What's more important to you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is a gem!

You have the OP complaining about the price of a rare fig he cannot afford, yet himself has put up 4 HT MJ's figures for $3,000 and admitted they were extremely overpriced LMAO!

Im just waiting to for the OP to come back and actually respond to all this, i'm really interested to hear what he has to say :dance

ETA I answered this to quickly. The stuff that got me into collecting, 21st Century Toys, bbi, I would let go cheap.

What got me into collecting when I first starting collecting was "The Best of the West" when it was coming out. Some of you are probably too young to remember them.

Agreed.

I would like it to be known that the "greedy" seller the original poster is referring to is myself. Recently we had exchanged a few private messages and he had offered me just shy of 50% below my asking price on a rare HT figure. Despite feeling lowballed, I politely thanked him for his offer and declined it. I stated I wouldn't even "break even" if I accepted it. That is a fact. I knowingly overpaid for this particular figure at a local shop years back when it had already sold out everywhere else. I did so because I wanted it. Also, factor in shipping and insurance and I've now taken a loss at that price.

I am in a tough situation right now, and need the money. I'm sure you can understand that. However, I'm not starving yet, nor am I selling the figure because I want to. Understand? It's as simple as this, if someone is willing to meet me at or near my asking price, I will sell. Otherwise, I will not. I am already asking hundreds below the ridiculous prices on eBay. Go make a thread about them. I don't understand why everyone thinks being a board member entitles them to special discounts anyway. It's not always as black and white as you've painted it. Sorry to disappoint you, but greed nor good will are a factor.

Thank you very much and I wish you the best of luck acquiring this figure for your collection. :wave

I was not referring to you personally; I have been shopping around for the same figure and others from not just here but other sites. The idea for the post was just that, an idea for a post.

If you took it personally, I am sorry. Being disabled myself I also know how hard money is to come by and do what I can with what little I have.

I generally like to at least get back what I paid - if the market price of the figure has gone up since I bought it, i like to take some profit but also offer a discount versus what the said item would go for on ebay.

If i'm in a tough spot, I am upfront and generally go straight to eBay to max what I can get from selling it, as I'd rather not charge eBay prices to a fellow freak.

No, just don't feel like getting flamed. :pfft:

You aren't even really getting "flamed", we are just all confused. You complain and start a discussion about people just trying to gain the most profit they can from these collectibles, and then you turn around and try to sell your figures for way more than everybody else is selling them. You have been trying to sell those MJ figures for a long time and i've always let it be known I was interested in them but you wanted that $3000 price and wouldn't budge, even tho it was way more than what it was really going for, kinda like the figure your talking about in your original post.

What i'm saying is don't complain about other people trying to sell their stuff for top dollar if your doing the exact same thing. I'm not trying to "flame" you or anything, I just want to know why your making it so difficult to attain that Billie Jean figure that i've been trying to purchase from you for a long time. Your upset at somebody else for doing something very similar to what your doing with your MJ figures.

Like I said, not trying to flame you, I just don't exactly understand what your doing. I mean you have a potential buyer who was and still is incredibly interested, and you don't seem to care. That MJ Billie Jean figure is my grail, and id love to buy it, so its frustrating when you complain about trying to attain a figure for yourself and how the seller wanted way too much money, but your trying to sell those MJ figures for a crazy amount also. I don't get it :dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back