FXX Deadpool Animated Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://tvline.com/2017/05/10/deadpool-series-fxx-animated/

Wade Wilson is so touching himself tonight, after hearing this news.

Marvel comics’ Deadpool is coming to TV as the star of an animated adult action-comedy for FXX, it was announced on Wednesday.

FXX has ordered 10 episodes of the untitled Marvel Television/FX Productions/ABC Signature Studios co-production, which boasts Atlanta‘s WGA Award-winning Donald Glover and Stephen Glover as showrunners, executive producers and writers. Marvel’s Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory will also serve as EPs on the series, which is eyed to debut in 2018.

“Donald Glover is an incredibly gifted and versatile artist who’ll bring the untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series to life with the same intense, singular vision as his breakout hit Atlanta,” said Nick Grad, president of Original Programming, FX Networks and FX Productions, in a statement. “With the success of Legion, we’re looking forward to again partnering with Marvel Television to create a series that is bold, striking and entirely original.”

Marvel TV chief Loeb added, “How much more fun could this be? Deadpool, Donald and FX — the perfect fit for the Merc with the Mouth! We’re thrilled that our relationship with FX that started with Legion continues with what is sure to be a groundbreaking show in adult animation.”

Deadpool of course has been most memorably brought to life on the big screen by Ryan Reynolds in the eponymous, R-rated 2016 film (which grossed $783 million worldwide) and its sequel (slated for June 2018).

We'll see. I hope it's more in line with Classic-Pool, and not Way-Pool. I'm pretty excited though, not gonna lie.

We'll see.

GJg9Y.gif

I've never watched any of the stuff he's written or directed so it's hard to say if it's a good thing or not. Won't know until the shows out I guess.

Back