Indy IV Negative Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not! Post what you don't like. :lecture

Dude... this is such a ****** move... :mad:

EVERY other Indy thread except for our very small positive thread, is ALL about how much people hate it. Where everyone can just stew in their own fanboy juices and hate on the film all they want. No need to start yet ANOTHER thread for people to diss on the film.

This whole situation has really warped my feelings for how this board works. It's the mob mentality, once the negative ball starts rolling... everyone climbs aboard. Anyone who is in opposition to that gets rolled over or fingers start getting pointed at them. It's really sad....

I guess I just shouldn't be surprised that here at the house of fanboys, the film was so ill received. But I AM surprised at the level of Douchebaggery that some have stooped to to just hammer into the ground how much they hate the movie and to further isolate those who actually liked it.

Thanks for thinking of this thread, Badmoon. Whew. It was getting gooey in that ostrich... er positive thread. :monkey1 :lol

sorry Indy positive people. I couldn't resist. :monkey3

What I don't care for is how this has polarized Indy fans into "I don't want to hear a different opinion" camps. Liking the movie is fine as is disliking it, but actually discussing it seems to be out the window.

What I don't care for is how this has polarized Indy fans into "I don't want to hear a different opinion" camps. Liking the movie is fine as is disliking it, but actually discussing it seems to be out the window.

Its not that people don't want to hear a different opinion. I like it and can read and have/am reading the other thread. However, those that hate it are just cutting loose in ways that make it pretty hard to discuss it. IMO to the point of if you like it you know you're gonna get hammered and I haven't seen anyone who likes it really cutting at those that don't. The people that don't like it seem to not like it so much they're saying stuff like this movie never happened. Is there any point to discuss it with them when they say that? No, I don't think there is.

I think making a positive thread is equally as much a ****** move as this. :dunno

You did this to be a ****** and just stir the pot which is pretty much your MO. I find it hard to believe you did this for any other reason than to poke fun of the other thread and those posting in it. I expect this from the kids I teach but from an adult its pretty childish at best.

As I said people are getting so absurd and nasty with their dislike there is no discussing it really. The other thread was created so people could discuss what they like and I'm sure what they don't without some of the venom in the other thread. Surely you can understand that Keith or at least I hope you could.

My only point is when people were discussing why they didn't like it they were immediatly jumped on by the usual fanboys. Why feel the need to argue with them? If they didn't like it then so what? They gave their opinion that they certainly are entiltled to. Do you see the double standard? It doesn't matter I am out to hang with friends and family for the day. I just made this thread to prove a point which it actually has just by seeing the people that posted in it. :lol

I think it's an interesting development when civil discourse and free exchange of ideas becomes such a challenge that we need separate threads for those who like and dislike something, where we can vent with like minded individuals.

When we throw the G.I. Joe or Indy IV fans together, we get:

:fireworks

My only point is when people were discussing why they didn't like it they were immediately jumped on by the usual fan boys. Why feel the need to argue with them? If they didn't like it then so what? They gave their opinion that they certainly are entitled to. Do you see the double standard? It doesn't matter I am out to hang with friends and family for the day. I just made this thread to prove a point which it actually has just by seeing the people that posted in it. :lol

I've not seen one person that liked it jump on anyone who didn't. I have seen the reverse though. I've not felt the need to argue with them and I haven't. I've pretty much been befuddled to the point I don't know what to say to them. They gave their opinion and nobody including myself again has said anything to them in a nasty manner.

So if there is any double standard its being made by you and anyone who doesn't like the movie. So you proved no point other than the people that are hating it can't stand people liked it.

You proved nothing. I don't want to burst your bubble because the only reason anyone posted in this thread was because it was a ****** move. Nothing more nothing less. If this thread wants to be used for people to ACTUALLY discuss why they don't like it more power to you/them.

This cracks me up. :lol Anyone hear of free speech? It's written in the constitution. It means anyone has the right to say whatever TF they want but in doing so must deal with the consequences...

I think it's clear at least 30% of the Audience had problems with this film and if a thread is created to feel more comfortable discussing it, so be it.

I wouldn't call it an Indy Negative thread though, maybe an "I didn't like Indy" thread.

If you don't like the content, change the channel.

Anyway, have fun kids. :lol

Last edited:
I think everyone has the right to say what they want. I've stayed out of the Indy discussion threads because I think the back and forth going on is tiring. I liked the movie. That's all that's important to me.

And BadMoon is a douchbag. :lecture

I didn't like the movie at all, but I still wasn't disappointed - I just enjoyed watching Harrison Ford back as Indy, and I loved the fact that he played his age. I also thought Cate and Shia gave really good performances - really wasn't expecting that!

As an Indiana Jones movie it was far too talky, not fast enough, silly in places (Tarzan) and didn't live up to the first twenty minutes. Plus it was really clear that the filmmakers don't like leaving America anymore.

I actually preferred Jeb Stuart's Saucermen script. But, it wasn't Phantom Menace-awful, and most importantly, Ford is still so charming, entertaining and watchable, and Indy such a great character, that I'd love to see a fifth.

I didn't like the movie at all, but I still wasn't disappointed - I just enjoyed watching Harrison Ford back as Indy, and I loved the fact that he played his age. I also thought Cate and Shia gave really good performances - really wasn't expecting that!

As an Indiana Jones movie it was far too talky, not fast enough, silly in places (Tarzan) and didn't live up to the first twenty minutes. Plus it was really clear that the filmmakers don't like leaving America anymore.

I actually preferred Jeb Stuart's Saucermen script. But, it wasn't Phantom Menace-awful, and most importantly, Ford is still so charming, entertaining and watchable, and Indy such a great character, that I'd love to see a fifth.

And keep in mind Darabont got Story credit so his contribution to the Story was a big part of the film.

I've heard from reliable sources Jeb Stuart spent a year Drafting the first Script, traveling between L.A., Skywalker Ranch and Jackson Hole taking notes from each of the three Principals involved. And each had a different vision of the Film and rarely collaborated. Must have been a thankless job for these Writers...

I've not seen one person that liked it jump on anyone who didn't.
So if there is any double standard its being made by you and anyone who doesn't like the movie. So you proved no point other than the people that are hating it can't stand people liked it.

I haven't read any direct attacks on a person, but certainly a fair share of dismissive "nothing could have met those fanboys' expectations", "all those people want to do is piss on and tear things down", "they were going to hate it no matter what", "they just don't get it because they don't understand about aliens or the history of the crystal skulls or the period of the 1950s" type of posts.

I think there are parts of each camp that are getting annoyed at the other for their opinion. Certainly this happened first with positive thread so they could avoid the "venomous" comments that they didn't agree with, so they wouldn't feel persecuted or steamrolled. It's funny that some really dig in their heels with their opinion, both positive and negative, and feel personally affronted by anyone who feels different. There's lots of patting on the back "yay you agree with me, you rock, those other guys don't get it" stuff going on. The 'us' and 'them' mentality that people fall into generally makes all things in life much less pleasant.

I'm not saying direct personal attacks so much as attacks on the positive view. I don't mind reading people saying they don't like it but I kind of get the feel that if I keep saying I like it the people that don't are gonna go crazy (best word I can come up with.

I'm not personally digging my heels in more so I'm just stumped at why some feel its so bad. I read their posts and get they don't like it but for me I just don't see it.

Back