What's more important to you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dollmanron

Super Freak
Reaction score
Simply put, what’s the most important to you, getting ever penny you can for a figure you're selling, or selling a figure at a reasonable price to another collector who’s looking for it for his collection?

Greed VS Good Will, basically. :dunno

When l sell a figure l don't want to take a loss so l will try and get back as much of the original price l paid as l can. if my piece is worth more then l paid (appreciation) and l am already in the profit zone l will let it go for a good price to the buyer. l don't get greedy.

I've never sold a figure, but I'd say the latter. It's like when I sold about $200(new) of Nerf guns earlier this year. I had an ad in the local paper to sell them all for $100. There were no takers, so I decided to give them to my cousin. She has a little boy that loves Nerf, and on the same day she was supposed to pick them up, I got an offer for $50, but I said they had been sold. Good question.

When l sell a figure l don't want to take a loss so l will try and get back as much of the original price l paid as l can. if my piece is worth more then l paid (appreciation) and l am already in the profit zone l will let it go for a good price to the buyer. l don't get greedy.

I wish everyone were like you I recently gave a guy an offer for a figure he said he was the “original owner” of. When I gave him my offer he said that at that price he would only break even, even though my offer was two times what it originally retailed for. He currently is asking for four times what it retailed for.
I used to think members bought, sold, and traded on these forums to help out other collectors, but now; at least to me; people are only selling figures on here because they don’t want to have to pay any EBay fees.

some of the members are like that, but you can still get good deals from a lot of them as well. You just have to do some shopping for a little while.

I wish everyone were like you I recently gave a guy an offer for a figure he said he was the “original owner” of. When I gave him my offer he said that at that price he would only break even, even though my offer was two times what it originally retailed for. He currently is asking for four times what it retailed for.
I used to think members bought, sold, and traded on these forums to help out other collectors, but now; at least to me; people are only selling figures on here because they don’t want to have to pay any EBay fees.

Um, didn't you recently have 4 HT MJ figures up for sale for $3,000? :lol

This. :goodpost:

50/50

I'm not salin' my old figures in good condition for the original price but don't overstate it beyond all norms of decency :)

Um, didn't you recently have 4 HT MJ figures up for sale for $3,000? :lol

This. :goodpost:

Yea, that was becaucse I was pissed and decided to put them up for sale at that price knowing no one would buy them, but to make myself feel better about other realmers pricing figure out of my budget. I really don't think all four together would even be half that.

Hey, With my illness trying to make myself feel good about myself is just about a minute to minute thing.

50/50

I'm not salin' my old figures in good condition for the original price but don't overstate it beyond all norms of decency :)

Exactly, l want my money back and maybe a tad extra (depending on what item), but l will make sure the other guy gets a good deal aswell. No crazy ebay prices from me.

I'm not gonna lie. If I need to sell a piece, the bigger the profit the better, especially when I don't have any kind of relationship/contact with the person I'm selling it to (Ebay etc).

On the other hand, I almost always run with shipping charges myself (or at least half of them if they are too expensive). We all know how costly it can be to have a huge package shipped to us, so I usually try to help a little in this sense.

I sold a large chunk of my low end collection. I sold it for pennies because I just wanted it gone.

To me the quickness of the sale was more important to the money received.

I have never sold a high end figure yet.

Well if I'm selling its only because I really need money and the more I can get the better. I sorta feel reluctant to go really cheap here considering what I could get on ebay, so at some point I probably will try ebay. Just got too much going on at the moment to start listing my stuff there so all I've been doing is bumping my thread here on the offchance. My prices aren't that bad though, I think its just timing and/or no one here happens to need the stuff I'm trying to sell.

Simply put, what’s the most important to you, getting ever penny you can for a figure you're selling, or selling a figure at a reasonable price to another collector who’s looking for it for his collection?

Greed VS Good Will, basically. :dunno

I sell my figures for as much as I can get for them (reasonable price, considered). If someone really wants something, then they'll buy it :lol.

Same here, i just wanna get what i paid as a minimum, if i can get more i will but not extortionate procing.

Depends on the figure and the circumstances. Its not just sellers on this forum that are a pain in the arse, some buyers can be extremely pushy. I like to think I've helped some collectors out with fair prices.

Greed vs. Good will? :lol

Since when is it greedy to ask market value for collectibles that have appreciated since the original purchase. And who's to say that that "collector" I just sold my MKI Iron Man to for $180 isn't going to put it on ebay a month later for $600.

I usually deduct 10% off ebay prices of stuff that I sell here but for myself I use my hobby to further my hobby so I do intend to get as much as reasonably possible for figures since I use that cash to buy more figures.

I'm not gonna lie. If I need to sell a piece, the bigger the profit the better, especially when I don't have any kind of relationship/contact with the person I'm selling it to (Ebay etc).

This is exactly how I feel; if it is a board member who I 'know' and isn't going to immediately flip it for a profit, I will sell it for less than the going market price or even retail as long as I can get my original cost back.

However, I will usually put it up for sell in the WTS section for 10% less than I know I can get it for on eBay or offer free shipping and if it doesn't sell within a few days I just list it on eBay.

I have NO problem with flipping preorders or selling items for market value. HOWEVER, the problem with "Good Will" is that some new board members or scalpers will be really pushy with lowball offers. I have had multiple members contact me with the guilt-trip "help out a fellow collector/freak" and known scalpers try to argue with me in PMs about why I should sell it to them for their low offer. Over the last few years, this has become common and I just ignore stupid offers.

...who's to say that that "collector" I just sold my MKI Iron Man to for $180 isn't going to put it on ebay a month later for $600.
:exactly: There are a few board members who troll the WTS thread JUST to buy items low to immediately flip them for a profit. I saw a member a few months ago grab up several items for a low price and immediately toss them on eBay.

Well, I'm no flipper or scalpher, if I was my 12' x 77' storage trailer wouldn't look like this.

100_2126.jpg

And this picture is two or three years old.

Well, when I sold off all my stuff it was because I was unemployed so I needed every penny I could get. Now that I have a job IF I decide to sell anything I'd be ok with giving somebody a deal as long as I'm not really losing anything on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back