The Venomsaurus Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy just when I thought I'd seen everything, I see this! Lol I have no interest whatsoever in this and I am the biggest Venom fan you will ever see.

I'm sure this will look bad ass, but it depends on the size and price if I will get it. I love venom anything, but this might be a little out there for me, I would have much preferred the anti-venom. SS did say this year was gonna be focused on everything Spiderman related, so this doesnt completely shock me.

Ah, yes. Let the Sideshow buttkissing commence. No one ever said the Marvel line is doomed nor did I say that the pieces we have been clamoring for are never going to be made, I just said that Sideshow can be out of touch with their fan base. This has nothing to do with "this one comiquette."

Examples:
  1. Manthing
  2. Emma Frost cartoon PF
  3. Psylocke vs. Spiral
  4. Lady Deathstrike vs. X-23
  5. Namor vs. Iron-Man
  6. the MASSIVE amount of requested characters that have not been released

Look at the Marvel items (comiquettes, PFs, dioramas) that made Sideshow's Marvel line popular and then look at some of the examples.

You're being a complete Philistine about this. You've consistently equated "being in touch with their fan base" with consistently creating character maquettes and PFs that are most requested/most popular, etc. I'm not going to kiss anyone's butt over this (least of all yours, but feel free to kiss mine :nana:), but I don't understand any line of thinking that doesn't applaud Sideshow's choice to do characters that are popular with a choice few fans in addition to doing things for the mob.

It's one thing to be disappointed that the most recent announcement didn't include something you want on your shelves. Happens to me all of the time. But it's quite another thing to publicly lambast Sideshow for doing something outside of the box. Sideshow is absolutely not out of touch with their fan base. They just happen to also be in touch with a fan base that doesn't include you. That's right. There's another group of Marvel fans out there that want to be represented as well. Have the gracious nature to give them their day and to let it go.

Furthermore, having met a lot of the people responsible for the decisions, the design, and the distribution of these products, I can say with total confidence that the people at Sideshow are earnest, dedicated to their fans to a baffling measure, and fanatical about the licenses they represent. :pfft:

Got to agree that this is a very odd choice of character to choose. Especially if going with something from this book, there are plenty of other options I think would have a lot more interest. Still want to see what this looks like though.

If SS wants to base something off of McNiven's art from this story line, there were plenty of battle scenes of Logan versus a number of villains, a PF of an Old Man Logan or as was mentioned earlier Logan fighting the Red Skull with his trophy room in the background. Would love to see any of these.

we should be open to it, I mean its a neat idea...even though its obscure as hell...It was in like 3 pages of the old man logan line. Something tells me some sideshow guys were just having coffee and one of them was reading the old man logan comic and decided "hey that would be cool" so why not.

T-REX = win
Venom= win

both= win x2 :hi5:

wont be surprised if the finished product rocks HARD

Now if Sideshow announced in the coming months an Old man logan and Blind Hawkeye Comiquettes or even a Banner to go with this..Everybody will want this piece...Fools.

I'm glad they tried different things from times to times.They have done a lot of classic Marvel characters over the years..(Spider-Man,Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America,Namor,The Thing)....Theres a lot of good stuff in modern comics today....

Every character will get done eventually.The Marvel License will stay with Sideshow Forever.Pretty sure it was a blast for them to make this piece.

Not sayin I'm buying it, but I give them A+ for originality and keeping up with todays comic media.

Well said, -the fool part as everyone is entitled to their opinion. Lets also add that making every A-lister before obscure characters would be pointless and would kill off interest in the SideShow Marvel line. I like the fact we have to wait for the A-listers between the B, C, and well, in this case, the D-listers. But even the obscure characters can make for some really impressive pieces. I am interested to see this piece in full, but I think those of us who are short on funds will bypass it for the A-listers that get announced, simply because that would be the smarter choice... unless of course, you're a huge fan of said character.

When SS did a sneak peek of this back in January, most of us thought/hoped it might be Lizard. That has been brought up a number of times in this thread. I just hope that SS is seeing those posts and will put it into their plans to do a Lizard CQ.:pray:

I could have sworm someone in that thread nailed the Venomsaurus as being the sneak peak in question. So hats off to that person. I could go look it up, but I'm not going to waste my time. :lol

I welcome the Venomsaurus. :yess:

(....unless, it looks horrible, but I don't think it will.)

I'm sure this will look bad ass, but it depends on the size and price if I will get it. I love venom anything, but this might be a little out there for me, I would have much preferred the anti-venom. SS did say this year was gonna be focused on everything Spiderman related, so this doesnt completely shock me.

i think pretty most everyone would've pefered it over this

Is this a late April Fools joke? :)

no that was the apple prop for sale scandal.:monkey2

Lets also add that making every A-lister before obscure characters would be pointless and would kill off interest in the SideShow Marvel line.
:lecture:goodpost::lecture great post, just make sure the obscure characters have enough of a following that people would be willing to shell out $300 for.

You're being a complete Philistine about this. You've consistently equated "being in touch with their fan base" with consistently creating character maquettes and PFs that are most requested/most popular, etc. I'm not going to kiss anyone's butt over this, but I don't understand any line of thinking that doesn't applaud Sideshow's choice to do characters that are popular with a choice few fans in addition to doing things for the mob.

It's one thing to be disappointed that the most recent announcement didn't include something you want on your shelves. Happens to me all of the time. But it's quite another thing to publicly lambast Sideshow for doing something outside of the box. Sideshow is absolutely not out of touch with their fan base. They just happen to also be in touch with a fan base that doesn't include you. That's right. There's another group of Marvel fans out there that want to be represented as well. Have the gracious nature to give them their day and to let it go.

I can say with total confidence that the people at Sideshow are earnest, dedicated to their fans to a baffling measure, and fanatical about the licenses they represent.
:inlove
(rant on)
You're right. I am being completely irrational, unintellectual, and unartistic because I don't understand making an obscure statue, that has never been requested by anyone, and will most likely end up on the gift card list or be given away.

Sideshow's products are art, absolutely. Sideshow has taken quality statues to a WHOLE new level; but Sideshow is also a business trying to sell a product. My thought is that it simply doesn't make sense to make product, even if the product looks stunning and awsome, that such a small margin of collectors will be willing to drop $300 for when there are SO many characters (many less known/obscure) that have been requested many times. Again, Sideshow wasn't making these nonrequested characters when they got started with the Marvel line.

This is a public forum and, like it or not, the bulk of people are luke-warm for this at best; this has nothing to do with "my" shelves, but the bulk of fans shelves. My opinion is that Sideshow has been out of touch with the bulk of their fans with some of their Marvel releases and Venomsaurus, while neat, is out of touch with fans. You further proved my point about your buttkissing.

I remember this sculpture at CSUSB ten years ago or so that was made out of manure with random movie stars pictures on it and a fountain at the top. Was it artistic? Yes, but to MOST people, it was still crap not worth putting in their home. I hope your sage-like wisdom can see the analogy.

I can already see that trying to further this circle jerk with you would be pretentious and redundant; I think we should both take heed of your advice and let it go. :hi5:

I will say it yet again, grats to the people who are excited for this. I am sure it will look amazing, but it is a very easy pass for me.

Last edited:
:inlove

This is a public forum and, like it or not, the bulk of people are luke-warm for this at best; this has nothing to do with "my" shelves, but the bulk of fans shelves. My opinion is that Sideshow has been out of touch with the bulk of their fans with some of their Marvel releases and Venomsaurus, while neat, is out of touch with fans. You further proved my point about your buttkissing.

luke-warm :thud: shat i think i saw the titanic iceberg floating by.

Back