What's more important to you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, that was becaucse I was pissed and decided to put them up for sale at that price knowing no one would buy them, but to make myself feel better about other realmers pricing figure out of my budget. I really don't think all four together would even be half that.

Hey, With my illness trying to make myself feel good about myself is just about a minute to minute thing.

Well if you ever decide to help another collector out who has been desperately looking to add the Billie Jean figure to his collection, but can't afford to pay the 3 grand your asking and can only pay a little more than retail, than id love to take it off your hands. That is, if your in it to help other collectors, like your thread here suggests.

Well if you ever decide to help another collector out who has been desperately looking to add the Billie Jean figure to his collection, but can't afford to pay the 3 grand your asking and can only pay a little more than retail, than id love to take it off your hands. That is, if your in it to help other collectors, like your thread here suggests.

dis_gonna_b_gud.gif

scarjo_popcorn.gif

I sell when I want to upgrade. I sell characters that don't resonate with me anymore and hopefully they are picked up by someone who will appreciate them. That said, I also like money. However, I do not mind trying to hook someone up with a grail if I am selling one. That doesn't mean I have to give it away or leave a ton of money on the table.

I don't sell my figures but if I did I would want to get as much for them as I could. My motto is you snooze you lose. I'm amazed at how many people don't pre-order something like Wolverine or Ghost Rider because they don't know how it will turn out and then spend 2 times or more for it when they see how cool they are.

ETA I answered this to quickly. The stuff that got me into collecting, 21st Century Toys, bbi, I would let go cheap. I would even donate them to the right person minus shipping. If I were to sell any of my Hot Toys, I would give a view choice people a good deal.

Last edited:
What a nicely manipulative premise. I choose neither.

A sale should reflect the fair market value of a piece, not the original MRSP.

Easy peasy.

What a nicely manipulative premise. I choose neither.

A sale should reflect the fair market value of a piece, not the original MRSP.

Easy peasy.

Agreed.

I would like it to be known that the "greedy" seller the original poster is referring to is myself. Recently we had exchanged a few private messages and he had offered me just shy of 50% below my asking price on a rare HT figure. Despite feeling lowballed, I politely thanked him for his offer and declined it. I stated I wouldn't even "break even" if I accepted it. That is a fact. I knowingly overpaid for this particular figure at a local shop years back when it had already sold out everywhere else. I did so because I wanted it. Also, factor in shipping and insurance and I've now taken a loss at that price.

I am in a tough situation right now, and need the money. I'm sure you can understand that. However, I'm not starving yet, nor am I selling the figure because I want to. Understand? It's as simple as this, if someone is willing to meet me at or near my asking price, I will sell. Otherwise, I will not. I am already asking hundreds below the ridiculous prices on eBay. Go make a thread about them. I don't understand why everyone thinks being a board member entitles them to special discounts anyway. It's not always as black and white as you've painted it. Sorry to disappoint you, but greed nor good will are a factor.

Thank you very much and I wish you the best of luck acquiring this figure for your collection. :wave

I look at going prices and sell based on that. However, there are a few people here that I would sell to special because they're good people. That said, I only sell in order to buy other collectibles.

If I were simply tired of something, I think I'd probably look at going prices and take the lower end of that, and be flexible, favoring folks here. It's more about the context than anything else for me. But, this isn't charity work. I don't think poorly of someone who would rather take something to eBay and make more money than sell something here to people that think they should get something at cost because they're a "boardie".

If someone's making a plea for a difficult collecting situation they're trying to work through and I'm in the position to help, I'd definitely be receptive to that. But because they missed something and don't like the going rate for it now, sorry not my problem.

Last edited:
Think it's hypocritical to call collectors greedy when you turn around and flip it for just as much. I try to help out collectors because I want to, but honestly sometimes "doing the right thing" is equivalent to being taken advantage of.

Agreed.

I would like it to be known that the "greedy" seller the original poster is referring to is myself. Recently we had exchanged a few private messages and he had offered me just shy of 50% below my asking price on a rare HT figure. Despite feeling lowballed, I politely thanked him for his offer and declined it. I stated I wouldn't even "break even" if I accepted it. That is a fact. I knowingly overpaid for this particular figure at a local shop years back when it had already sold out everywhere else. I did so because I wanted it. Also, factor in shipping and insurance and I've now taken a loss at that price.

I am in a tough situation right now, and need the money. I'm sure you can understand that. However, I'm not starving yet, nor am I selling the figure because I want to. Understand? It's as simple as this, if someone is willing to meet me at or near my asking price, I will sell. Otherwise, I will not. I am already asking hundreds below the ridiculous prices on eBay. Go make a thread about them. I don't understand why everyone thinks being a board member entitles them to special discounts anyway. It's not always as black and white as you've painted it. Sorry to disappoint you, but greed nor good will are a factor.

Thank you very much and I wish you the best of luck acquiring this figure for your collection. :wave

:rotfl

This just keeps getting better and better :yess:

Yea, that was becaucse I was pissed and decided to put them up for sale at that price knowing no one would buy them, but to make myself feel better about other realmers pricing figure out of my budget. I really don't think all four together would even be half that.

Definitely the lamest thing I've read on these boards.

Well, I'm no flipper or scalpher, if I was my 12' x 77' storage trailer wouldn't look like this.

100_2126.jpg

And this picture is two or three years old.

That's a waste of collectibles IMHO.

If I can't display it, I don't want it.

This is starting to shape up into a thread that will one day be locked.:lecture

This thread is a gem!

You have the OP complaining about the price of a rare fig he cannot afford, yet himself has put up 4 HT MJ's figures for $3,000 and admitted they were extremely overpriced LMAO!

This thread is a gem!

You have the OP complaining about the price of a rare fig he cannot afford, yet himself has put up 4 HT MJ's figures for $3,000 and admitted they were extremely overpriced LMAO!

I guess we're not buying this then :lol:

Yea, that was because I was pissed and decided to put them up for sale at that price knowing no one would buy them, but to make myself feel better about other reamers pricing figure out of my budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back