Balrog Statue - worth $500?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judgepup

Super Freak
Reaction score
Found one for sale in "near mint" condition. The big daddy. It's a spectacular piece. Just want to know, from any owners out there, if it's worth the premium pricetag. What do you think?

That is a GREAT price mate! I say go for it!!

Or if you don't want it you can tell me where to get it :D:D

thanks for your input, all. There is a crack on the right wing claw. There is a picture of the blemish but I can't really notice it. And I misspoke - bidding starts at $500 on a 3 day auction. I put a bid in, just hope the guys not a thief.

good luck if you do get it for only $500. (keeping fingers crossed for you)

well already at $1500... plus I noticed the whip is not attached to the wing in the pics.

may not be possible anymore due to that crack. I remember sweating BULLETS when I bent the whip back on mine and there was quite a bit of pressure on the whip to bend it that far back so it would attach...

Beren

I do not even display my Balrog with the whip. I know how clummsey I am. I am scared I'll break it.
RalsRoom2023.jpg

thanks for your input, all. There is a on the right wing claw. There is a picture of the blemish but I can't really notice it. And I misspoke - bidding starts at $500 on a 3 day auction. I put a bid in, just hope the guys not a thief.

A better rule of thumb isn't to come on a public message board and talk about an item you are bidding on; but that was a low starting price.

:monkey3

It would never have sold for anywhere near $500, unless it was seriously mislabled or something.

True enough, and I didn't mean to come across as an ass; it's just a pet peeve on my end when people post auction links (or mention good eBay deals) before they are over.

True enough, and I didn't mean to come across as an ass; it's just a pet peeve on my end when people post auction links (or mention good eBay deals) before they are over.

:lecture
Not an ass for thinking this way

what i find really funny is that sellers actually put any starting bid on something of this nature, since as long as it's labeled properly it's not going to get given away for $499.
these will always bring $1500 + depending on the condition, and mint ones very rarely go for less than $2000

so as i started to say in the start, by having a starting bid of $500 all it did was cost the seller more in listing fees. though it's not that much, but still a waste never the less.

Yeah, but you never know...I know sometimes I have trouble listing stuff on eBay starting at a low price...Thinking that "It'll be just my luck that this will only go for half of what it's usually worth..". So, I guess this guy was just making sure he would get at least his money back,and a little extra...(if he purchased it new). What did they ORIGINALLY go for?? $300, or something?

Yeah, originally $300.

If you arrange it so your auction ends at a good time on the weekend, it will greatly help your chances of it ending at a decent price. Along with great pictures and with professional looking text...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back