How Much Would You Pay For a 1/6th Scale Han In Carbonite

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Much Would You Pay?

• $60-70

Votes: 58 41.7%
  • $70-80

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • $80-90

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • $90-100

Votes: 19 13.7%
  • $100+

Votes: 25 18.0%

• Total voters
Low end: I expect $80 at the least

High end: I expect $120 at the most

I voted $90 - 100

I voted low end because it is basically a simple production piece, just a mold with electronics and paint... no figure, no outfit, no serious detailed painting, etc.

pjam said:
I voted low end because it is basically a simple production piece, just a mold with electronics and paint... no figure, no outfit, no serious detailed painting, etc.
I totally agree. When can I order one? :D

If the slab is made up of bronze, and makes a thunderous clap when it falls on its back, and it has working lights, I'd pay anything.

Man, this is Sideshow people. Without lights $200.00. With light-up exclusive, $250.00.

I voted 80-90 range but I don't think it should cost that much. The paint apps would be pretty simple. Although I hear grey paint costs a lot more than regular paint :monkey3

I said 60-70 since it was the lowest but really I probably wouldn't buy one at all. If it came with Boba Fett I'd pay extra for it, but otherwise, nah.

I don't like giving Sideshow any ideas on cost. The quality of the piece is what determines how much I would pay. They should focus on the details and design of the piece before deciding on a price point.

This is quite subjective. It really would all depend on the cleverness of the manufacturing of it. Say it was a plastic block with lights and sound and an actual metal die pressed relief painted to look bronze/carbonite like? I think that would be worth a whole lot. If it was just polystone, Id be worried about it breaking and would likely only pay $100 or less. Otherwise, it could be a $20 plastic environment that was offered with a Boba Fett Inclusive.

The voting options are way too high for me to vote on. pjam basically said what I was thinking.

It's a simple mold with no fabric or even a figure included. With some inexpensive blinking LED's like those found on trinkets selling at the dollar store, I wouldn't expect to pay more than $30.00 for it.

But Polystoner is right as well. It's Sideshow, so if it's made, it's going to cost considerably more... :monkey3

But don't forget the variations to follow:

1) Partially revealed Han Solo in melting Carbonite.

2) Completely revealed Han Solo in melted Carbonite.

3) Grey version of Han Solo in Carbonite (wait, it's already grey...) :monkey5

I voted low...mainly to express my interest.

Honestly though, you could make the Hasbro 12" one into this with some drilling and some cheap LED's for less then this low amount.

Back