic merchandising.

FYI: For the "happy" ending version the car driving through the country-side was extra footage from The Shining.

We should start a Blade Runner tread, if there isn't one.

Batty said:
Don't get me wrong, I love George. When it comes to story and vision few have him beat. But he's only directed a total of 6 or 7 films. He's mainly a producer and writer. I'm sure a lot of people would agree that he should have let other directors handle the prequels like he did with ESB and ROTJ.

Did I mention that I'd like some Blade Runner figures? Please.

I would suggest that the problems with Phantom Menace and AOTC are mainly script related. In my book, American Graffiti, A New Hope, and ROTS, on their own, earn him deep respect as a director.

But that's not important. What's important is how are we gonna get Blade Runner figures?? Hot Heads (I think) sell custom heads that fit on Dragon bodies, but that leaves the clothes and weapons... Do you suppose we could get anyone at Sideshow to create custom figures we could buy?

gdb said:
In my book, American Graffiti, A New Hope, and ROTS, on their own, earn him deep respect as a director.

Agreed!

But that's not important. What's important is how are we gonna get Blade Runner figures?? Hot Heads (I think) sell custom heads that fit on Dragon bodies, but that leaves the clothes and weapons... Do you suppose we could get anyone at Sideshow to create custom figures we could buy?

I'm hoping to pick one of these up on eBay. It's not an official Blade Runner figure, but we all know who it is. And it looks pretty damned good.

Batty said:
I'm hoping to pick one of these up on eBay. It's not an official Blade Runner figure, but we all know who it is. And it looks pretty damned good.

I actually have one of those in storage somewhere. I was planning on putting him up on eBay one of these days. He's a great figure - I really love the coat - but without friends or enemies, I couldn't figure out how to display him.

Back