Balrog Statue - worth $500?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW that’s a dam good price for Daddy Rog!!!! I would have gladly paid that, but seeing that I have the 2nd edition of the Rog and now patiently waiting for the Gandalf/Rog dio I don’t think I will ever get one now. The Ebay fever wasn’t that bad in this auction as it was only really 2 serious people bidding, in the past I have seen with it as much as 15+ bidders!!

Tell me about the SS fever, as you are now a Sideshow Freak my friend!! I started with ONLY wanting the ML/Fell Beast SSW statue and I have some 20+ statues, really don’t know how many busts and a completed helm line and a few medallions with many various LOTR swords, one very cool and nice autographed ROTK movie poster and now have a RR Dio on pre-order. Will it ever end, probably not as the Gandalf/Rog Dio was supposed to be my sunset piece in my LOTR collection, that was until I saw the RR dio, now I am in again………………….Oh well, it’s a circle no start and defiantly NO end, THANKS SIDESHOW!!!!!

RR dio?

Don't tell me you think RingRaith is the correct spelling... :(

Hey all. Just wanted to let all who are interested know that I posted a link to an auction for one of the Balrogs in the auction section. PM me with any questions.

btw, what kinda condition did the unboxed one show up in??

Just as described... mostly - the talon on the right wing was cracked a bit, but at a short distance its not noticeable - that was in the item description. the whip has a small crack in the middle which was not disclosed but, even though it was packed well, it may have happened in transit. Given how fragile it is, I can see how it might have happened. But the rest of it looks mint.

Fraudulent sideshow lot seller on e-bay original Balrog

I was the winner of a fraudulent auction on e-bay, decided to take a chance on a zero feedback seller that offered her entire LOTR sideshow collection of 15 statues including the Original Balrog and the Cave Troll, as expected the bids did not go that high as I won the entire lot for 810 dollars, of course I suspected the seller was going to retract on selling at that price, even the shipping price of $80 was ridiculous as shipping only one of them properly packed could cost you up to $40. As expected the dream did not go too far as the seller started asking me to contact her through a different e-mail address and started asking for payment by methods other than paypal. I just wanted to warn you that her zero feedback is now a beautiful -1 and that I placed a report for fraudulent activities to e-bay. Do not get rip off by her as she just posted her lot again, once again no reserve and "PayPal accepted" and only $80 on shipping the only missing information is "Bid at your own risk that I will rip you off fast!"

Last edited:
Yes I saw the picture poster by The Josh on 09/05, he posted from Missouri, the seller has area code 606 from Hazard Kentucky. Likely she stole the images from this forum. Will let e-bay know as well

Last edited:
Ebay seller was probably them there darn Duke boys. They're never meaning no harm though.

I was going to take her auction seriously, but she kept insisting in alternate methods of communication and payment. Now that she relisted under the same conditions (short term listing, no reserve price, inexpensive shipping and worse of all, her entire sideshow lot of 15 statues) make me confirm she is not going to deliver, ever. She is just looking for the fool to trust her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back