Star Wars Rereleases in 3D Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I would go pay to go see the undisturbed OT films in the theaters quicker than 3d. I would rather that then pay to see them in fancy 3D. I'm sure that's weird to some. To those people I simply reply - No Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :lol
Insanity. Trendy gimmicks always make things better.

TPM had quite a bit as well. Normally they would have at least gone back to the original composites where all the elements are separated which while not perfect 3D would allow a lot of depth in the images. Or they could have gone further and actually go back to the 3D files that they created them with, but instead of that they just used the final composite. I really hope they don't continue to do it that way with the next ones.

That's exactly what they're doing with these. :yess:

I'll go see them if I can. TPM was my least favorite of the first three, so I didn't mind passing on that.

Honestly I would go pay to go see the undisturbed OT films in the theaters quicker than 3d. I would rather that then pay to see them in fancy 3D. I'm sure that's weird to some. To those people I simply reply - No Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :lol

While I totally agree, I'd say it's more of a business move than artistic. How many "kids" or people that didn't grow up with the original releases don't care for the original with all it's flaws. They just aren't used to and prefer the cleaned up version. I'm not condoning Lucas' moves, I can understand them though.

Lucas would make a mint re-releasing the original films in HD quality, at the theaters, on Blu Ray, etc. by appealing the huge Star Wars fanbase that wants that stuff. I get wanting 3-D as well, as well as all the other stuff they do to appeal to youngsters, but he seems genuinely ashamed of what the original Star Wars trilogy was at this point. Blows my mind, but I don't see any other explanation for it.

As I said in the Detours thread, that video a non Lucas related fan made about the Han Solo adventures put every legit SW related anything of the past 20 years to shame. If that was a real thing Lucas would still have alot of older fans.

The thing is all the new material, new movies, new cartoons do is cater to the kiddies. Yea 20 years ago w/ Phantom Menace the building a new generation of fans excuse worked but guess what, now they are all grown up too. And all we adults still have which they now are too is the OT and it keeps getting more and more played with and becoming less and less what we all fell in love with, what made Star Wars what it was. I don't own a single SW on dvd, and when I was a kid, before POTF2 Figures, before special editions, before Prequels I was a huge fan, I bought vintage figures at the mall, I had to explain to everyone in 2nd grade what a Darth Vader was, I watched each VHS until it was worn out.

It's a sad thing and you can hate me for it, but I'm looking forward to him dying and having zero involvement in SW ever again. At least on that day I'll know theres a chance we'll get the unaltered OT, OT related material from minds of fans who grew up on it, aren't ashamed and can make something fun and exciting out of that universe again without any tampering from George. It's just ashame because obviously I appreciate what he gave us, but I guess it will take him being gone for me to be able to appreciate it again.

As I said in the Detours thread, that video a non Lucas related fan made about the Han Solo adventures put every legit SW related anything of the past 20 years to shame. If that was a real thing Lucas would still have alot of older fans.

The thing is all the new material, new movies, new cartoons do is cater to the kiddies. Yea 20 years ago w/ Phantom Menace the building a new generation of fans excuse worked but guess what, now they are all grown up too. And all we adults still have which they now are too is the OT and it keeps getting more and more played with and becoming less and less what we all fell in love with, what made Star Wars what it was. I don't own a single SW on dvd, and when I was a kid, before POTF2 Figures, before special editions, before Prequels I was a huge fan, I bought vintage figures at the mall, I had to explain to everyone in 2nd grade what a Darth Vader was, I watched each VHS until it was worn out.

It's a sad thing and you can hate me for it, but I'm looking forward to him dying and having zero involvement in SW ever again. At least on that day I'll know theres a chance we'll get the unaltered OT, OT related material from minds of fans who grew up on it, aren't ashamed and can make something fun and exciting out of that universe again without any tampering from George.

:exactly::goodpost: I'll never buy the blu rays till we get an unaltered release. GL is just selfish adding all the extra crap that no one else wants apart from him and his ego.
I read somewhere that a bunch of guys were piecing together the unraped OT and upgrading it to HD themselves?

It's a sad thing and you can hate me for it, but I'm looking forward to him dying and having zero involvement in SW ever again. At least on that day I'll know theres a chance we'll get the unaltered OT, OT related material from minds of fans who grew up on it, aren't ashamed and can make something fun and exciting out of that universe again without any tampering from George. It's just ashame because obviously I appreciate what he gave us, but I guess it will take him being gone for me to be able to appreciate it again.
I read somewhere that he was not going to allow anyone to release the unaltered trilogy officially even after he died. If true, then how much must he really hate it? :lol

I read somewhere that a bunch of guys were piecing together the unraped OT and upgrading it to HD themselves?
It exists to some extent. Google "Harmy Star Wars"

I'll probably see them as last hurrah's, even the OTs. Altered or unaltered there just comes a point where there is no need to see any of them the 300th time.

To many other shows and movies to watch too little time.

I've got my snack for the Episode II release all ready to go!

RMKxM.jpg

For some reason I just don't care. :dunno

It's strange, I used to eat up Star Wars. I think the constant changes made to the films has finally turned me off.

:lecture Not arsed anymore. My Star Wars moods are becoming ever more infrequent even for the OT. Not saying he raped my childhood but I hate what Lucas evidently thought SW should be and what he made it become.

Back