Iron Man mark I-VII diecast figures are a very real possibility now...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevb0977

Super Freak
Reaction score
image.jpg

Re: Diecast figures are a very real possibility now...

Yep, it was always a certainty, as long as the Mark III sold well. That said, I think they'll be a while coming. I plan to enjoy my Mark III for two or three years and then switch it out once the IV is available

I don't care much for diecast. I just want the Mark III because he looks a lot nicer than the first one. I'm happy with all my other plastic suits.

I don't care much for diecast. I just want the Mark III because he looks a lot nicer than the first one. I'm happy with all my other plastic suits.

There's more to the re-releases then just new material.

You are getting better sculpts and advanced articulation.

I look forward to the future die cast releases :)

Well, seeing as I only have the Mark IV and VII right now and have the Mark III Diecast PO'd...
I would be on board for I, II, IV, V, VI and VII in diecast.

I was not a fan of XLII or most of the other marks, so going back and getting the classics in diecast
would be a no-brainer for me. They are without a doubt the most iconic suits of them all.

There's more to the re-releases then just new material.

You are getting better sculpts and advanced articulation.

I look forward to the future die cast releases :)

I'm happy with my Mark I 2.0, Mark II Armor Unleashed, Mark IV, Mark V, mark VI, and Mark VII. I think they all look very good. No reason to throw more money at endless reissues even if they look a little nicer.

Yeah, looks like Mk 7 is going bye-bye..... is $300 a good price to ask for, having been displayed but still in excellent condition? Should I remove the batteries?

Does this list also include the War Machine 1.0?

I'm looking forward to getting the earlier suits in diecast, I was about to just give in & get the plastic versions (well some of them) but now I'll wait, got plenty of house party protocol suits being made in the mean time (amongst others) so it's not like I'll be waiting ages with nothing in sight. :)

I'm happy with my Mark I 2.0, Mark II Armor Unleashed, Mark IV, Mark V, mark VI, and Mark VII. I think they all look very good. No reason to throw more money at endless reissues even if they look a little nicer.
Yeah, I'd agree with that. The diecast, itself, is meaningless to me, but it solves two problems: aftermarket pricing and the fade issue with the red codpieces. If I already had a Mark IV in-hand w/no issues, I don't think I'd feel the need to upgrade.

I already have II preordered. I mostly want V and II as diecast. ...who am I kidding, I'd get them all.

Yeah, looks like Mk 7 is going bye-bye..... is $300 a good price to ask for, having been displayed but still in excellent condition? Should I remove the batteries?

There's no mention of it but I'd assume so, I'd even be willing to bet that it'll turn up before other suits do, Whiplash 2.0 being made in diecast might not make in a guarantee but it wouldn't surprise me if they carry on with Iron Man 2 releases (we've had another Tony Stark figure from the second film so who knows).

Dude, like I said before Marks I-VII in diecast won't happen for at least 2 years once the AOU craze dies down a bit.

Yep. That''s why I'm looking to cash out now and get what I can for them, since they'll probably go for less closer to that time, or won't go at all since people will just wait for the new ones. I don't buy my figures to sell so I'd be happy to get back what I paid for (~$250), the fact that I could potentially get a little profit is a plus since I can use to for new releases coming later this year, and I get the space too, like swapping figures. I'd very much like to sell my Mechanic and Tony custom along with IP and 42 but I don't think those are really going anywhere... I'm definitely a bit hesitant on the WM since it's one of my earliest HTs at $180 or so, but if I can get $300 for that too, I'd be willing to let it go.

let_it_go_by_impala99-d740xws.png

Dude, like I said before Marks I-VII in diecast won't happen for at least 2 years once the AOU craze dies down a bit.

The die cast injection process is done on different machinery then the plastic parts.

So that means 1 of 2 things

Hot Toys invested in die cast injection machinery, in which case they will want to use it to make money on their investment.

OR

They subcontracted the work to a die cast company, in which case making other die cast figures will not have an impact on the plastic figure production capacity.

I bet we get 1 more of the original marks before the years out and a 2nd available for pre-order before the end of the year.

Its great news to collector thats miss IM HT

Good to hear confirmation that Mark I and II will be getting the DC treatment -- only two I'm interested in.

Back