Balrog Statue - worth $500?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

BLA...BLA...BLA

pic9.jpg

Thanks,
Mike

Did I ever tell you how much I HATE you!!!! :banghead

Yeah, that was me. There was a second auction as well and caught up in eBay fever and not wanting to come away empty handed... I won both o_O. Maybe I'll use them as bookends or something - j/k ;). I thought the deal was pretty good in for piece listed in this quote. I paid a bit more for the other... Damn, this all started a few years ago with me wanting just the SS Alien dio and then me thinking "well i'll just get the rest of the dios" - fast forward a bit and I'm about 10 pieces deep - various formats across different IPs and another seven or so on preorder. From what I know about addiction, this fits the bill! Damn you Sideshow and your sublimely awesome polystone!

Yeah, that was me. There was a second auction as well and caught up in eBay fever and not wanting to come away empty handed... I won both o_O. Maybe I'll use them as bookends or something - j/k ;). I thought the deal was pretty good in for piece listed in this quote. I paid a bit more for the other... Damn, this all started a few years ago with me wanting just the SS Alien dio and then me thinking "well i'll just get the rest of the dios" - fast forward a bit and I'm about 10 pieces deep - various formats across different IPs and another seven or so on preorder. From what I know about addiction, this fits the bill! Damn you Sideshow and your sublimely awesome polystone!

WOW that’s a dam good price for Daddy Rog!!!! I would have gladly paid that, but seeing that I have the 2nd edition of the Rog and now patiently waiting for the Gandalf/Rog dio I don’t think I will ever get one now. The Ebay fever wasn’t that bad in this auction as it was only really 2 serious people bidding, in the past I have seen with it as much as 15+ bidders!!

Tell me about the SS fever, as you are now a Sideshow Freak my friend!! I started with ONLY wanting the ML/Fell Beast SSW statue and I have some 20+ statues, really don’t know how many busts and a completed helm line and a few medallions with many various LOTR swords, one very cool and nice autographed ROTK movie poster and now have a RR Dio on pre-order. Will it ever end, probably not as the Gandalf/Rog Dio was supposed to be my sunset piece in my LOTR collection, that was until I saw the RR dio, now I am in again………………….Oh well, it’s a circle no start and defiantly NO end, THANKS SIDESHOW!!!!!

hey there mike,

any inside info. of when we're getting the next LOTR PF?(witchking, saruman or maybe a ringwraith?)

shoot me a pm i won't tell, thanks.:monkey3:D

yeah the wraith dio is freaking awsome.! :rock

LOL, I have no idea what's next. I find out about this stuff the
same time you guys do. LOL.

Thanks,
Mike

yeah pretty cheap, but already damaged and no original packaging :horror:horror

i hope he arrives with no further damage. i've seen first hand how them "PROFESSIONAL" packagers ship stuff, and let's just say they might as well just taken the statue and threw it out the car window, as they drove by my house.:mad:

either way i hope the best for you that he arrives in good condition.
post pics as soon as you can.
:peace

I was late in the game...and I must admit...this is a beauty. I would have pre-ordered it back then....but oh well.... Congrat to all who owns one...

I would have paid that, and to me no packaging doesn't matter as i'd be unlikely to re-sell, as long as it gets the price down!

Hi Everyone,

I remember I missed this when it first came out and paid alot of money to get one. As for the whip, I found the Trilogy Film Frames serve as a great stabilizer so the whip doesn't fall out. LOL. I've had it displayed this way for 3 years now without any problems.

pic9.jpg

Thanks,
Mike

Look how TB just towers over all.

I would have paid that, and to me no packaging doesn't matter as i'd be unlikely to re-sell, as long as it gets the price down!

yeah but the problem is shipping without the customized styrofoam to keep the statue in place. This statue has many finer points that can easily break off.

If the statue arrives without any damage, you'll be LUCKY.

Beren

The first one arrives Friday so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I can't believe people paid $2k for that little Balrog. I always thought it was bigger.

i hope he arrives with no further damage. i've seen first hand how them "PROFESSIONAL" packagers ship stuff, and let's just say they might as well just taken the statue and threw it out the car window, as they drove by my house.:mad:

I'm sure it varies quite a bit. I bought a Greedo life size bust from someone who didn't have the original box or packaging, and so they took it to the UPS store to have them pack it. They did a phenomenal job. If you've ever seen that bust you know that it has dozens of little spines that are very fragile, but they managed to protect them just fine. I've never seen a better packing job.

Back on topic, I don't personally think the Balrog is worth anywhere near what some people pay for it, even though it's a nice statue.

there are millions of rich people out there :)

If i was a multi-millionaire, then I would pay 5K for this guy hahaha. Fortunately, I don't love him enough to pay that much :)

I can't believe people paid $2k for that little Balrog. I always thought it was bigger.

Well boys and girls, sorry for the delay in posting the first round of pics - just got the first 'rog - and... damn it is awesome. As a quick aside (if its boring you skip to the pics) it was the this piece that clued me in on the existence of Sideshow and their wondrous creations but, alas, as a poor student, I had barely enough funds to sustain myself on Ramen noodles. Now as a full fledged anesthetist, I have some cash to burn so time to cash in the stuff I missed. So, without further ado...

n6b8fl.jpg

104ksgj.jpg

a4ms89.jpg

1t3jmf.jpg

As you can see, its in superb condtion, except...
s4wi7n.jpg

.. for the crack in the whip. And seeing as how its a bit precarious to position it up on the wing, I can see how this way have happened. Anyway, it's here and I'm happy with the purchase. Stay tuned for next episode. Same 'rog time, same 'ro- well you know. Thanks for tuning in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back