BSG license: I hear things, yes I do...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan Rex

Super Freak
Reaction score
Majestic Studios has gone under from what I hear and no further BSG figures will be forth coming....
On the other hand I also heard SS has landed the license in full or in part
and will be doing new and old style Cylons in either 1/4 scale or full scale or possibly both.

Last edited:
was saddened to hear about Majestic. just got their Return of the Fly (great fig!) and was eying the Raven and vintage BSG figs. hopefully SS got the license.

There was a rumor flying around about that a while back and has been categorically denied. If it were true they just wouldn't comment - so I wouldn't hold out for SSC BSG.

Darklord Dave said:
There was a rumor flying around about that a while back and has been categorically denied. If it were true they just wouldn't comment - so I wouldn't hold out for SSC BSG.

That was then, this is now.
Das rumour is minty fresh as in from Toyfair.
Ask them again and see what response you get.

mmmm. Me likey Six very much. Her and Sharon would be great to have next to eachother. That with a nice centurion (sp?).

YESSSS!!!

Hope this is true. Hope hope hope. (Although I'd prefer statues to PFs here -- as I'm really running out of display space!)

:joy

So far:
FACT - Majestic is done.

Rumor - Sideshow will be doing BSG

SSC has always denied this in the past and, as of yet, has not answered the questioned posed to them in the "Ask Sideshow" section. I would be somewhat surprised to see them doing BSG, at least right now. They're already ignoring licenses they have in favor of Star Wars, it would seem silly for them to do what was/is basicly a rip off of it. But, hey if its 1:6 I'm in!!

Majestic is done! :monkey2
That's a shame. They seemed like a nice company. I guess I'll have to wait a while before I get my new Battlestar Galactica 1:6 fix.
I think there's a good chance Sideshow could pick up the 1:6 baton. Battlestar is very popular right now. I think Dusty will probably bother them constantly about it. :lol

If something did happen at toyfair then we won't hear about it until all the "i's" are crossed and the "t's" are dotted. Perhaps a press release around SDCC?

The upgraded BSG bears no resemblance to Star Wars and is far, far superior in many ways. It would be a good license for SSC.

Darklord Dave said:
The upgraded BSG bears no resemblance to Star Wars and is far, far superior in many ways. It would be a good license for SSC.

Funny, it bears no resemblence to Battlestar Galactica either.

Darklord Dave said:
I agree. The writing, directing and acting is some of the best. Let's hope SSC grabs it.

Back