BSG license: I hear things, yes I do...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batty said:
Yes! A crusade! People would love us!

Frak! Frak! Frak!

Or maybe not. :monkey1

Yeah, come to think of it, the last crusade didn't turn out so well either... :monkey3

Another Krusade?
How much disappointment can we take?
Lack of Kurgan, lack of simians and you want more characters that can be ignored?
<sigh>

Ironman1188 said:
Another Krusade?
How much disappointment can we take?
Lack of Kurgan, lack of simians and you want more characters that can be ignored?
<sigh>
You know, I really feel for you when I read about there being no more apes.

Darklord Dave said:
And lovers of quality television everywhere are grateful.

Amen to that. As much as I loved that show when I was 4, it moved as slow as molasses and the acting...... I, too, am grateful that it bears little resemblence to the original series.

Ironman1188 said:
Ahhh, but, without it, your "better" version would not exist.

Yup, evolution. That's why I like monkeys. :monkey1

Love the new one and hold it in high regard. At the same time I have fond memories of the original. Yes, even Galactica 1980. Sureal as it was.

Darklord Dave said:
And lovers of quality television everywhere are grateful.

Same here..... I still love the old show for it's place in Sci-Fi history and the Cylon design... but the new show is LEAGUES ahead of it in story, drama and characters. The new BSG is my all time favorite show.... so I guess that makes me a little bias. :D

Darklord Dave said:
The upgraded BSG bears no resemblance to Star Wars...

Wha-what? There are... bears in BSG!?! Space bears! MUTANT KILLER SPACE BEARS FROM THE PLANET BAMBOO!!! THAT CAN FLY!!!!

Man, I must have missed that episode... :) :D

gdb said:
Yup, evolution. That's why I like monkeys. :monkey1

Love the new one and hold it in high regard. At the same time I have fond memories of the original. Yes, even Galactica 1980. Surreal as it was.

The original was/is Battlestar Galactica.
Galactica 1980.....well, that was somewhat a nightmare.
This new one? Thats a show that the makers didn't have enough faith in to stand on its own as science fiction, so they appropriated the Galactica name.
Hmmmm, come to think of it I guess that makes the new one closer to Galactica 1980. :lol

I'm much more disappointed at the lack of Dark Shadows figures if Majestic is truly gone, than not getting any new BSG figures...even though I would've collected a few of them.

As far as SSC getting BSG....who knows... Guess we'll find out if the "couple of new 12 inch figure licensing announcements" happen.

I'm miffed I never was able to get the Phibes and Dark Shadows ones. The lack of comment on BSG by Sideshow could be construed as their possibly having the license and refusing to say anything. Usually they'll say if they don't have a license, but not saying anything? One can only hope for the best, I guess.

I didn't manage to pick up Phibes. By the time I got a second chance, I didn't have the funds. The DS ones seem kind of rare now.

No more DS figures disappoints me more than anything else. That was the one line I would've been a completist with. And the chances of another company picking it up are slim to none, so my dreams of having multiple DS figures seems like it's at an end.

KrisSolo said:
Wha-what? There are... bears in BSG!?!

No bears, just dogs. :lol

daggit4sp.png

DarkArtist81 said:
Same here..... I still love the old show for it's place in Sci-Fi history and the Cylon design... but the new show is LEAGUES ahead of it in story, drama and characters. The new BSG is my all time favorite show.

Dude, you stole my thoughts!

All I know, when I watchded the original BSG I thought to myself "its cool, but star wars is cooler."

With the new BSG I think "WHY THE ****ING HELL COULDN"T THE BATTLE SCENES IN THE PT HAVE BEEN THIS KICK ASS AND THE CHARACTERS THIS COMPELLING??!!!!!"

:D

pixletwin said:
All I know, when I watchded the original BSG I thought to myself "its cool, but star wars is cooler."

With the new BSG I think "WHY THE ****ING HELL COULDN"T THE BATTLE SCENES IN THE PT HAVE BEEN THIS KICK ASS AND THE CHARACTERS THIS COMPELLING??!!!!!"

:D

Sure Star Wars was cooler at the time but the original is still quite enjoyable. I can't help but think if the new one is such well written, quality TV why did they need to capitalize on the classic name, then bastardize the characters?

Back