What's more important to you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, when I sold off all my stuff it was because I was unemployed so I needed every penny I could get. Now that I have a job IF I decide to sell anything I'd be ok with giving somebody a deal as long as I'm not really losing anything on it.

Do you have a Ironman MK 1? :)

I generaly dont sell my things.

IF i do, I prefer to trade, and try to get a fair price from said trade.

As an example. I recently traded my Cobra ninja, and my 2 in one superman returns figure, with a second body, and superman shirt for clark.

ignight Brown ninja, Krauser's Parts and head, no body. Coruscaunt trooper, Unleashed Trooper, Utopi Trooper, Qui-gon Ex, Cobra Trooper( parts and head, no body) , Cobra Sniper ( parts and head, no body)

I am, however, taking a long, hard look at my Predator 2 elder figure.. and considering selling it to help pay for my wedding....

Another "woe is me", "feel sorry for me world", post by dollmanron. My day wouldn't be complete without one...

Another "woe is me", "feel sorry for me world", post by dollmanron. My day wouldn't be complete without one...

The part about them that is so funny is that he was charging $3,000 for 4 HT MJ figures and angry they didn't sell :lol

Last edited:
The part about them that is so funny is that he was chagring $3,000 for 4 HT MJ figures and angry they didn't sell :lol

:lol yep. I'm finding the ones that bark the loudest about that kind of stuff are usually the biggest hypocrites...

Call me crazy (and many have) but I'd rather see a piece go to another collector who I know will appeciate it rather than to any old joe who's willing to pay through the nose to get it.

I mean don't get me wrong, it's nice to break even at least, even make a little gravy if the piece has become highly sought after on the secondary market, but personally in the rare occasion that I do part with a piece, I'm never looking to gouge someone. I'd always rather everybody feel good about a deal, rather than squeezing out every cent that I possibly can.

Of course I'll also do better deals for fellow collectors who I already know (and like) than I perhaps would for a complete stranger, who may just turn around and flip the piece for all I know. But that's just common sense in my view.

Last edited:
Over the years I've sold off pieces of my collection that I no longer have any interest in displaying for whatever reason. I have sold many busts and statues for which I didn't receive nearly what I paid for them, so whenever I decide to part with an item that still commands a high price I'll try to get as much as I can for it.

If I was ever going to sell any of my figures it'd be because I'd come across hard times, so I'd be wanting top dollar for them.

Besides, I've spent enough time on this board to appreciate how many collectors are just out and out tossers. I'd consider doing a good deal for another collector if I'd had positive exchanges with them in the threads but the rest can pay through the nose like every other punter.

I've spent enough time on this board to appreciate how many collectors are just out and out tossers. I'd consider doing a good deal for another collector if I'd had positive exchanges with them in the threads but the rest can pay through the nose like every other punter.

That's right, for a friend on the board give him a good deal. If l am selling my 18inch Neca pred to a member like Nam a $1,000 would be my asking price.:lecture

I don’t believe any Hot Toys figure is worth over $800 to over $1,000, but you see them on EBay all the time. But , what can you do when it’s the only place you can find it.

Like others have said, it really depends on the situation.

If a particular buyer has hooked me up with items in the past, of course I'd want to return the favour.

However, I'm trying to get rid of a few items I've accumulated in the past years because we're expecting our first child. Of course I want to get top dollar for them right now, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Of course you do, all humans crave money. It's what seperates us from the animals.
That's not entirely true. We used to have a chihuahua who would take paper money out of pockets of clothes left lying around and hoard it in his house. Of course, he did the same thing with undergarments, women's makeup, and other strange things.

That's not entirely true. We used to have a chihuahua who would take paper money out of pockets of clothes left lying around and hoard it in his house. Of course, he did the same thing with undergarments, women's makeup, and other strange things.

There are also monkeys in Africa who steal tourists wallets, necklaces, and watches.:lol

I'm usually happy if I can sell something for what I paid. Though I have been known to sell things for less than retail when I just wanted to move some stuff out.

I usually try to offer good deals on the board when I'm selling.

Life's Short. Collect hard.

I believe in a collecting karma. If you give a good deal then you will get one when you need it. If you make someone pay a ridiculous price, then you will one day too.

You get what you give. Sell/Trade wisely!

really depends on the situation.

for example, today I got a table at Kozin's Joe Show. I sold over 15 boxed figures I didn't want anymore. came home with about $500 in my pocket. technically I lost money compared to what I paid for them 2,3 or 5 years ago. I could have put them on EBAY or listed them on the boards and got more but it would take a lot more time and hassle.

but in about 5 hours I cleared a lot of space in my hovel and now I got a bunch of cash to spend on the next toy or toys I can't live without.

I usually just sell for what I payed plus maybe a few dollars, and then shipping.

I know what its like to want a figure very badly, but then to be disappointed because the cheapest you can find it at is some insane price that is just unaffordable. Id rather help another collector out rather than start selling these figures for a lot of money. They are toys, and they are meant to be enjoyed, not sold for absurd amounts of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back