The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
imageload

Release date: November 18th

Hardcover, 1408 pages

The Star Wars universe, much like our own, is constantly expanding. In the ten years since the publication of the Star Wars Encyclopedia --the definitive reference guide to a space fantasy phenomenon--a lot has happened in that galaxy far, far away. Four new feature films, a host of official original novels, comics, video games, and more, have introduced new characters, new lore, new events, and new revelations. We've experienced everything from the Clone Wars and the inception of the Empire to the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker and the invasion of the monstrous Yuuzhan Vong. We've witnessed the founding of the New Jedi Order and learned the history of the ancient Sith rule of two. We've met Mace Windu, Darth Maul, Queen Amidala, and Jango Fett, to name but a few.

Keeping pace with the prodigious growth of the Star Wars saga means that the ultimate sourcebook of data--culled from films, radio dramas, comics, novels, short stories, and video games--had to grow also. And now, thirty years of information on all things Star Wars --ranging from science and technology to history and geography, culture and biography to ecology and cosmology, with comprehensive entries from "abo" and "Abrax" to "Zirtran's Anchor" and "zwil"--has been supplemented with another entire decade's worth of all-new material.

Abundantly illustrated with full-color artwork and photos, and now in a new two-volume edition to accommodate its millennia-spanning wealth of detailed entries, the Star Wars Encyclopedia encompasses the full measure of George Lucas's extraordinary creation. Here are the renowned and infamous ("Luke Skywalker," "Jorus C'baoth," "Darth Vader," "Grand Moff Tarkin"), the obscure and enigmatic ("Tnun Bdu," "Captain Tycho Celchu," "Bib Fortuna"); the natives and customs of planets as diverse as Tatooine and Hoth, Dagobah and Kashyyyk; the rituals, secrets, and traditions of Jedi Knights and Sith Lords; plus, for the intensive researcher, a timeline of major events in Star Wars history. Scrupulously researched and written by leading authorities Stephen J. Sansweet, Pablo Hidalgo, Bob Vitas, Daniel Wallace, Mary Franklin, Josh Kushins, and Chris Cassidy, this landmark work is the key to a monumental mythos--and the must-have centerpiece for every Star Wars library.

Buy it from Star Wars Shop and it will be autographed by the authors. Buy it from Amazon and it's cheaper, but not eligible for Prime shipping (actually subject to a shipping surcharge either way, because it's so massive).

Since I'm not getting the Frames set, I might as well get this instead...

I've got this set ordered at amazon but I'm gonna cancel that and get it with the autos.

Wait, this isn't $5000????

They're missing the boat on making some huge money with this. Just put it in a wood box and get George Lucas to drool on it.

Wait, this isn't $5000????

They're missing the boat on making some huge money with this. Just put it in a wood box and get George Lucas to drool on it.

:rotfl :rotfl:rotfl

Shelf space is at a premium for me, even for most 'nice' things, so I will gladly stick to wookieepedia.

Hmmmm...80.00 for a pristine copy or pay an extra 30.00 to have it defiled by the authors writing all over it...

make mine 80.00.

I already have an order in for one of these as well. I had bought the original from the 90's and I still love that one.

Back